Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Jubilee Cuff Swap - PARTNERS POSTED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jubilee Cuff Swap - PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last year I joined a denim cuff swap and it was very close to the Jubilee, so I made a Jubilee cuff for both me and my partner.

I am starting a 2016 Jubilee Cuff Swap for our SPG henhouse. It does not have to be denim; it can be of another fabric or even another medium, if you want. I used cuffs from a denim shirt I got at a thrift shop, but you can make a cuff from scratch, too. Be creative!

Signups start 4/4/16
Signups end 4/20/16
Partners posted 4/21/16
Mail-out date 4/30/16 at the latest

Jubilee this year is May 7 and 8, so please join in and help us celebrate the MJF 2016 Jubilee.

Amy and Marilyn will be partners.
Thanks for joining in.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 21 2016 6:11:43 PM

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  5:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sign me up Linda. Great idea.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2016 :  6:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound fun, sign me up!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2016 :  5:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to have you join in on this swap Marilyn and Amy. Will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. Start planning and making. I'm looking for a shirt with neat cuffs now. Lol.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  06:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One more day to sign up. I can't believe only 3 of us are interested in swapping a Jubilee cuff. I wear mine from last year a lot when I go shopping and get comments on it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  12:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to, but I have a very busy month coming up! Company, Dave's 75th Birthday Party, which will be an all weekend event with family coming from out of town. My head is a swimming! Thankful for daughters that are very organized and willing to help :) Plus my big sister is coming from Scituate MA next Tuesday for 10 days. So excited! Y'all have fun, maybe next time I will have time to spare!
Looking forward to seeing photo's though!
So if I am MIA the next few weeks, you will know why!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  1:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  10:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have a great time with your family, Ruth. We'll catch you on another swap.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  2:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn and Linda :)! Dave is not feeling good at all, please say a prayer that he will be all better and able to enjoy his party! Thanks farmgirl sisters - hugs!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  3:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, did he over do it, with outside work? My husband, age 74, had back surgery last September. He has to be the most impatient human in the world. He should be all better. I told him three years, last week the doctor told him two more years.The nerves were so badly pinched they are mad.He always complains of feeling bad, weak, etc. His primary care doctor has been telling him he feels bad because he is getting old. He did not like that.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  6:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amy and Marilyn - you will be partners. I have my cuff from last year, so you can make one for each other for this year. Thanks for joining!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  6:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2016 :  8:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see your cuffs!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2016 :  04:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Linda. Marilyn I will probably finish yours tomorrow!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  4:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, I received your package today. I was amazed at all the goodies you sent as well as the tiny apron, with such tiny pockets and with colorful beads spelling out farm girl jubilee. You are so creative.The soap smells so good.Thank you for everything. I will put your package in the mail tomorrow.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  6:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cute package of goodies, Marilyn. Nice job, Amy.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  6:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, did you make the cute card with pressed flowers? It is very nice. When Baylee (age...almost 19), was in first grade I volunteered in her classroom two afternoons each week. My job was to keep the kids busy so the teacher could check their work and talk to them about missed problems, etc. We did art projects. One day I did pressed flower Mother's Day cards with them.(actually it was two days to allow their glue to dry) before sealing them up. The kids enjoyed choosing from my collection, and seemed proud of their cards. Of course they wrote inside before we did any gluing. I learned to press small flowers from my only grandmother when I was about nine. She also taught me to candle eggs. Even though she was born nearly two hundred years after her family came over from France, she had so many French ways...simple peasant ways. As a kid I did not know any of this. As an adult, I can see her influence on me.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  6:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a neat story about your grandmother, Marilyn.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  11:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad you like everything, Marilyn! No, I didn't make the card, someone gave me a set of them, isn't that nice? It's interesting how much our grandmothers can influence us. I was lucky enough to have both grandmothers and one great-grandmother in my life long enough for them each to have quite an influence on me in very different ways.

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - May 15 2016 :  08:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm way, way, way overdue with thanking you, Marilyn, for the beautiful cuff and all the generous tucks! The cuff is a lovely floral with vintage silk flowers and pearl buttons. It is perfect for the dress I'm wearing to Bonnie's graduation, I can't wait! Also included were two sweet bunting trimmed dishtowels and a darling glamper mug rug - your work is so good! And thank you for the pretty pocket tissues, too. Then there were goodies for Lily and mom. Lily is crazy about the finger puppets and has played with them non-stop. Mom was thrilled with the porcelain box, we love the 23rd Psalm. I hope you've received her note. This was an unbelievably wonderful Jubilee package, thank you so much!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - May 15 2016 :  08:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Great cuffs - both of you! Thanks for participating in the swap.

I love those towels, Marilyn. I am going to steal your idea! I hope you don't mind.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 15 2016 08:59:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2016 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad you received your package, Amy. I wanted my flowers to be Prarie roses, but those things turn out the way they want to be. I thought they were pretty, even though not exactly what I aimed for. And Linda you are welcome to that idea.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Jubilee Cuff Swap - PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page