Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Getting ahead a little bit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Getting ahead a little bit Next Topic  

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9615 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9615 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  10:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just about all my shopping done for Christmas. I was hoping to be all done by Thanksgiving so I can sit back, relax and enjoy the time with family. We don't do a lot but I have 3 birthdays before Christmas so I wanted to get as much done for Christmas as I could before the birthday celebrations. I have a birthday package to go out and also a Christmas box ready to go. They both go to my daughter's as her girls are having their first and third birthdays in December. Hoping to go there for that but airline tickets are high right now. May have to make the 10 hr drive. Anyway, I don't have much left and I just wondered how everyone else is coming along or if you do something different than exchange gifts. I started getting my cards made out yesterday but I have a lot of family so it takes me a bit to get those done.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugloveslilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2013 :  11:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I try to be done by Thanksgiving too. I'm a little behind, and still shopping, though. I hope to get it
all done next week and in the mail. I recieved the name and address list for the Christmas card swap today so I'll
be working on those this week.

Happy Thanksgiving
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  1:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Denise,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, my internet is intermittent and down at this time so I have come to the Library to catch up.

I feel so lost with out getting on MJF daily.

I am starting to make out my cards this week so hopefully will get everyones out next week sometimes, That is to all my family and farmsisters and others.

I have a lot to send out too, but I think it will be a good thing being how everything is going on in the Country. I need to send some cheer out ther.

Well take care and know I am still in but just more computer trouble.

Blessings to you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  3:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just always HOPE to have a good start on my Christmas Shopping before Thanksgiving...and that is where I am at right now.
A Good Start...but I like to save some for that last week before Christmas because I just love to get out in the Crowd for
a bit too. There is a Festivity that I love those last few days. Probably comes from my years in Retail Sales. I loved the
Christmas Shoppers even when I was on the other side of the counter. LOL

I will put up my tree and decorations this Friday or Saturday and decorate my Foyer and the rest of the Apartment too.

Then I will do my Christmas Cards. I send out over a hundred each year...so it takes me a long time, but I enjoy it.
At least I think I still do. LOL

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY HENNIES!!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9615 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9615 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2013 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy,
I know what you mean about the festivity of it all. I go for my stocking stuffers right before so I can enjoy seeing all the people out and about. Especially love it if we have snow. I worked in a Hallmark store up until last year and we always had a lot of fun on Christmas eve. Everyone was always in a festive mood and we only worked part of the day so we still got to enjoy the evening with our families.

hugs,
Denise~~
Farmgirl sister#43

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugloveslilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Getting ahead a little bit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: