Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  07:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try and write down everyday what went on. But looking at my notebook I thought- hey, why not make the cover look pretty . So I did.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  11:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo...I loved your decorated Journal Idea so much...I think we should ask Mama Hen if we can do a
Decorated Journal and pen swap. What do you think????

We could do it for Summer, or Fourth of July, or Gardening, Or Crafting or Whatever. And when we sign
up we just put down which kind of Journal we would like to receive and what our favorite ink color is for the pen. HOW DOES THAT SOUND???

OK...I'M OFF TO EMAIL HER. LOL

HUGS AND SMILES,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 28 2014 11:54:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  12:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a nice idea Peggy.

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  12:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo, That is so sweet! I think you did a great job!
I'm with you girls on doing a Decorated Journal swap. I would love lessons from Tammy!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4117 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4117 Posts

Posted - May 28 2014 :  12:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gals~

I am back (yesterday), missed all of you. I have a lot to tell you but will have to catch up later, right now I am nursing a hairline/sprain fracture (right foot and ankle), very swollen, painful etc. sooooooooooooooooooooo! It happened on Saturday during vacation at the lake with the family of course, rough trip coming home, will tell you all about it later. Other than an injured ankle graduation was fabulous and spending time with the Fischer family was wonderful, we had a fun time.

August looks good for the journal and pen swap as June and July are already spoken for. Y'all can pick your theme or however you wish to do, more later and we can talk about it when I have a chance to catch up with Peggy and her ideas.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 29 2014 12:17:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  10:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo, your journal is very cute...you did a great decorating job. Ruth, I would be happy to give you a lesson on my altered composition books. I have made and sold quite a few, in many different themes. If you tell me what theme you would like, I could make one for you and you could use it as a sort of template :)

DEBBIE, I think we need to wrap you in bubble wrap and keep you in a padded room!!!! My gosh, I can't believe you broke your foot/ankle on your trip! I'm glad your trip was fun in spite of that. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4117 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4117 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  12:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thankful that I was the only one hurt as there were 12 of us Fischers ranging in ages two - sixty three, I sure would not have wanted anyone of my nieces or nephews hurts. But, we were all having fun at the lake when the accident happened, and we were all able to laugh about it (later) and we sure have a story to tell the rest of the family.
More later under Front Porch.
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  3:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy my crafty friend makes awesome journals.
Nancy I love your journal. As my sisters know I am a journal addict.

Debbie you broke your ankle and foot. Ooooouuuccccchhhh! Oh my sister I sure will be keeping you in my prayers. But I also want to here about the vacation.
I know about vacation that end with bump, bruises, I once stepped on a piece of glass. Whoo. That hurt. But I have been blessed not to have broken anything.Giving you a big HUG.

HUGS Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  3:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoohoo were doing a journal and pen swap, doing the Happy Dance! Dodododooo! You all know me! I love them.

Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, I would love to see one of your journals and altered books. So much fun to work with paper.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4117 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4117 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo, I have 5 of Tammy's books she made me for different occassions, I will take pictures for you later today and post them for you. They are fabulous!
Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You ladies are too kind! Marlee you are quite the paper artist too my friend! You have made me some wonderful things! Nancy Jo, are you on Pinterest? I have a whole board with photos of my altered art books. If not, Debbie says she will post pictures later today :) I love making these books for my friends! Nancy Jo, maybe you will be next...heh heh!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy,
I visit that site but then how do I find you? I would love to see them.

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  09:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo, these are some images (don't know why they turned out upside down...grrrr) of a book I made for Marlee last year when I was her secret sister. I had so much fun making this book for her!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2014/05/IMG_0741.JPG[/IMG

Edited by - tammyc on May 30 2014 09:26:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  09:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Jo, I am on Pinterest as Tammy Cummings. Search Pinners for my name. There should be a photo of me with my son and daughter. Let me know if you find me :)

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  09:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, you are so creative, I love them. Debbie look forward to seeing the ones Tammy made you. I will have to give this a try.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4117 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4117 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Nancy Jo, here are pictures of 4 of the 6 fabulous books Tammy made me, I could not reach my Halloween or Easter Book. The ones pictured are Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day and 4th of July. As you can see they are not journals at all but wonderful memory books of vintage postcards, hankies and so much more. I treasure each and everyone Tammy has made for me, they are all so special and I could never nor would I ever try to make one. Tammy puts so much care, heart and love into her books to make them very special and unique for whomever she is making them for and whatever occasion. She made one for my very Dear Friend who lives in Savannah and is a Cancer Survivor, Les loves the beach, flamingos and anything related to the beach and Savannah and she loved the book Tammy made her. I also had her make one for Joan when her first granddaughter Hannah was born, and Joan could not believe it, she too loved hers.
I would much rather pay Tammy to make her very special books for my friends and family then go to the store and buy something that would not have nearly as much meaning, as it means more and it is more special. I display mine year round as they are just too pretty to hide away and I love showing them off, so again Ms. Tammy Thank you.

So, on that note these are not what we are making for the Decorated Journal and Pen swap. We are using Composition Books or Spiral Notebooks (that you can pick up at the Dollar Store or Walmart for about $1.00) and decorating the fronts, similar to the wonderful ones Joan made all of us that we are able to write in. It can take Tammy days and sometimes weeks to make her books as there is so much work in them. Ours will be more simple more like something I can make and hope I can make it worthy of all of you. Gosh knows I am not talented when it comes to this kind of craft, knitting or crocheting that is where I can shine:-)

There will be more on the Decorated Journal and Pen Swap later as it will be our August Swap.

Enjoy the pictures.

Hugs, Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 01 2014 3:14:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  5:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, thanks for showing me Tammy's journals. Tammy they are wonderful. How creative, and what a nice gift. I can tell that Debbie loves them. I really should try and make one.
Nancy Jo

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  9:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, thanks for posting the great photos of my books! I don't always remember to take pictures of them, so it's great to see the reminders. Makes me want to start another 4th of July book!! I don't think you have a birthday book....hmmmm :)

Thanks Nancy Jo for the kind words. I would love to see what you make...I'm sure it would be great!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  4:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG love that book. I have it on my desk. Everyone that see's it compliments it. It is so awesome, and so totally me. And I have Tammy to thank for it!

Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  5:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been blessed with two of Tammy's Amazing Creations too. One a Christmas
Book and One an Easter Book and then she did an adorable Scotty Terrier Journal
For me too.

Tammy you don't call your books journals do you? Because a journal is something
You write in. I hope we don't have to compete with your fabulousness. LOL
I had up-cycled Journal on my mind when I suggested this Swap...not Creative
GENIUS! LOL

I would post pictures of Tammy's Books but I'm on my tablet at BnN.

Hugs Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6095 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6095 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  8:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow those are nice journals.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  3:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like a rotten SPG...I was suppose to mail out the journals for all the newcomers and I totally forgot. I'm so sorry but I promise it will be done!
Please don't be upset with me anyone :/

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  3:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tammy, your work on the journals are absolutely beautiful. You are very talented and I did enjoy/love the one you made for my Hannah from Debbie's request. You are all such sweet SPG's.

Joan Nordquist
Independent Consultant, Origami Owl
Tell your story with jewelry!
http://nordquist.origamiowl.com

A Life Without a Friend is a Life Without Sun.
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4117 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4117 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  4:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joan, do not worry about the journals as you have had other things on your mind with being sick and with Laura, please do not worry about this.

Ladies, Tammy's books are not journals as you can not write in them, they to me are memory books with vintage treasures added in, vintage hankies, postcards and whatever vintage treasures Tammy finds to make it appropiate for the occasion. I look at mine all the time and each time I find yet another hidden treasures.

This is what I love about our HenHouse and all of you, all of us have hidden talents, ideas and so much love and care is put in everything you do. I treasure each homemade gift I receive from each of you, they all have meaning and were made for me.

Just got home from Physical Therapy so I need to think about supper, which hubby will fix, he just does not know it yet:-)

Have a beautiful everyone Chickies.

Hugs,
Debbie

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  4:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all so much for the kind words about my altered art books. They truly are a labor of love. Peggy and Debbie, you are so right...these books are definitely not what I would call "journals". The Scotty Terrier book I made Peggy from a composition book is my idea of a journal, which is something you can write in, filled with empty pages.....etc.
Joan made me a lovely journal which I use for many types of notes, recipes, etc. And Marlee has made me some beautiful books, all different and wonderful. Then, there is Sherry's lovely and unique
Tag Book. Lots of talented paper crafters here in SPG.

No worries Peggy, I know exactly what you have in mind for a journal swap....LOL. It will be great to see everyone's different styles and ideas :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Decorated my Journal Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page