Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 What are you doing this summer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you doing this summer? Next Topic  

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  09:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SW Farmgirls! The change in seasons always gives me a little boost of energy . As the weather and the calendar changes, I think about what I want to get done and experience in the next few months. So, I am wondering what projects or trips everyone has planned for this summer?

My summer is focused on weddings. I will be going to my mom's wedding reception in Iowa and working with my daughter to plan her wedding in Colorado. She is getting married in 2013 in Estes Park in a fantastically beautiful location and I am so excited to see how this all comes together. In Phoenix it is too hot to be outside much in the summer so I hope to make a few Christmas gifts and finally get started on organizing years worth of family photos. I am also working on my dissertation, which is on-going. My topic is post-partum depression and I am really interested in this so it's not so bad to have to write this. I am looking forward to a wonderful summer with my son home from college : )

What is everyone else looking forward to and working on this summer?

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Be distracted by joy

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam, you have a busy summer ahead. My oldest daughter got married in April and my middle daughter in June of last year. Weddings are so much fun! Estes Park is a beautiful place just to visit. It would be awesome for a wedding!

I've been wanting to go through old photo albums and write dates on the outside so we don't have to go through several books to find what we're looking for. At least I have most of them in books. They're not the fancy scrapbooking type but they are in order so that's one plus.

I'm looking forward to being with my two kids that are still living at home. They've been in college and although they've been living at home I still don't get much time to be with them. They are always busy with homework. I also proof and edit their work so I will be getting a summer vacation too. lol

I'm starting a business with doTERRA essential oils and hope to do some presentations this summer. I'm really excited about this as I've been wanting to have my own business. I'm also a little scared as I find it challenging to talk in front of groups.

Good luck working on your dissertation. That does sound like an interesting topic.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  11:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy....my interest in the topic came from the work I did with La Leche...the things I learned there really have stayed with me for life. Remember those sweet days? It is such fun to have time with the adult kids...it seems like life just speeds up and it gets harder and harder to find time together.

Pam

Pam
Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  2:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember those days fondly but I find teens and adult children much more fun. We have great times together and all of my kids are my friends. Those baby days were so enjoyable but so much physical work was involved. Now it seems there's a lot more stress on the emotions worrying about each of my children but at least I have some time for my own pursuits. :-)

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  7:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got back from a trip to the Phoenix area (sorry, Pam we were on the run!) for Robin's stepson's graduation and related activities. Robin also had her last day with her students so we were involved in her last day activities with her students.
It was HOT, HOT, HOT!
Two days after returning, my hubby and I made a day trip to Moab, Utah to meet up with two of my nieces and their hubbys who were vacationing there. One niece from British Columbia and the other from Denver . . . they don't have the same mom (I have two older sisters)
In June Robin and I area headed to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Rocky Mountains event, in the Keystone/Dillon/Frisco/Breckenridge, Colorado area. Before that we plan to go pester Debbie and Marilyn for a couple days AND after we live my niece's house in Denver after the event, we plan to go share our pestering around with Rain and Laurie.
After we get back to my house we'll change gears, pack up and go "tent-glamping" again for most of the week of the 4th in the mountains not far from my house.
In August, I'm headed in the direction of Debbie and Marilyn's where some of us plan on meeting at Eleven Mile State Park for another "glamping" adventure.
Robin and I plan even another "tent glamping" adventure in Flagstaff over Labor Day weekend. YAY!!
In between all of that it's sew and sew to keep going for Farmers Market every Saturday morning, go on power walks, try to keep the lawn mowed and stay outta trouble!
I just wanna "glamp"!!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

living life: www.snippetscja.blogspot.com
"the Purple Thistle": www.ceejay48.etsy.com
from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you doing this summer? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page