hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  3:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
June is a time of warmth and sun... usually... around here. So far, that is what we have enjoyed! Beautiful sunny days, with occasional storms passing through. I've been trying to get more of my garden planted... with getting snow so late in the year this year, I feel so far behind. What about the rest of you? Are your gardens planted and producing?

The kids are super busy this month. Right now three of them are doing a sewing conference and four of the kids are doing quilting as well. Next week our 4H club are running the concessions at the city pool. We will also be finishing up our gardening class and the crochet class. So busy!!!

This week I also started my iron infusions. Not fun! I feel extremely ill during them and break out in hives! Very thankful for Benadryl!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  5:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’ll be praying for you during the iron infusions, Shannon. Things are winding down here, school and music lessons are soon ending. Gardening hasn’t started because we can’t plant until after the first full moon of June. It’s quite cold here still :( sometimes you think it’s going to warm up, but then it still has a bit of a chill in the air.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  6:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh golly Joyce! And here I thought we were bad with our cooler temps this year! When is the first full moon this June? How long is your gardening season?

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2019 :  6:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When our oldest grand child was one...just barely, we drove to Wisconsin. I was surprised that nothing was growing in the garden spot that was plowed and ready for seeds or transplants. No flowers coming up either...and it was about June 10th, if I remember correctly. But I was assured that a bountiful harvest would be gathered. They usually became snowbirds in mid September so I did not see how it could ever get hot enough to grow veggies. I was also in awe of how tall the trees grow up north.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2019 :  03:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, it’s after Father’s Day I believe, the 19th. I will need to have things in by about mid-September or watch the weather closely and cover, and try for October so I can get more.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce - your growing season sounds much like ours.... I may need to pick your brain about different types of plants to grow.

Marilyn - I need to learn how to grow food in colder areas!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  8:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you northern ladies start your plants in your basements under grow lights, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4051 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4051 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2019 :  09:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spring is here in the Mountains of Colorado. Warm but thunderstorms every afternoon.
I bought my herbs and tomato plants, I do container playing for my deck. I have planted my my Morning Glories in a metal bath tub.I planted Morning Glory Grandpa Ott which is my favorite as they are Dark Purple Flowers. Hubby is making my little wood trellises for when they start growing and the vines start.
Oh I am loving my mornings we have coffee on the deck. No more snow hopefully but we never know.
Happy Weekend to all and Bug Hugs.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4051 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4051 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2019 :  09:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blessed in Colorado

Spring is here in the Mountains of Colorado. Warm but thunderstorms every afternoon.
I bought my herbs and tomato plants, I do container playing for my deck. I have planted my my Morning Glories in a metal bath tub.I planted Morning Glory Grandpa Ott which is my favorite as they are Dark Purple Flowers. And the Zeeland Hybrid Mix. Hubby is making my little wood trellises for when they start growing and the vines start.
Oh I am loving my mornings we have coffee on the deck. No more snow hopefully but we never know.
Happy Weekend to all and Bug Hugs.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2019 :  3:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I'm so glad you can get outdoors. Spring is so nice. This morning I went up to visit my neighbor, pick some blackberries and visit. We were talking about how beautiful our spring has been with God's wildflower show. We have enjoyed three months of blooming hills and highway right of ways as well as pastures and creek sides and gullies. Everything is so beautiful. I told her it is as if God is showing us what the garden of Eden is like. It seems that every seed that was ever dropped by a bird or the angels, got so much rain they just had to show off. I have really enjoyed the colorful show and hopefully it will continue!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  7:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm actually looking into doing that next year Marilyn! Mainly because I have a storage room that is safe from cats, lol.

Debbie - oh how I am over snow for this year!!!! We planted our chili peppers today. Hoping to get tomatoes in the ground tomorrow.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  07:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I worked on planting more of my garden... tomatoes, bell and chili peppers, eggplants and tomatillos were all put in the ground. I'm hoping for a productive year again! Carrots, lettuce, peas, onions, potatoes, beets, and radishes have all been growing nicely this far! We have already harvested some volunteer lettuce and roach, as well as onions.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic June warmth and sun Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page