Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 In the Coolness of October...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic In the Coolness of October... Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  07:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else's mind kinda boggled over the fact that it is already October? While I realize that Fall officially started last month, it is generally in October when I truly embrace the season. The leaves are changing here, the air most definitely has a coolness and sometimes a chill, and life has a way of slowing down in some regards, yet speeding up in others. Saturday I switched out some of my kids' clothing - putting away the swimsuits and shorts, the sundresses and sleeveless shirts. Instead we hung up the longsleeve dresses, the sweaters, and the winter coats. While my favorite season is Spring, I love the changes each one brings! For me, each season is a chance to reflect on whatever season of life I am in as well... to examine if anything needs to be changed, to clean out the cobwebs of parts of my life, and to start new endeavors as needed. One thing I know I need to focus on is to finish harvesting my garden, as below freezing temps and snow are in our near forecast!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  07:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I woke up this morning and Kenny Chesney's song, "Boys of Fall" was on the radio. I thought, it's the first of October!!! Wow! It was just the 4th of July! Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it . I'm ready to unwind and slow down. We finally got some rain yesterday..we haven't had any since last spring. It wasn't much but it's hopefully a start to the end of our drought. Praying for lots of rain and snow!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  08:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still need to switch out the clothes and coats, etc. We had a pretty warm September. It still doesn't feel like fall yet. Sometimes in the morning but generally the days are pretty warm still. Yesterday it was warmer outside than it was in my house! I found this project this year on pinterest that I really want to make. It's simple and I love how it looks. It's just coffee filters misted with water, then painted with diluted liquid watercolors. Once they dry, you cut them out into leaf shapes and glue onto bare branches. I'm hoping to do that this week. Apples come first though! Here's a picture:

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  08:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, that is so pretty! Be sure and show us what your finished project looks like!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4057 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4057 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  12:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am ready for fall and our yearly drive to see the colors of the Aspens and other trees changing colors and dropping their leaves.
Next Monday we are suppose to get ice and it will be very cold, I will have our fire in the wood stove. My guys are cleaning out the chimney and the wood is stacked. Life is good!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  07:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is going to be one of those crazy busy days! Looks like we are getting slammed with slow next week... Before then, we have to get wood stacked, my garden harvested, the goat barn cleaned out, tomatoes canned, zucchini relish made and canned, roofing on the chicken coop, and flashing on the goat barn. Thing is, it is supposed to rain tomorrow, and we are only here for the morning on Friday. Every other day until Monday, we are booked solid. That means today I need to get my garden done, the wood stacked and the goat barn cleaned out. Tomorrow I will can the zucchini relish, and tomorrow night I guess, if it isn't raining too bad, we will do the roofing for the barn. And the flashing. Hmmmmm

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  07:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I woke up this morning and Kenny Chesney's song, "Boys of Fall" was on the radio. I thought, it's the first of October!!! Wow! It was just the 4th of July! Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it . I'm ready to unwind and slow down. We finally got some rain yesterday..we haven't had any since last spring. It wasn't much but it's hopefully a start to the end of our drought. Praying for lots of rain and snow!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic In the Coolness of October... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page