levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9439 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9439 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2020 :  6:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, that is a fantastic thing to celebrate. So many wonderful sisters here and I am glad to have gotten to know you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2020 :  5:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at that opening of Disneyland. My dad was the editor of a magazine on our newspaper and he did a story on it. It was a lot of fun.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2020 :  6:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to disneyland, When it had been open about a year. I was 12 almost 13.
Do y'all remember the house of the future? They had nice fridges with a roomy freezer at the top. Then they showed off the frozen boxes of veggies, then they showed us a tv dinner, wow we got educated and entertained too. I remember the snow white ride. It was scarey to me. We rode in a small "cup/car that spun around and crashed through walls...with that scarey witch with a big red apple. I suppose you cooked your tv dinner in a regular oven. It is humbling when I think of all we are blessed with today, compared to what was available back then.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1232 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1232 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2020 :  6:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I was 14 the summer we made it to Disneyland. It was on our way to Mexico. Us kids couldn't have cared less about Mexico, we just wanted to go to Disneyland! I loved that tea cup ride; I spun it so fast my sister got sick. In later years I went there with my husband and made him sick, too. I was expecting that time and stood in the sun in the line for the Matterhorn for two hours to have them tell me I couldn't go on the ride because I was pregnant. It was ok for me to stand in the 90+ heat but not go on the ride. Needless to say I was quite mad.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9439 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9439 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2020 :  04:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Disney World came later on this side of the map. Lol. When my sister and her husband were stationed in Florida they took my brother and I there. My mom went but I don't remember my dad being there. I was about 12 or so. I remember the Small World exhibit and I was fascinated by it.
We took our girls when they were little. Around 4 and 6 and I couldn't believe JT had the patience to wait in line with them for the Dumbo ride.
When my son was about 4 we took them to Universal Studios. He loved that. There were lots of characters there he enjoyed seeing. We took him on this ride with different movies and they had king Kong's face just about come into the car we were riding in. That scared him so he sat on my lap the rest of the ride. But he loved that trip.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4711 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4711 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2020 :  1:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I loved going to Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida. I like Disney World better. Ed and I went to Universal Theme Park in Florida a couple years ago. I Loved the Harry Potter world - it was expensive because you had to get tix to both sides of the theme park to see all of Harry Potter. I'm amazed that families can afford to take their kids with the prices so high; and the food prices, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9439 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9439 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2020 :  2:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went back '91 so Harry Potter wasn't there yet and I'm sure the park wasn't as big as now. I can imagine it must be quite pricey now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1214 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1214 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  06:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been to Disney world 3 times. We have taken the whole family, although we should do that again as there are more grandchildren and we have gone by ourselves. It was so mch fun,

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9439 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9439 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  06:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been to both Disney world and Disneyland? Was wondering if there were big differences between them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2683 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2683 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  07:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary, Judith! I am glad that you are here with us!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2683 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2683 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  07:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Disneyland last spring with my 2 cousins and aunt. My one cousin usually goes once a year. I hadn't been since we took our kids back in 1990! So, a lot had changed! The Snow White ride sounds about the same...the tea cups still make me dizzy. I think my favorite was Soaring Over ...something....the world? I would have gone on that more than once. I remember when we took our 2 kids and how many times my husband rode the Flying Dumbos with our daughter! She wasn't quite tall enough to ride some of the rides and she loved that one. They still laugh about it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  7:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I taught at a small country school, we went to Six Flags over Texas every spring. Our school was over one week before those city kids. So I drove the bus, with my class of second and third graders and the fourth and fifth graders. The other teacher and I were the only adults on the bus. The mammas and dads thought the kids would be too loud so they drove in several cars. One dad loved roller coasters, and the double loop roller coaster. All day long...that was what he did...of course there were a couple of kids who rode with him. But every child rode roller coasters as many times as they wanted. If they were not into those they were with me. We went into the kiddle area for most of the day. Spinning tea cups, air planes etc delighted the little ones. We were young, we had fun, but we slept so good that night when we finally got home, showers taken, prayers said. Such sweet thoughtful people in that little community.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  7:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister is a Disney world addict. She will be 75 in December. She was 11 when we went to Disneyland. As soon as she was grown up and making a good paycheck the vacation each year was to Disney World. As she got overturned were summer trips with grand kids and great grands, then winter trips with a friend. She bought a time share some years ago. I heard her say, " This is the happiest place on earth. " as we departed the shuttle. I felt sorry for her at that moment.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  8:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love all the Flags!
Connie#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2020 :  8:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie if you are speaking of my flags..I love them too. I put some up last year and almost trippled that # this year. I used to put a big flag up each day in a bracket...but the winds were not nice. I finally have up.Now my flags are there every day so I can see the beautiful red, white, and blue!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  1:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today we celebrate. Tillie has not died! Slowly ever so slowly she is coming back this happened four days
Ago. She is still a bit slow, mentally and moving. But she is alive, eating and going out doors to do her business. I've not heard her bark but once. Her ears are up.

Another baby chick hatched this morning. That makes 3 litt!e adventurous ones outside. They have a way out of the pen. Last night on the way back to the pen one found a grasshopper...lots of excitement! The day I discovered those 3 babies and mom out of the nest box, running about on the ground...I moved the eggs to the incubator in our bathroom. There was one dead baby and one that had just hatched, still so wet. I thought I had saved his life, but that evening he died. Then a black baby hatched. He was so cute and when he was two days old I took him out to his mommy. Now she had four! He escaped with the other three. But the second evening I could hear him peeping, kept searching, but somehow he got around the snake barrier, through two different wire enclosures to land himself in the bantum pen. The four roosters ignored him But the four hens attacked him. Poor sweet baby. Then I reminded myself of of why I said, two years ago, that I never wanted this role again. I thought about unplugging the incubator. But I could not play God. Then about 36 hours later new peeps, because a new black baby hatched out. Now we had one Easter eggs hatch yesterday and another this morning. There are still quite a few eggs. Do I have The patience to wait almost two more weeks...We shall see!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 22 2020 1:43:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1232 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1232 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  1:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- you can do it, you had the patience to get this far. We never incubated the eggs--we let the hens do that. It seemed we always had at least one broody hen who enjoyed motherhood. I used to like tossing tomato worms into the chicken pen and watching them run around trying to grab it from each other. Cheep thrills.
My son the engineer built a fancy chicken palace with a time lock on the door. It automatically opens in the morning and closes in the evening. The chickens have learned to get home before it closes. Keeps them safe from the coyotes at night.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2020 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith...the mamma hen was such a sweetie. But when the first 3 babies fled the nest she had to follow and protect them. Since her friends were so generous, laying in her nest space for several days. I had blocked the entrance to her nest box with chicken wire. Some how she escaped...but when I left it open...she went back...and so did the others. Soon the nest of 7 eggs grew.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2020 :  8:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ladies if you love the red white and blue, if you love America, please put your flag out...and leave it until election day... November 3, 2020. We have been asked to do this to show our patriotism. And thank you!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 24 2020 8:33:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2020 :  8:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We now have four baby chicks in a tub with a light, food and water and hardware cloth
( A towel is over the hardware cloth). They have hatched in the incubator.one day at a time!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9439 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  03:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now all have hatched Marilyn? New peeps are always so cute and fun! We used to hatch ours in the incubator but we have pretty much given that up.
We keep our flag out year round except for when the weather is bad. There are not too many around that we see. Sometimes they are out for holidays. Mostly just 4th of July.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  04:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are more eggs in the incubator...8 more to go. I cleaned out the bits of shell, removed those waiting to watch and washed out the incubator, put in great warm water, the hatching tray and returned the eggs in waiting. Very quick?y the temp.returned to 38°. About 4:30 am I heard pecking, so we shall see! The first three are so cute. They don't care about feed from town...they are so busy scratching and eating the treasures they find.they have already grown and feathered out pretty good. Yesterday they went out alone...I thought my husband let all the hens out...But he said I never told him. I said that when he went out there twice to feed his roosters, I thought that surely he would have noticed the hens were still penned. Oh well the Banty roo must like the little ones beached he was right there, when I went out to feed scratch and see that they came home safely. Today I will try to get out early and open the three pens.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  10:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't get out but I have my little flags in my window.
I need to put some more there.

Your chickens sound adorable Marilyn.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  12:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good Darlene and Denise.
Can you tell your friends.. . take a photo of your flag and post It then send it to everyone you know.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jul 25 2020 12:10:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2020 :  1:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will,
Thanks
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 45 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Everyday is a Celebration Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page