levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - May 28 2024 :  04:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a picture of our little Violet at the "wax museum" her class did. They had little paper buttons on the floor in front of them and you had to step onto so they would stand and start talking. Some of the costume were fantastic and she did a great job remembering her information.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 28 2024 04:47:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - May 28 2024 :  10:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She looks adorable all dressed up!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - May 28 2024 :  11:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What fun! A very unique idea.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - May 28 2024 :  7:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That’s so fun! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  03:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had such a great time! Here are a couple more pictures of some of the kids. They did such a great job for 2nd graders. They even had a lizard though it was a bit hard to hear him. It was hard to hear many of them due to all the talking as people went around the room to hear them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 30 2024 03:52:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  03:30:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 30 2024 03:51:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  03:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They all did such a wonderful job! On to 3rd grade! This year we have a kindergartener, 3rd grade, 6th grade, 2- 8th graders,and a senior. Grands are growing up fast!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  6:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crazy how time flies, isn’t it! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  9:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice flowers, Denise. Something happy!

Ed and I are beat. We've been busy cleaning up the mess the storm left us with. We had 4 large trees downed by straight-line winds - 2 uprooted and 2 topped. One uprooted tree fell onto the roof and put a hole through the roof and into the master bedroom ceiling with rain pouring in (we had 4" in a very short time period); the other uprooted tree fell across the street in front of the house and along with the entire top of the tree next to it blocked the road for most of the day. Fence is down, gutters badly damaged, 5 trusses in attic damaged from weight of the tree, 2 storage shed/lean-tos demolished, and lots of leaves in the yard. Neither Ed nor I have ever heard the winds howling by so loud and for so long - they are saying the winds were 65-90 mph in areas. Was very scary situation, especially when I heard the tree fall onto the house. Roofers came and cut tree down off the roof and covered the area with a tarp, but we still have gaping holes where the flashing is in the eaves, and they are still predicting storms for the next 5 days, including possibly severe storms about 2 am tomorrow morning. Adjuster is not coming until Monday, and that is after she called and said she couldn't come until Saturday, June 8th. I called her back and said we couuldn't wait that long, and when I told her everything that was wrong she said she hadn't been given that information and she changed her schedule to come earlier. There are over 500 insurance claims in the area, and I know there are also people with even more damage. Trees are down on every street here - it is really bad. And some people have been without power since Tuesday morning.

I hope this is settled and work gets done soon, but I know it will take a while. We will need complete ceiling work and carpeting in the master bedroom, and that means painting it, too. Plus one end of the mattress got soaked, too. And the master closet needs carpeting and possible wall replacement and maybe ceiling. Plus rebuilding the trusses and reroofing; we aren't sure about more possible structural damages. And then all the outside repairs. UGH!

We have rearranged my craft storage room to add 2 pipes across the shelving units for hanging clothes. The other closets in the house are crammed with clothes, too. We've decided this will be a good time to clean out a bit and donate some of the clothing we no longwer may need.

And on a good note, we are leaving Wednesday for a week in California for my niece's wedding and a 4-day visit with my sister. Hopefully, we won't have to cut it short with more weather problems.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  10:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda!
Oh my I am so glad you’re both safe! That must have been so scary! Where were you in your house when all that hit! Oh my!
So sorry you have all those repairs! I am glad you’re safe! I can’t imagine the noise of that storm!
Have a very safe trip to California and the wedding! Are you driving or flying?
Just keep safe!

My Denise that looked like a Funtime with the kids! What a neat idea for them with the costumes and their stories! I bet besides being so cute it was very interesting hearing their stories. They had some great costumes, I love her Octopus on her head, and the flamingo and lizard was really neat! What a fun time for you all.
I love those kinds of activities!
So creative!
Thanks for sharing.

Hugs!
Stay safe everyone!
Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  11:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Linda! So glad you and Ed are safe. Scary indeed. I hope the repairs are done well and quickly and no more storms come. California will welcome you with no storms, just heat. I don't know where you are going but it will be in the 100s here in the valley next week.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  08:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Linda, yes those straight- line winds were very bad. Even down my way. Got downtown Houston pretty bad. Office buildings with blown out windows. Just the other day here in Alvin, TX we got more Straight- line winds at 70 or more. part of our fence is damaged. But so glad you and Ed are okay. Stay strong.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."
Sister #8572 6/9/2023

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  6:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Darlene - I was standing right outside the master bedroom door, and heard the wind and the noise of something landing on the roof. Very scary. We ae dlhying to Sacramento and renting a car.

Judith - we will be at a Motel in Modesto Wednesay night, in Yosemite Lodge for Thursday and Friday nights (the wedding is on Friday at 4), and then at my sister's new-to-her house in Placerville until the 13th when we fly back to Texas.

Laurie - We saw all the Houston tornado damages on tv a few days before this storm hit. We have never experienced a storm with winds and rain and noise like this one. It did not sound like a train, but it was loud whooshes constantly for what seemed like forever.

Amd it has been raining some every day since, too, with more rain in the next 5 days.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Denise -

Those kids look like they had a great time with the costumes. Sounds like a fun time for the kids and even the adults to watch them.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  7:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- You're going to be toasty Wednesday; 106 is predicted, but Yosemite will be beautiful.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2024 :  03:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda ~ I sure hope you can get everything there rolling so that you can take your trip. How awful those storms are. I always worry about our trees coming down when it storms. The other nights storms looked more like a hurricane than a rain storm. I am not a fan of any kind of storm. I sure hope they get everything straightened out and you are able to get all the repairs done quickly.
So glad you both are safe. Was it at night it happened?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 01 2024 03:12:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2024 :  8:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Our ground was so super saturated from all the rain we've had this spring that the roots of the larger trees just could not withstand the very high winds.
Front yard - 2 large oak trees down - 1 uprooted and across street and in neighbor's yard and second tree topped and in the street.

Backyard large oak tree - fell on roof over master bedroom and one branch came through the ceiling in the bedroom and several came through the roof. It also broke several of the trusses in the attic. In last pix you can see the top from the front of the house - it was a huge tree.

Our trees were probably about 35+ years old, and some that were also uprooted nearby were over 100 years old.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 01 2024 8:50:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2024 :  11:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh Linda!
I am so glad you and your hubby are ok!
That must have been very scary and very loud!
You take care ok!
All of you sweet ladies please take care too!
The weather is weird out there and l have heard it’s not done yet!

Blessings!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2024 :  01:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you have some good professional help. It looks like too much to attempt on your own. Do you feel safe going on your trip? Are more storms in the future? I sure hope not.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2024 :  08:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of predicted rain; hopefully, no more heavy storms. We will have someone watching the house for us.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2024 :  10:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh LInda, I am so sorry that you were hit badly by this storm!! What an awful mess and burden to worry about, sort through, repair, and get your home back to normal!! I sure hope there will not be more fierce rains ahead for you too. You and Ed take care and I hope all the parts of repairing go smoothly for you and also quickly. Keep us posted.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9501 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9501 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2024 :  07:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I am so sorry that happened.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Project Discussions: Previous Topic To brighten the day Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page