Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 The Dog Days of Summer~ August 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic The Dog Days of Summer~ August 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 3

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  07:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you all believe that tomorrow is the last day of August? It feels like it has gone fast in one way, and dragged along in the weather outcomes. Anyway, It is fun to see September arrive!! This weekend is the first football game for the University of Florida , here in town. There is always a hustle and bustle about when there are home games and we get lots of out of town enthusiasts too. We have a new coach this year so everyone has high hopes for a much better season than the last few.

Marilyn, great to hear from you! Gracious, you have been busy with lots of farm chores. IN this summer heat, that hasn't been easy!

Darlene, how wonderful that you are getting some cooler weather lately! Such a welcomed relief!!

I have been busy doing things around the house because it has been so hot and lots of rain storms that outside work is just miserable!! The pest control came today because we have an infestation of moth web worms killing the grass and tip beetles killing the Shumard Oak new growth branches. With the constant heavy rains everyday, spraying doesn't do anything because it just immediately washes away the poison sprayed on the surface. We also have evidence of dry termite damage which means the only way to get rid of them is to tent the house!! OY!! Now we have to get an estimate about all that which is not cheap. The joys of living in an old house are painful at times and this house isn't even that old!!1It was built in 1961.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
It has definitely been a hot August! I am hoping that we get out of 90's in September but it doesn't look good for our first week. My consolation is that the further we get out of summer the cooler the temps have to get. LOL!

Been doing some fall cleaning, trying to get ahead as I will be gone 2 weeks when the new grandson comes. Looking pretty good. I've been downsizing as I go. Hopefully by winter, depending on busyness I will get it done. Crossing my fingers anyway.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  6:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait till its cooler. Roasting with upper90's, but feels like in the hundreds. EEEk!. Then when it is cooler I will be drinking hot chocolate. Ha!

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  7:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, we had a heat index of 102 today. Yesterday was 105.
Ha, I've already stocked up on hot cocoa!
I saw pumpkin spice flavored cereal at the grocers today. I'm not the only one rushing fall. Lol

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 30 2018 7:07:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  10:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have stocking up on hot chocolate, this one store here has new packages of Swiss Miss in dark chocolate and in double chocolate favors of cocoa mix, really good and the price of.99 cents great in my coffee.
Pumpkin flavored everything will be coming out soon.

Have a good night.#128564;

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic The Dog Days of Summer~ August 2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page