Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane! Next Topic
Page: of 2

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  3:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody remember that song? I love the memories it brings back and also the memories it is going to create.

A couple of years ago on the barter board our Mama Hen posted a barter for a pair of red crocs she had but couldn't wear. They were my size and she said she collected old samplers. Well I had one I had found at the thrift store and it called out to me, even though it wasn't my taste and I never hung it in my house. But it was meant for Debbie so off it went to live with her and through that barter and a few swaps and an invitation to join a hen house, we have become very good friends. We talk often, send notes and little smiles and email at least weekly. And many times I have heard her say meeting me and another special farm girl were on her bucket list. Well as her year has been one thing after another with her shoulder surgery and than her foot I decided a surprise was just what the doctor ordered. It also helped that I found a smokin good deal on a flight. With the help of the 2 men in Debbie's life we agreed on a date, I booked a flight and in exactly 1 month from today, I will be sitting on Tom and Debbie Fischer's deck looking at Pikes Peak enjoying a glass of wine with not only Tom and Debbie but with our dear Sherry too, who so graciously agreed to join us. There will be so much laughter for 4 days and I am so stinkin' excited to meet a couple of great ladies! So Miss Debbie mark your calendar in ink because I fly into Colorado Springs September 4th at 12:30 and need a ride from the airport! (Tom says you will be there with bells on) somehow I don't doubt it! I even get to meet our farm boy Kent at the Denver airport on Sunday on my layover, what a great trip this will be!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie...Oh, that is such a Great Treat for Debbie...and I am so happy that Sherry is going to join you too.
What a Wonderful thing to do...as Debbie really has had a difficult year...and needs some laughter and girlfriend
Fun. I can see you girls laughing and giggling late into each evening and going and doing lots of fun things
in those four days. You will all need a Vacation to recover from all the fun you are going to have.

Happy For You All!!!
Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I am doing the "Happy Dance" for all of you :)! Oh my goodness, what fun you will have. It is beautiful in Debbie's part of the country, lots to see and do, or maybe just "Be" and enjoy!
No matter what is on the agenda, I know the three of you will have a ball! Take lots and lots of photos please :)!
Debbie, What an awesome surprise for you!! Glad you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy. In the meantime, stay safe, and behave, please.
Hugs
Ruthie

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am in shock and crying big crocodile tears, what a lovely and wonderful surprise!
When the email alert came about a post in the HenHouse, "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane, I was trying to figure out who was going on a trip, then I read Julie's post. First I had to talk to my hubby and son, I can not believe they were able to keep such a secret so I could have this fabulous surprise. Now, y'all know I could not keep a secret!
I will be counting the days until I will meet you Sherry and Julie and yes now I can cross 2 very special farmgirls names off my bucket list. Oh the fun we will have. Lots of pictures will be taken too.

I have been Blessed to meet Rain, Tammy and Ruth already, in fact I have seen Ruth and Tammy twice. This will make a total of 5 farmgirl sisters. Oh who will I meet next, guess we will see.
See you two in a month, and thank you for making it possible for us to meet for some farmgirl fun and relaxation.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 04 2014 5:50:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  05:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay for Leaving on an airplane! This is fantastic, Julie, that you were able to plan this fun surprise vista to see Debbie! Oh, I am so happy for all of you and this visit is going to be EPIC!! Can't wait for photos and updates on all of the adventures. Porch sitting together on Debbie's porch with her view is going to be wonderful!!

I completely understand the keen want to go and visit the Farmgirls with whom you have made friends here on the MJF connection and specifically at the Hen House. There are many Farmgirls I would love to visit so much in person. If a pile of money fell in my lap this year, I would make it a point to buy plane tickets and go around the US and meet in person all of the wonderful people I have met too.

Thanks for sharing this exciting news and I am looking forward to hearing more!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  06:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, you will be able to see the sweet little Sampler hanging on my wall when you come, everytime I walk by it I think of you. And I have a red, white and blue pillow that says Blessed in Colorado and my Sisterhood number that Sherry made me a couple of years ago, it sits in my chair in my sewing/craft room, I see it everyday and think of Sherry. Truly I have so many wonderful heartfelt gifts from all of my Sisters that hold special memories for me, I hold on and cherish each one.
I love making wonderful, happy and memories with all of you in the HenHouse and I know there will be many more to come.
Have a beautiful day every one, I have PT this morning and errands in town so I will check in with all of you later. I have to get in shape for the girls so nothing will stop the fun we will have:-)
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9580 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9580 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  09:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh so happy for you all to be able to get together and have some fun times and make great memories!!
Wishing you Sherry and Julie safe travels! Hope you will share some pictures with us of you three together.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  10:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is just so nice. Wish I could be there but will be excited to hear all about it. Well you know, would rather be there.
Nancy JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  10:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish all of you could be there Nancy., wouldn't we rock the rafters with our laughter! Debbie, I am so excited, Sherry and I have several crafts planned and I can't wait to try a gluten free meal. I wish my butt looked as good as the girlfriends in your picture, if it did I would suggest a picture of us like that. The countdown continues.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Linda
Kansas
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  06:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You ladies will have so much fun!! Can't wait for pics!

Blessings,
Linda

Blessings, Linda Always a ranch and farmgirl in my heart! Romans 8:28
http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  6:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Julie that is so awesome what a wonderful trip that is going to be.

you all have a grand time together and I will be waiting to see the pictures.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  12:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie and Sherry, Debbie shared this exciting news with me in one of our phone chats the last couple days. She is so excited for your visit, and was just so very surprised! I know you will have as much fun as I did visiting Debbie...she is such a wonderful hostess and tour guide, and we had the best time together. I have been lucky enough to spend two visits with Debbie and to meet lovely Ruth and spend time with her too. We will all be waiting for stories and lots and lots of photos :)

Hugs,

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2014 :  06:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are here! Hurray, we will post pictures later.
Julie first flight out was cancelled due to maintence then when whe did get on a flight it had maintence problem, but she arrived safely at 6pm our time. So, all is good.
Sherry, Julie and I will post picture soon,
Have a beautiful weekend and Be Happy everyone.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  2:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,
What a whirl wind few days! Our mama hen is just as wonderful as we all knew she would be. And our sweet Sherry is so much fun to spend time with. I had a fabulous time and can't wait to post a few pictures. We crafted, laughed, shopped a bit, did a bit of sight seeing and made the most of every minute we had. I have only been home a few hours, but have laundry started and need to get to the field, so stay tuned for pictures tomorrow.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Sep 07 2014 2:24:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  2:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my Chickies~

As Julie has said we had a fabulous Scattered Prairie Gals Gathering and so much fun.

Both Julie and Sherry were exactly the farmgirls I knew they would be, so sweet, happy, true blue farmgirls and they sound just the same in person as they do on the phone. Sherry has that sweet southern accent and yes Julie you do have a North Dakota accent, and I love you both. I am so honored that you thought enough of me to travel almost 1000 miles each to meet me and I look forward to our next visit togehter.

We also had another special houseguest, Sherry's hubby Mark, my Tom was happy to have him here, you know our men can only take so much of HenHouse Chatter:-) Mark is truly a southern gentleman and we were happy to have him in our home as well.

Enjoy the picture of all of us and the 3 of us will post more later.

Now I am off to rest:-)

Here is a picture of all of us at Sherry's Birthday celebration. Left to right, Mark, Sherry, Julie, Debbie and Tom.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  2:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And we were able to meet up with my Dear Friend Marilyn (MountainMama) so the gals could meet her. Left to right Julie, Marilyn, Debbie and Sherry.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6089 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6089 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  6:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh how special it is to see you all together!
I am so happy for you and I know you are all having a ball!
I can hardly wait to see more fun pictures.

Blessings and love

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  6:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures girls! I know you all had a great time because I got to chat with ALL of you!!!! That time just flew by didn't it? I loved Bucksnort when I was there...I'm going to have to find my picture and post it. Marilyn has short hair...LOL So glad you had the chance for such a fun get-together...I was there in spirit :)

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you Girls Had FUN!!!!

Loved seeing the pictures!!!

Now you ALL better rest up this week...cuz having
oodles of FUN can be tiring at Our Age!! LOL

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 07 2014 8:48:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  04:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a banner weekend you all had! Being able to spend time with someone who has always just been a virtual friend is indeed very special. I wish all of us lived close enough to have gatherings where we could spend an afternoon together. It would be one energy filled room!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  06:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buck Snort was so much fun, as was supper in Cripple Creek. I will post a picture of mama hen under the Red Rooster sign. That little pub had chickens everywhere. Tammy you were with us in spirit and it was so much fun to get the texts and phone call from you. Winnie thank you for the coffee (it is wonderful!) and the apple cozy. What a great greeting when we got to Debbie's. Peggy, no rest here, I was home all of 2 hours yesterday and than out driving grain truck until dark. You are only as old as you feel, somedays I am really old and somedays I am a teenager. Will post pictures soon.

Hugs to all
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  07:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girls, I have to start by thanking all of you for the wonderful birthday gifts, cards and wishes that I received. Debbie just kept pulling things out of her hat. The weekend was wonderful, I did not want to leave. When Debbie said Colorado is a beautiful place to live she means it. And yes she is a wonderful tour guide. So much history. Loved every minute Mark and I spent with Debbie and Tom and Julie,, and of course Heidi, Bella and Holly. There was nothing like the true farmgirl spirit that was shared over this weekend.
Every time one of us would go to the bedroom, here would come another gift for the other two. So much fun. And thank you Tom for taking time to visit with Mark and making us feel so at home. More later I have to get my mountain of laundry started. Love to all
Will try and get my pictures on the computer to night and get some posted.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is our ribbon doll project. By the time we were done we had miles of ribbon every where. It was so much fun and Thank You Sherry for your expertise and supplying the paper dolls for us. Thankfully the men were just happy to sit and visit with us and roll their eyes every once in awhile.

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Sep 10 2014 09:03:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  09:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is one of my favorite pictures, what fun we were having, wait until you see my ribbon doll. She is not quite finished, she needs a few more little embellishments.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  11:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you girls are so cute! I'm dying laughing that the guys are actually sitting there while you are crafting...LOL My Dave would rather chew off his own arm than watch me craft...bahahaha!!!
You must post pictures of your finished ribbon dolls!

Hugs,

Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2014 :  11:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were actually resting, they had just spent an hour moving HUGH rocks around the property, they were having something cold to drink before they headed out again.
Wish I would have gotten pictures of that!
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Sep 10 2014 11:20:19 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page