Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  07:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Scattered Prairie Gals Farmgirls~ I posted this on the regular connection but wanted to share it with you here. Yesterday I finished making the clothespin apron from MaryJane's Idea book pages 216-217. Very simple to make and would be a cute gift as well. I added the embroidery for fun but not part of the pattern. For those of you who do glamping, the new glamp fabrics would make a darling skirt for someone because they could use it to put useful tools or things they need as they set up camp and get organized. This pattern is a one size fits all which also is useful for generalized gift making.

Anyone else made this before? I can't wait to start using mine.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6092 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6092 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  09:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Winnie

That is so cute, and it looks easy to make, my speed.
Thanks for sharing it.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  09:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cute Winnie, this would be a perfect for a garden apron to keep by the back door. Love the big pocket!

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  6:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love it! Only wish I still had my clothes line :(! Need to see about getting one of those round ones. Anyone have one of those, if so, do you like it? I have always had the straight lines, either between trees or poles.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  05:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth, my backyard is small so this year I purchased one of those umbrella round clotheslines. It works pretty good, but I must say the one from Lowe's is kinda cheaply made. That being said, it has been working OK. The one main problem is for big things like sheets and blankets. They are too long and heavy to hang right. Depending on what your needs are at this time, a traditional straight line would be the best to meet a variety of laundry needs but for clothes, the umbrella will be fine. One problem I have noticed is that the plastic rungs stretch easily with heavy items like jeans and you have to keep tightening the lines up to keep things from hitting the ground. I hope this helps. Let us know what you work out!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  5:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, Thanks for your input! Dave said today, that we can string the line between two trees, like we had, before one tree died :(! I had it on a Pully so I could reach the line. We are in the Mountains, and don't have a flat spot anywhere on our 2 acres. The backyard is mostly woods, but I do get sun where the clothesline will go. I am sooooooo excited to have my clothes line back :)! Now just to get it up - maybe tomorrow. Then we are going to have rain for the next 5 days, but that keeps the temps down :)! love that.
It has been absolutely gorgeous the last 3 days - feels like early Fall! We took the VW Thing into Blue Ridge tonight, had to go to Home Depot, then to Dairy Queen (Bad, bad us - but it was so good)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  05:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth~ I love, love, love Blue Ridge, Ga.!!!! And Mercier Apple Orchards! My best friend lives in Ga.(Warner Robbins at present) but she is from Kennesaw and we have spent many a fall visiting her mom and sister and and driving around north Georgia. Ahhhh, the beauty makes me homesick for the Blue Ridge Mts. One year, she and I took the Blue Ridge Train ride over the border to Tennessee in late September in the open air car. It was fabulous and cool and breezy!! We also spent a year in the B&B there doing a girls weekend with her sister and shopped and made the rounds to all the apple barns. Here I am picking' at Merciers three years ago. Of course my iPhone only posts the photos goofy. It is correct on my phone and computer file but only posts here weird. Anyway, look familiar?

So, how far do you live from Blue Ridge and Merciers? Do you have apples on your property? Sigh. Just a bit of heaven in that part of the world, I think! There used to be this Amish store that sold food items in Blue Ridge , cheese,meat, and then a room of crafted wares. It is part of a row of relatively new stores in a small strip mall. Is it still there?

I think your idea for a new clothesline sounds perfect with that pulley system and now, you can make yourself a clothespin apron. Since you live in apple country, maybe find some cute apple fabric to use? It would be adorable!!

Keep us posted on your project. Ahh, hanging clothes out in the cool mountain breezes!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

243 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
243 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  07:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Winnie, that is super cute, thanks for sharing, Ill have to look that one up!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9587 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9587 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  09:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New glamping fabric? Hadn't heard about it yet.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4114 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4114 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  07:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a sweet clothes pin apron Winnie, I love it! I have a vintage one that I found in Germany years and years ago and I treasure it.
I hope you are enjoying your visit to Glacier National Park, where do you head from there?
Have fun and safe travels.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  3:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now in Sandpoint Idaho waiting for my Farmgirl friend , Kellie, (accordion to Kellie) to visit me here at the Lodge! Whoop ! Farmgirls unite!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  5:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I just saw your post about Blue Ridge :)! We live about 7 miles from Mercier's Orchard, and frequent it! We have to go by on our way into town, so we pass it regularly. Have you been since they changed the entrance??? Makes it sooo much better, but people still stop to turn into where the old entrance was. Just yesterday, someone from TN turned into the exit only, thank goodness no one was there! The Amish store is owned by friends of ours, yes it is still there. We are going by tomorrow to get some ham and their green onion cheese for sandwiches. They have a lady that bakes there, not sure if it is just on Friday and Saturday or all week. The first lady that baked there was "Happy" her real name! She made the best cinnamon rolls, of my goodness. She lives in Murphy, NC and has about 11 kids. Think she started just baking for the Farmers Market locally.
Dave and I worked on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway early on, he was a Conductor and I was a car host, mostly on the open air cars. Wouldn't it be funny if I had been your "hostess"?
Hope you are having fun on your trip!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Clothespin Apron Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page