levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  06:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't sure I would be on here later so I just wanted to wish all my hen house sisters a happy and healthy new year!

May we all set ourselves some goals that we can work towards this year. I hate resolutions and I never stick with them but if I make goals, even if I do not quite get there it is ok. At least I have worked towards something and I don't get disappointed in myself. Please don't ask me the difference because I really don't know. There probably isn't any.

May each of you be blessed in the coming year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  06:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Everyone, a very Happy New Year to you! I love the new year because it is like the first day of school and being handed a new notebook of unused paper to fill. The possibilities will be fun and exciting!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  07:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a wish for safe and Happy New Year 2016 to all my SPG sisters. As Winnie says, we now have a brand new slate. A fresh calendar of days to enjoy and treasure. And like Denise, I also hate resolutions, and smaller goals are much easier to achieve and help us feel better when we do.

Happy New Year!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  07:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love all of your comments, and I agree. I loosely plan but know that God often gives me interruptions, so I must remain flexible. I enjoyed 2015 because I finally joined MJF, after almost seven years of wanting to. Finally I thought my time would allow me to enjoy it. And enjoy it I did, because I found so many wonderful farmgirl friends, many who sew and paint, crochet, knit, craft, and are just downright creative. I also learned that I can enjoy it with the interruptions that come along. Happy New Year everyone. Looking forward to more fun swaps and getting to know everyone better.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie~ I agree! I always liked the first day of school and the new year is the same. As Anne of Green Gables would say, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it"

Marilyn~ Very glad that you decided to join MJF. We would have missed out on a new friendship if you hadn't.

Linda~ Yes, smaller goals for me.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  2:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year for all my sisters in the here. Can't believe it is 2016.

Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  3:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  6:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year from your Farmgirl Sister in the North Georgia Mountains. The sun came out today, what a blessing that was :)! We have had sooo much rain.
I wish you all the best on your "Plans" for 2016! I have a few that I want to accomplish myself :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to my beautiful, talented and brilliant hen house sisters! May this be a year of special moments, accomplished goals, and just plain good old-fashioned health and happiness. 2016 is looking good!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is exciting, in just a few hours our new year will begin. We drove a short distance to our son's house for snacks and visiting with them, the grand girls, friends and their grown twin daughters. That was fun. We came home about 8:30, they will play games and catch up on news and see the new year in. I think I will be sleeping. It makes me feel so good to have you in my life. I hope you are all feeling the love, as I am. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  6:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sleep well, Marilyn. Hopefully, the fireworks won't wake you up. Ed and I are staying home tonight, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  7:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you ever read someone's address and a beautiful picture pops into your mind? I can see Ruth up in the northern Georgia mountains, with all the green trees, and the sun peeping through to warm her spirit. Like Judiths Nora Springs, Iowa,(sounds like lemonade and cookies on a big front porch, in a comfy rocker, on a sunny afternoon.) and Amy's historic Concord Avenue in Talleyville, Delaware,( I asked her about that because I know I have read about that town, in Eighth grade American History text books) then there is Judy in Bimble, Kentucky.(Such a cute name, and it rhymes with thimble, a device I never learned to use.) My imagination has fun thinking about every address I write on a card or package, wondering what special things you all love about where you live.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  7:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The dogs barked all night last night. Hopefully they will sleep tonight. There are strange four legged critters in the area. Dogs and cats. We were not even close to the tornados but we suddenly have strays. We are five miles from town. Fire works don't usually bother us, they are a good distance away.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  7:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the way you think about addresses and scenic views. That is so neat. I sometimes get pictures like that, too, but not as vivid as yours. That's wonderful.

I hear dogs and coyotes a lot at night. Haven't seen any strange dogs here - we are about 40-45 miles from the tornado devastation, so probably won't get any strays around here.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know how animals sense things in nature...like when a cold front. is kicking up the wind, Wade 's horses go nuts, pitching and bucking. When the buffalo run in Yellowstone. They just know and they go. So I am wondering if the blizzard to our west, the ice and snow around here and tornados to our east just spooked the cats and dogs. I will tell you a funny coyote story. When I was about 33 and Wade was 13 we moved to the country, 19 miles from town. In the summer the only human who drove down the dirt road was the mailman. Robert went down to the Austin area to build a house for a family. One night the wind began to blow, a shed door was popping and the coyotes began to howl. Now, from the age of nine until 33, I had been a city girl. Actually a small town girl.) Those coyotes scared Wade and me too!!! We each packed some clothes, etc. and drove to town to my in laws. They did not laugh at us. Robert did when he heard about it. But we slept nice and safe that one night, and everyone assured us the coyotes would not bother us. But every night I would lie across the foot of Wade 's bed until he was sound asleep, then move to my own bed.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  06:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year! Looking forward to what 2016 has to offer!

Marilyn, one of my favourite saying is "if you want to make God laugh, tell her your plans" I basically tend to go with the flow, with some flexible structure. Works for me!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  06:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, your way of imagining us all by our addresses is so delightful. I read your post over and over, it was so fun to imagine along with you. I've never seen a coyote, but we do have them near here. Your story was great, and I probably would do the same! :) Animals do have some amazing ways of sensing things. When I was a teenager I had this sweet, fat, gentle little cat named Violet. She was very quiet, never got excited. She slept on my pillow. One night she jumped up on her hind legs and looked out the window, a very uncharacteristic thing. A minute later, we had a very rare earthquake!

Carole, I'm with you, because the minute I think I'm in control, I find out with a knock in the head that I'm surely not!

Waiting for my cousin to arrive from Texas. Haven't seen her in years, I'm so excited. Making lentil soup, which we eat on new years for good luck. Anyone else have any foods or customs for new years?

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We eat black eyed peas for good luck. It is tradition! Like it or not, can you tell I really do not like dried black eyes. Then boiled cabbage for money in the new year. I do not care for that either, so I fry some bacon, chop some onion and share the onion in the bacon fat as the bacon cooks. Then I add shredded or chopped cabbage, give it a turn, put a lid on it, wait a couple of minutes, turn it again, salt and pepper, lid back on and turn off the heat. Steamed cabbage is so much better than boiled.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

We eat black eyed peas for good luck. It is tradition! Like it or not, can you tell I really do not like dried black eyes. Then boiled cabbage for money in the new year. I do not care for that either, so I fry some bacon, chop some onion and saute the onion in the bacon fat as the bacon cooks. Then I add shredded or chopped cabbage, give it a turn, put a lid on it, wait a couple of minutes, turn it again, salt and pepper, lid back on and turn off the heat. Steamed cabbage is so much better than boiled.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and thanks Amy for your kind words.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  07:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One of my old New Year's traditions was eating pickled Herring. Yesterday not one store in our area or stores in Rockwall 40 miles away had any of it. They all said their shipment did not arrive like it was supposed to. I wanted my pickled herring. Oh well.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  08:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year my dear sisters. We spent a quiet evening in front of the fire watching a movie and occasionally going out on the deck to watch the northern lights. They were spectacular last night, so much better than fire works. I so love a new year. 365 days of a blank book. The possibilities are endless. We will have several changes here this year, some good some difficult but much needed. Oliver will have one more surgery in a few weeks and than hopefully not need another one for a few years. I am so thankful for all my farmgirl sisters, you all have blessed my life so much.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  11:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy Oliver was will be done with surgeries for a while after this one. Hope you can get a good rest on your vacation.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  12:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, When Baylee was one, Wade and Julie invited me to go with them to Wisconsin. While we were there we went exploring and thinking. I bought a metal box? Basket? It has holes all over the bottom and sides. The lady said it was a herring basket. There is no handle.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9600 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9600 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  12:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I love to think about where my cards and letters are going and there some interesting names of the streets and towns to think about.

We didn't ring in the new year. We all just slept through it. I figured it was coming whether or not we stayed up till midnight or not. LOL!

We will be making chicken even though they say you shouldn't eat it on New Years day.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  12:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy new Year everyone here at our wonderful SPG HenHouse! I am looking forward to another year of sharing and fun here together!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Happy New Year! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page