levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  05:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an extremely busy month for us. My gifts are all wrapped so all is fine there. Tomorrow is my son's birthday so I will be baking today. We will be going to see the little girls soon as their birthdays are coming up. A few days apart so they celebrate together. We will get the tree up tomorrow and decorate it the 4th. Tradition.
What does everyone else have planned?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  05:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ho, Ho, Ho at Denise's house! I love that you are so organized and on top of the holiday season. Inspiring!! I set up a small Advent Space this past Sunday and have been knitting as fast as I can on presents that were requested this year. With 80 degree temps, it doesn't feel like time to put up the tree yet. Soon, I hope!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  08:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starting our the month with Lily June! I have her little tree finished! I have my mantel decorated and my nativity done! Going to put up my tree this weekend. I hope!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  08:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My tree is up but not decorated. I'm trying to finish 2 quilt tops so I can get them to the Longarm quilter to get done for Christmas presents. Making Ed a stocking today and wrapping swap presents and gifts that need to be mailed this week before I leave for a week long cruise!! Wheeeeee!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  08:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise - my oldest son's birthday is tomorrow!!!

This December, we are celebrating with Melk the Monkey... I'll try to update my blog soon on that! We decorated on "Black Friday" as we do every year. Right now my hubby and the children, except Emi, are on a field trip to the local monastery looking at creches from around the world. Normally in December we go to the zoo, the live Nativity, and the Festival of Lights. Hopefully we will still make it to all of those this year, as it is our last Christmas here, if all goes according to plan!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  10:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy December! Love this time of year!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  12:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, that is great we have birthday twins! Sounds like you have a busy month ahead too. Aw and this will be Emi's first Christmas!

Linda and Winnie you both sound pretty busy at those gifts! Love that are making things to give!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  12:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too Carole! Even though it is busy I still love it all!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  3:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our tree is up, no decorations yet. I have been faithfully watering it. Today I felt better and made gift cards for the granddaughters who are doing their after Christmas shopping tomorrow. Each year we give some $ and they get new shoes and or clothes
For the cold months. They will return their purchases to me, I will " wrap" them, and put them under their tree. That way if they need something special to wear during the holidays, they borrow it and then put it back under the tree. That may seem silly, but it is easier and better than giving gifts they never wear. I also got two Sonic gift cards today. Subway and Dominos should finish that off. This year I will roll the gift cards and chopsticks, winter gloves, scarves, etc. Into a ball.I have been wanting to do this but have been giving them the shopping money in a fun last gift in the past. In 2012 they each received a photo book of our Disney World adventure that summer. In 2013 they each received a very decked out tissue box(small one). As they looked bewildered I said, "Pull out the first tissue!" And when they did it was followed with a long tail of $1, gift cards, $5, a few $10. It was exciting. Then in 2014 they each received an umbrella. Final gift. Hadlee said they could buy their own umbrellas. I said, "Mine are so very special. And tonight, only, you may open them inside." This was fun, because I had tied fishing line around rolled up $ and taped it to coins then tied the other ends of the lines to the umbrella ribs, being careful to make sure the umbrellas would work. So they had showers of $. These are great memories for them. This year I will use crepe paper streamers to wrap around and around, enclosing small gifts. Who knows hop small or how large the balls will grow. Another fun Christmas eve coming up. Oh yes, when Baylee was ten we got her a cell phone (her first, with her parents permission), I charged it, wrapped it and put it under the tree. She was about two thirds through passing out gifts, when I stepped into the kitchen and punched her new phone # into my phone. What fun as everyone begins to ask, whose phone is that. Where is that ringing coming from. Then she followed the sound to a box with HER name on it. That was one excited kid as she tore into it. Wonderful memories. We were only blessed with one son and two granddaughters and a daughter in law, but at Christmas we enjoy spoiling them a bit.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  3:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

Our tree is up, no decorations yet. I have been faithfully watering it. Today I felt better and made gift cards for the granddaughters who are doing their after Christmas shopping tomorrow. Each year we give some $ and they get new shoes and or clothes
For the cold months. They will return their purchases to me, I will " wrap" them, and put them under their tree. That way if they need something special to wear during the holidays, they borrow it and then put it back under the tree. That may seem silly, but it is easier and better than giving gifts they never wear. I also got two Sonic gift cards today. Subway and Dominos should finish that off. This year I will roll the gift cards and chapsticks, winter gloves, scarves, etc. Into a ball.I have been wanting to do this but have been giving them the shopping money in a fun last gift in the past. In 2012 they each received a photo book of our Disney World adventure that summer. In 2013 they each received a very decked out tissue box(small one). As they looked bewildered I said, "Pull out the first tissue!" And when they did it was followed with a long tail of $1, gift cards, $5, a few $10. It was exciting. Then in 2014 they each received an umbrella. Final gift. Hadlee said they could buy their own umbrellas. I said, "Mine are so very special. And tonight, only, you may open them inside." This was fun, because I had tied fishing line around rolled up $ and taped it to coins then tied the other ends of the lines to the umbrella ribs, being careful to make sure the umbrellas would work. So they had showers of $. These are great memories for them. This year I will use crepe paper streamers to wrap around and around, enclosing small gifts. Who knows hop small or how large the balls will grow. Another fun Christmas eve coming up. Oh yes, when Baylee was ten we got her a cell phone (her first, with her parents permission), I charged it, wrapped it and put it under the tree. She was about two thirds through passing out gifts, when I stepped into the kitchen and punched her new phone # into my phone. What fun as everyone begins to ask, whose phone is that. Where is that ringing coming from. Then she followed the sound to a box with HER name on it. That was one excited kid as she tore into it. Wonderful memories. We were only blessed with one son and two granddaughters and a daughter in law, but at Christmas we enjoy spoiling them a bit.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  9:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah and Ruth's birthday is December 26th.

Happy Birthday month Ruth.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  02:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - those ate some really neat and creative ideas!

Happy Birthday month Ruth :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  08:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One year I gave the grandkids money in new $1 bills and had the binder at work stack the new bills and put binding adhesive on the left short edge. When they used the money they could just peal each bill from the binding. LOL!

I love those ideas, Marilyn!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 02 2015 08:38:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a cute idea Linda!

Well I got my tree in from the garage and now I need to decorate it.
Yes indeedy.

have a good day.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  3:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, you are one creative chick!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9602 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  04:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn what great ideas! Linda that is a wonderful idea too! Thanks for sharing them!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Happy December! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: