levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9611 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9611 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have one of these? Thinking about getting one but I don't really have a clue as to which one, etc.
I'd appreciate any and all input.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugloveslilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  7:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denise! I have the Cricut Expressions. I have had it 2 years . And I love it. My sister found on at a garage sale and older one . She paid 100.00 and she loves it.
I guess if you want to pack it around the one I have is easy. You will love it. Hugs Marlee
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  8:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denise,
I respectfully disagree, and unless you can get a killer good deal on the Cricut, I would go for a Silhouette Cameo, or any of the smaller models. I own both, and wish I had never bought the Cricut. It is louder, slower, and depends on cartridges for designs that are expensive and clunky to store and use, where the Silhouette is fast, efficient, quieter, and has an entire library of designs that can be directly downloaded, altered in endless ways, combined, and cut out of paper, fabric, vinyl, adhesive backed cardstock, chipboard, etc.

I have owned the top end Cricut for several years, and the Silhouette for 2 years now, and I am totally in love with the Silhouette to the point where I haven't touched the Cricut for close to 2 years. There are also a ton of classes online at (www.jessicasprague.com) or Kerri Bradford's site, and the Silhouette home site does a free shape of the week if you subscribe to their newsletter. Right now there is a major sale going on for black Friday, on the equipment, the supplies, and also all the shapes are 50-70% off. Check it out! And seriously don't take my word for it, just do an online comparison Google search for Cricut vs. Silhouette.
take care,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9611 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9611 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2013 :  2:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks! I am thinking about the Cuttlebug (sp?) I think it is. I don't see me spending a lot of money or a lot time using this but it would be nice for the cards and things I want to make.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  4:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rain what is a Silhouette?

Marlee
Go to Top of Page

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  9:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Silhouette is also a die cutting electronic machine like a Cricut, however it comes with computer software, Silhouette Designer, where I can alter purchased or found shapes in any way I would like, then send them to the printer/cutter.
For example, I have a series of lovely lace cutouts, very complicated, nothing I would want to take the time to cut with a scissor, so I lined up the various shapes on my "art board" in the software, then hit the cut button, and two minutes later, I have lace cutouts on the paper of my choice. I use a lot of lightweight chipboard, then paint it myself, although the Silhouette has a print and cut function, replaceable ink cartridges etc.
I own several nice fonts with upper and lower case alphas that I have used to make cards. On Planet Scrapbook, many people use the Silhouette to cut all sorts of embellishments for layout pages, and on Planet Quilt, people use fabrics fused to a paper backing like Wonder Under, although I have a hand cranked fabric cutter called an AccuQuilt, so I never put fabric through my Silhouette.

The Silhouette site has subscriptions levels that make it easy to amass a digital library of shapes to cut so you don't have to design it all yourself. I have also cut everything from fancy edged envelopes, boxes that tab together, etc.

Hope that makes sense! I am totally tired from having Photoshop crash on me right as I was saving a massive homework file for an online photography class I have been taking over the last month. The gremlins have invaded, so I'm going to bed!
hugs,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2013 :  6:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to look at that, I am interested...! Thank you Rain

Hugs Marlee
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  12:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now you can get a Circut Mini or a Cuddle bug at half price at JoAnne Fabrics.

And Overstock.com has the Shilouette on sale right now for $129.00,
I believe.

Hope that is helpful girls.

Now is the time to buy girls if you want one.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2013 12:29:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4139 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4139 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  12:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for all the wonderful information you gave, I have learned a lot, and I always love saving money:-)

Hugs,
Debbie

Proud Mama Hen of SPG

"LIFE IS 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU." ~ANONYMOUS"

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9611 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9611 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  4:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ended up getting the Cricut Cuttlebug for half price and it was an even better price than Cyber Monday had. I checked to see if maybe I should have waited till then but I am glad I didn't. Plus I also got free shipping on it!

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2013 :  11:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright...Way to Go Denise!!!
gy

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Cricut?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page