Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 A brief note about "TUCKS" in swap packages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic A brief note about "TUCKS" in swap packages Next Topic  

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  08:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there FGSW Henhouse Chicks,

The question has been asked about protocol about "tucks" in our swap packages. By "tuck" we mean anything extra that a chick just wants to include that is above and beyond the designated swap items.

There has been quite the discussion on the Connection about whether to do or not. Some gals are very generous with "tucks" . . . I have been the recipient of those. Some gals feel bad if they don't include, etc., etc.Some feel that the protocol should be more defined. There is a myriad of questions about it.

In the Henhouse we try to keep our swaps simple, basic, easy, and those that don't require a lot of time, expense, etc. The important part is that we can participate and "connect". Because of the "virtual" nature of our Henhouse, we try to do these so we can connect and get to know each other.

Soooooo, for the sake of our Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse I'd like to put it out like this:

- "tucks" are TOTALLY OPTIONAL and up to the sending Farm Chick as to her heart's desire.

- NONE OF US should feel badly, or be made to feel badly if we choose not to include.

- NONE OF US should feel obligated to reciprocate a "tuck" if we receive one.

- My desire is to leave it OPTIONAL, to allow for individual chicks to "follow their hearts".

If you have any other thoughts on the matter, please post them here. If you have concerns, please shoot me an email.

You chicks are AWESOME and I appreciate the giving, sharing, caring hearts you all have. I've met and spent time with most of you and what BLESSING that has been. I hope to meet ALL Of you sometime and it would truly be INCREDIBLE if somehow, someway we could ALL be together for some FGSW HENHOUSE "CHICK" time!

Thanks again!
CJ . . .
your humble mother hen

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

living life: www.snippetscja.blogspot.com
"the Purple Thistle": www.ceejay48.etsy.com
from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

laurentany
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my sweet farmsisters!
CJ I agree whole heartedly with your opinion about tucks. Quite honestly there are times when I CAN (both time-wise and finance-wise) put a tuck in, and then there are other times when it just isn't possible. SO, personally I like the idea of "whatever it is, it is". If I am BLESSED with an extra "tuck" then that's great. BUT, if I open a package and receive my swap, and only what was to be included in the swap then I am BLESSED as well, for I have been thought of, and, one of my sweet farmgirl sisters took the time to swap with me. Plain and simple.
I think leaving it to the swappers discretion is a great way to go, and I totally agree that NO ONE should EVER feel badly if they CANT include an extra tuck, or if the are the RECIPIENT of an extra tuck.
Its all good, and we are all just trying to do what we can.
Hugs to all!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  5:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hear hear! Farmgirl sister packages are full of love no matter how they come to us because that's who we are and that's our bottom line!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Desert Rat with a Rocky Mountain high farmin' in the Sonoran Desert!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  6:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love it!

btw,ceejay i was almost in your neighborhood today...stuck in Cheyenne last nite due to ice and wind on I-80.....

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic A brief note about "TUCKS" in swap packages Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page