hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  3:31:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to come up with ideas to decorate this year (we should finally get our stuff tomorrow!), and would love to hear what all of you do!!! Do you have color themes? Or some things that always go up?

Each of us always get a new ornament each year, to hang the first Sunday of Advent (the tree traditionally goes up on Black Friday). My children's usually reflect them or their interests for the year. For example, Aly is getting a Cat in the Hat ornament this year, as that has captivated her heart <3 Sammi (my 7 yo) is getting a cat ornament as she dreams of owning cats and requests some for every Christmas and birthday (if things work out, she will be getting a few kittens for her birthday that will be raised indoors through the rest of the winter and then become barn cats.) I always receive a Willow Tree ornament, and my hubby gets a Christ based ornament. We also generally get a Nutcracker each year to add to our small but growing collection, and I have numerous Nativities that I put up.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  3:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a woodsy/earthy tree type girl (well so is my husband! heehee) We always put our tree up on our anniversary - December 4th. We also always buy a new ornament every year on our anniversary, and label it with the year. Our tree has a burlap ribbon around it, lights, an then traditional red and gold balls with most ornaments being of an earthy nature - for example, a sweater covered ball, an owl, a wooden snowman etc. We get the tree from our back yard..haha! I was really hoping to have two trees this year, but my husband thought it was a bit much for our little house. So, I have a little fake tree that I put all my handmade ornaments from my farmgirls from :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Christmas decorations? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page