levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9451 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9451 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  4:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they know yet what caused him to pass out. He is in my prayers.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  4:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They haven't said anything yet. He hasn't taken care of himself for several years, he doesn't eat healthy, and is in deep depression. Hopefully they will find something out.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  5:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
,I hope everything with him will be alright soon! It is good she followed through on calling for help!
You take care too Linda!

Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  5:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for your brother and for you, too, Linda. Hugs to you.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1232 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1232 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  6:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thoughts for your brother Linda. His ex may not get any information but once she visits him, as a doctor she can see for herself what his condition is.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  7:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sweet friends for the lovely cards and the get well wishes. You have really brightened my days!
I am better! At least I feel good until I stand up and begin to move about. But God is so faithful and good. I'm hopeful that the pain in my ribs will stop, and the back pain too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2022 :  8:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I am glad your better!
Love you, take care, be careful!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9451 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9451 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2022 :  04:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you are doing better Marilyn. Don't do too much too fast. Just heal up.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2022 :  08:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So glad you are feeling better, Marilyn! Just take it easy and slow and all will be well.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2022 :  07:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your prayers. My brother is still in the hospital - I spoke with him yesterday afternoon. Because of his lack of muscle tone they figure he was laying on the floor for 1-2 days, possibly almost 3. He had not been eating or drinking before that. He is an alcoholic, and has also been in deep depression. Please continue your prayers.

On another note, we are going to be grandparents again. Prayers are requested here, too. My DIL, Ed's son's wife, is 48, and has been going through the ending stages of menopause. The doctor had recently taken her off BC pills because she said there was no way she would get pregnant. Well, she IS pregnant, so the doctor was wrong! They did a blood test first, then on Wednesday they did a sonogram, which he sent us a picture of and the heartbeat is strong. The doctor said the baby is a little over 2 months along and they set the due date as Feb 18. However, due to her age, this is considered a high risk pregnancy and they will probably induce early. We are praying that she can carry the baby to term. Their daughter was over 10 pounds at birth and it was a hard pregnancy and that was when she was 28. Prayers requested for a safe and healthy pregnancy.

When they told their daughter the news - they call and/or facetime with their daughter almost every day - they said they wish they had taken a picture of her expression; she was laughing and crying at the same time and her comment was - I can't leave you two alone at all, can I? They said they had to laugh.

I am looking forward to a little one. I told them that they know that they don't give babies to old people because they put them down and forget where they left them. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 30 2023 10:31:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3509 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3509 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2022 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, so glad to hear that you are better! Joining the others for taking it easy and resting!

Linda, I am sorry to hear about your brother's condition. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. But what fun new that your DIL is going to have a surprise baby next February!! It'a arrival will certainly be a life changer!! I wish her all the best these next 7 months for a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Guess it is time for you to make a baby quilt!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9451 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9451 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2022 :  10:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, prayers for your brother.
Congratulations to you and on bei g grandparents again! Will keep your DIL and wee one in prayer.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2022 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda praying for you, your brothers health, and hope his healing is quick and he is able to stay healed in his mind and body.
Congratulations For being a new grandma again.
Take care everybody.
Love you all.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2022 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for all! And hugs to you, Linda!! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9451 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9451 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  06:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, continued prayers for your brother and for your travels!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  1:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as I posted in the July thread, we did not get to Albuquerque today. Hopefully will leave in around 6-7 days. We are in COVID quarantine because a friend we saw yesterday tested positive this morning.

We have a lot to do there - his house needs a major cleaning, his AC and Swamp Cooler are not working, his refrigerator is dead, and the yard is overgrown. My brother really needs to sell his house - maybe ASIS - he hates his house, he tells all three of us that every time he talks to us; he hates Albuquerque even more, again, we hear it all the time; he refuses to listen to all suggestions of places to go; he is alone with no family there. Right now he cannot get up by himself or walk - he is too weak. I am not looking forward to this.

Please keep the prayers coming.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 20 2022 5:02:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh, Linda, you do need our prayers.
So does your brother.
Well I just read about the new
Grand baby. Prayers for mom and dad and the baby...also
For the 20 year old auntie.
That is exciting news.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  11:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Linda I am so very sorry to hear this.
My prayers go with you and and your brother.
Dumb Covid!
Stay well!
Blessings and prayers
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  5:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: My brother was transferred to a rehab center this afternoon. Hopefully, they will get him stronger, healthier, and mobile, which is what he really needs. He says the food at the hospital tastes like cardboard, and hopefully the rehab center will have better food.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  6:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i probably would guess from being in a couple of rehab centers that the food will be close to the same. They will allow food to be brought in, at least they did at both rehabs I was in. It will be easier with less Covid problems. So maybe he can order out. depending on what restraunts are around him.
It will really encourage eating. And if they do like mine did if he wants to eat soup or salads tell him to order early.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  6:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll let him know.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  7:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your welcome!
Take care ok!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3509 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3509 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2022 :  4:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, it will be good for your brother to be in rehab where the focus will be on getting him up and stronger and able to take care of his daily personal needs. It sounds like a good place for him right now plus they can keep a watch on his symptoms and get him medical care if needed. I hope this will be positive for him and you too!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4713 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4713 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2022 :  5:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He is in rehab now and hopefully will do what they say with his OT and PT sessions. He needs to build up his strength. His ex-wife thinks he should come back to Texas with us when he is released in a couple weeks. I was thinking he'd need more than 2 weeks. The doctor at the rehab was going to see him today, and my brother's ex-wife was there and met the doctor. She told him some of Roy's background of depression and the doctor said he was very familiar with depression like his.

My sister and her husband, my brother and his girlfriend, and me and Ed were on a Zoom call this afternoon. We all are on the same page regarding my brother. During the call, my brother's ex went to see him at rehab and took clothes and other items and she called us to update us so i held my phone up and everyone could hear what she said. Then, after she left, my brother called my other brother and we all heard what he said. He sounds a lot better than in conversations the last 2 years with all three of us. Hopefully that will remain the same when Ed and I get there.

My brother did say he hadn't had a drink in 4 weeks, and that was before his week in the hospital and now in Rehab. Hopefully that will remain the norm. If he does come here, we don't drink (well, I have a glass of wine once in a while and may order a drink if eating out, but not often); Ed doesn't drink at all. We had suggested that we bring him out here on July 8th when I called to wish him happy birthday, and for the first time in a long time he actually said it might be an idea. He was usually super negative. At least he would eat regularly here, and hopefully we could get him to walk outside with us to further build up his strength. I'm a bit apprehensive since this last episode, but we'll have to see when we get there early next week. my brother can not go home becuase is house currently has no AC or Sump Pump and the refrigerator is not working; Ed is going to look at them and see if he can fix one of them.

Thanks again for your prayers and please keep them coming.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 22 2022 5:18:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6059 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6059 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2022 :  6:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers continue Linda and hoping they keep him busy while he is in there.
Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Prayer Round up! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page