treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1221 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1221 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  5:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Marilyn on the great grand baby. Good to hear you are doing better Linda. We just finished turning a bedroom in the basement into my craft room. It has all my treasures, oodles of special farm girl gifts to hang on the walls, a cozy chair to read in and a small TV if I want to listen to a show while I sew or putter. I love being able to leave my project on the table and just shut the door, knowing I can pick it right back up when I choose too.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  05:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I wish I had Julie, a place I could just leave a project out but with the beds being used I try not to do that because then I have to clean up and put everything away when someone stays. I don't get things done to quickly. So i tend to put them away and forget them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  05:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warren and I got our first dose of the Moderna Covid vaccine on Wednesday. I had a sore arm for about 24 hours but I always get a sore arm with Flu and Tetnus vaccines as well. The second dose will be on February 10. It was so easy to do and and we were grateful to be able to schedule an appointment at a local Health Dept.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't get the vaccine for 90 days since I have had COVID, and since we think Ed has had it but aren't sure then he can't either. Our doctor said all the vaccines are very safe and that even though they were fast-tracked they got all the necessary testing. She said that usually they start developing a vaccine and have to stop testing and researching to beg for more money to go on - sometimes several times during the research process. With the government giving them all the money they needed, they did not have to stop once they started and we got the vaccines early. That made a lot of sense and makes us feel a little better about the vaccines getting finished so quickly.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  07:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd share a post I put on Facebook for my mom's birthdate today.

Today would have been mom's 95th birthday. But it was time for her to go home. So thankful for all she put into my life. To me she was the most amazing, fun loving person. She loved to spend time with her family and they were the people who made her happiest. I am so grateful for all the happy memories. The first is her wedding picture and the second is one of the few I have of her and I.
It was at my daughter's wedding in 2003.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1273 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1273 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  10:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful pictures. There's definitely a family resemblance.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  04:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People always said I look like my mom until my dad came to live with us. But he had brown eyes and dark hair. Mostly, I think I look more like her. I wish my sister had taken her to get her hair done for this wedding though. She always had it done so nice
Btw, her wedding dress was made from curtains. She couldn't afford to go buy a dress, it waa during the depression, so she had to make do. I had a full length picture of her in the dress, but haven't been able to find it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 28 2021 04:11:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  05:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, what a lovely photo of your Mom, Denise, on her wedding day!! You two do share a lot of resemblance in the photo you shared. I also love the story of how your Mom turned available curtains into a beautiful wedding dress. That story reminded me of the curtain address Scarlet has made after the Civil War in Gone with the Wind. Women always seem to have creative and practical skills to make make amazing things out of the least likely items.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  06:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have her wedding dress. I was a bit big to wear it but she wanted me to have for my granddaughters maybe. We will see.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How sweet is that, Denise!! I have my Mom's wedding dress but it is tiny and quite fragile now. I also have lots of the cards Mom saved from family and friends on her wedding day which are so fun to have.

The past few weeks, I have been busy with catching up on cards and notes to family and farmgirls, finishing up a couple of good books I started, changing around furniture in my LogCabin room to use the limited space better. My crafts have gotten sort of piled up in a storage space so I have been trying to go through each one and straighten out the mess. Last week, I finally tackled my embroidery box that looked like a bomb went off in it. I inherited it with lots of colors many years ago and then never made it straight. The floss was wrapped around little paper holders but was not labeled to what the color was. For many years, I rarely used it so more floss was just put in the box. Now that I have gotten back to cross stitching, I had to get it all organized so I knew if i already had a color called for in the pattern. Then, I threw out most of all the unlabeled colors and place my latest floss on new hard plastic holders I found at Hobby Lobby. It was a two day project but it really needed to get done and I am happy with the end result. Hehehe, these are the things that only retired people have time to actually take on!! LOL!! Next up.......the fabric scrap plastic tub!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I have a little thing that looks like a doll dresser that I got from Herrschnerr's years ago that holds my bobbins of floss. It makes it so much easier to see when I am going to need more. I take the bobbins out when working on a project and put them on a ring. Boy, did that help me to keep from losing them. I was always misplacing them before that. When I'm finished I just put them back in order.
So glad to have gone through my fabric and straightened and sorted it out. I need to do my fabric scraps too!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2021 :  06:26:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, that sounds like a really cool storage box! Can you just post a photo of what it looks like and the bobbins that keep the floss? I am intrigued!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9524 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9524 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2021 :  10:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I'll post a photo for as soon as I can.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jumping into January 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page