Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Merry Christmas Past.................
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Merry Christmas Past................. Next Topic  

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  10:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pictures from, Tennessee, Ohio, New York, Penn. Minnesota, Chicago. Some not marked.

Farmgirl Hug! Connie
Imagine....33392

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  10:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I LOVE THESE PICTURES!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  11:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, it was worth the search and time since you love them!! Me too!!!!!!!!!!! I am cooking cornbread for Sunday for dressing and posting pictures in between the oven buzzers! I got Lily June tomorrow, so I goota make good use of my time today! LOL!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  11:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Is LJ still wearing her apron?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  11:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, yes she is! She puts it on when she comes to my house. I have not let her wear it home yet. I want it here for us to wear this spring too! Holly has the other one. I give her a bath and put on her footed pjs' so she is all ready for bed on Tues. and Thurs. when Mommie picks her up after work. That's the only way I can get it off her is put her in the tub! LOL!! I love that you made it. it is special to me!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  7:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your pictures Connie. I remember when my teddy was my companion, like the little girl in the photo. I remember when they decorated down town, and music, Christmas music, was played so shoppers could hear it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  7:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband just commented that he and his uncle used to put the down town lights up each year, changing out the bulbs that were burned out, to make the square festive and pretty. Sadly our down town is almost solid attorneys offices now.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  05:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's too bad, Marilyn. My little town is so small there is not much to decorate, but the local restaurant always has colorful lights on the front of the building.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  05:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh connie, how these photos bring back memories of my Christmas times as a little girl! They are wonderful photos. I especially love the one of the downtown decorations that spanned the main street. They look just like the ones we had in Charlottesville. One highlight I especially remember was the live Nativity we had every year in the city park beside the Post Office. They figurines were life size but they had real sheep, a donkey and even a camel once. I loved going there and watching the animals. I wonder what the city ever did with that set up?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  07:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, your nativity story reminds me of another live nativity that a local church had each year. My son and Julie were Joseph and Mary one year. Baylee was only two.
I took her to watch, to see all of the people and the animals too. The characters took a break to go inside and have some hot chocolate and warm up, and we followed. I was carrying Baylee, when Joseph spoke to her...She clutched me tightly...She recognized her daddy's voice but not the clothes and get up he was wearing. Then Her mom began talking to her. She looked and looked, finally she decided they were ok. The following three years her Bitty Baby doll was the baby in the manger. One year the sheep broke loose and they were chasing them all around.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Dec 22 2016 07:15:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  08:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great stories Winnie and Marilyn.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  08:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love all your memories! Growing up here in the 1960's almost all churches had live nativities! One church down the road here still does, they have it set up on the main highway that leads to a string of small towns and many people drive that road to work in Memphis. The traffic backs ups for a mile at a time. It's dark on that highway so the Star they have lit at the top of the manager can be seen for miles. They do it in all weathers! Last year it was cold! They have been out there all week 5-9 pm. They will be there till tomorrow night. We drive up most nights just 1/2 mile from us. It calms the soul!

Merry Christmas!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  11:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is awesome, Connie.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Merry Christmas Past................. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page