Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  09:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say how honored I am to be a part of the SPG Hen House! It has been a blessing to read all the posts and get to know everyone even better! It is getting busy around here as I know it is for all of you! so I wanted to say you to have a Blessed Christmas Day!

Since I am so slow, I have to start prepping for Christmas dinner Monday, I have a list for every day until Christmas Day! LOL!! I am excited to have family this year, that we have not got to share Christmas with for many years!

Farmgirl Hugs!! Connie
Imagine....#3392

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  09:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to you too Connie, have a wonderful one with everyone and Lily June too!
I am spending my Christmas, and New Years in Washington and am going to be there for their 4th birthday too!

hugs.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  09:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So nice you can have your family with you this year. I am fortunate that my son and his family live 2 miles down the road, and can get together whenever we want; however, my sister and brothers live in California, New York/Florida, and New Mexico, so we don't see each other very often. It is so nice when we can all get together.

Merry Christmas to all my SPG friends!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  6:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, blessed Christmas to you also. I'm glad your family will be there. Count your blessings.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  6:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I am really excited to have My Aunt(who is like a sister to me) and her family and my brother and his wife join us for Lily June's first Christmas! There will be 11 of us.

Farmgirl Hugs! connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  05:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, you said it so perfectly that being in our SPG Henhouse has given us all a chance to get to know a few Farmgirls better. It has been a real blessing! Enjoy your Christmas plans with your family this year. It sounds like it will be a wonderful gathering.

Our two daughters will be here and we are looking forward to seeing them and catching up. We started a new tradition last year that my two girls make a wonderful Christmas day dinner so I don't have to cook. My oldest daughter's husband makes the most awesome smoked pork roast ever! It is delicious. They even raise their own pigs and process them. Then they add mashed potatoes and cooked southern greens from the garden. My youngest likes to make pumpkin pies and so we will enjoy those for dessert. It is supposed to be in the 80s here next week again and a homegrown BBQ sounds like delicious fun to me!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9601 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9601 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  11:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live close to my children except one. We just visited them but it would be nice to have all my children home sometime for a holiday. But we will have 10 here possibly 11. I have been trying to figure out the menu for Christmas eve (we always do seafood) and Christmas day. I hope all my farmsisters have a wonderful and blessed Christmas day! It is fantastic being in the henhouse and getting to know each sister more.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  1:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing your Christmas plans with us :)! Sounds like y'all will have a blessed day. We are going to our youngest daughter's house on Christmas Eve to have our "family" Christmas. Then on Christmas Day we will be with our oldest daughter and her family. Missing our son and his family as they always go to her parents (that is the only time their whole family can get together). Also will be missing our youngest granddaughter and her little family as they are stationed in Alaska this year! This will be their first year away from family.
Merry Christmas sweet farmgirl sister's! You are all such a blessing to me!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  7:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone. Our Christmas will be busy with family. Christmas Eve we will go to our daughters for an early supper of king crab and prime rib, than off to candlelight services, back to Bonnie's for gift opening and snacks. My youngest son and his family will be here also. Christmas Day we will get up early and go up the road with warm caramel rolls and fresh fruit to see if Santa came and ohh and awwww over everything he left, we do this in our Jammie's which the grandkids love. Than we are packing up my 85 year old mother in law and taking her to her oldest sons for Christmas dinner in South Dakota. The kids are going ice fishing after dinner the weather is nice.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  8:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like everyone has plans for a wonderful Christmas celebration with loved ones! My little Pumpkin will be coming home on the 23rd. So looking forward to spending time with her.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 18 2015 8:08:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  8:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow I start out on my trip to Washington. First on the bus at 10:45am to Martinez which is about 5 hours South easterly from me and I get there about 6pmish and have to wait until 10:45 ish to get the train that huggoes up to Washington to the North. I should be in Portland Oregon at about 3:15 pm. Last time I went I didn't get on the train until about 12 midnight. It is a long wait on those benches waiting for the train but worth it and I have food and something to do while waiting. I can hardly wait.
Hugs.

and a very Merry Christmas!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Dec 18 2015 8:35:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  10:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a long trip. What are you taking to work on? Coloring pages? LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  06:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a safe trip Darlene and enjoy your family and holidays!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, Prayers for your trip!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  2:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas everyone! No extended family for us :( But we will still of course have a full house, with just us. Lots to do between now and then!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Merry Christmas!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page