True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  06:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Henhouse Chicks!!

It is the first Monday of March and I know that some of you are thinking "SPRING"! Thought I'd start this thread so that we can start "clucking" about plans we have for spring.

- Garden plans
- Flower planting plans
- Excursion plans, short or long
- Family activity plans

Anything you are planning to do . . . or hoping to do.

Nope, I'm not gonna start! I hope some other "Chick" wlll start . . I'll be sharing along the way!

So . . let's "cluck" about SPRING!!!
CJ . . the ole mother hen

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Rain K
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Rain
Paonia CO
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  07:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Ladies,
I'll start:
In March I will be:
Finishing the last module of Part 1 diploma in art and design, and experimental stitch through City and Guilds of London. This is the culmination of 4 years of work, and I'm very excited.
Starting hundreds of seedlings in my hoophouse for 5 families. Planting peas, fava beans, spinach, more greens, onions/leeks, baby turnips, beets, broccoli, and cabbages in the beds.
Supporting two friends through major surgery, including cooking for their families.
In April, I will be gathering with the family in Boulder for Easter, followed by Farmgirl visits to Paonia! I will also be starting part 2 of the diploma work.
In May, we are having a family reunion in the front range.
In June we head to Telluride for the Bluegrass festival, and then CJ and Robin come to visit!
Take care,
Rain

Farmgirl #3381
The Ninth Wave
Earth Meat farms
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4011 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4011 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  07:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Farmgirls~
In April Marilyn and I will be visiting my friends in Montrose, Farmgirl Friends Rain & Laurie in Paonia/Hotchkiss, CJ in Dolores, I get more excited everyday about this trip.
In May, I will visit my Son in Denver we will go the Butterfly Pavillion, and Aquarium. Then back home where I will go fishing with Marilyn off and on through the summer.
In June CJ & Robin will visit with Marilyn and I, they will stay with me so I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy about that. Perhaps we will see Erica as well.
In July I celebrate my birthday.
Somewhere during these months I hope to travel to Payson AZ to visit with hubby who will be on a fire contract through September, he leaves March 12th.
With 4 dogs and a bird it is difficult for me to plan to far ahead.
I will also in June plant my container garden on my deck, tomatoes, flowers and herbs.
I can smell Spring in the air, I hear the birds singing every morning as they too wait for Springs arrival. But, living at 9000 feet up I know winter is not over yet.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  08:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!! Sounds like things are gonna really kick into "spring gear" for you girls!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  06:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gearing up to leave a week from tomorrow to go meet Robin for our "glamping" trip in Black Canyon City, Arizona. I have meet her where it's warm enough . . still too cold here and we're getting snow too.
Cranking up my "apron factory" getting aprons cut out and ready to sew for the upcoming Farmers Market season. Have some orders now to finish. Market opens the first Saturday in June and we usually go through the middle of October. Last season I was VERY busy . . it's hard to know how apron sales will be.
In May, Robin's step-son, Alex, is graduating from high school and we are planning on a return trip to Arizona for that. After we get home a quick trip to the Moab, Utah area to meet up with my niece from British Columbia. She and her hubby will be vacationing there.
June is the month for Robin and I to get ready for our Avon Walk Breast Cancer event as part of the crew.
As you can see, we plan to visit Debbie & Marilyn, Rain and Laurie as part of this trip.
In between all of that, try to plan/plant a garden, buy a new lawnmower, continue my power walks and work on my papercraft projects as well.
Looking forward to Farmgirl visits sooooooo much!
Looking forward in a big, huge way, to time with Robin!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  06:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This spring I am going fishing as soon as the ice melts, then of course there are all the activities that Debbie mentioned. Then camping and fishing some more. Added to this I just found an old floor loom that I am going to clean up and learn how to weave on it. It is about 60 years old and in really good shape. Then of course I will be putting in my garden. This is our 50th wedding anniversary and instead of going somewhere just for our literal anniversary we have decided to make it our anniversary year so we will be doing or going somewhere to celebrate each month. So far we have done this for Jan and Feb. For March we are going to the crane festival in Monte Vista.
Not much else is going on except that this is the first year I have done swaps next goal will be to get some merit badges. Don't know yet how or when but it's a goal.
Then of course Debbie and I have "farmgirl meet ups each month". (can't forget those) Any one who wants to can join us on these if you happen to be around.
Oh did I mention I'm going fishing and camping.

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my spring plans basically involve my cancer treatments. i hope to plant some container flowers and veggies here-tho we are seriously thinking we may have to move again soon due to the electrical issue here.

our local relay for life is in july; i will walk in the survivor portion. and probably will help my daughter's company fundraise. i actually had hoped to be working there soon. patience is not my virtue!

being here close to my grandkids allows for spring and summer picnics. our apt is not big enuff for sleepovers.

truly jealous of all of you who are geographically close to enjoy the live company of the sisters!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Sounds like I will be busy visiting with folks! Ha, Yes I am excited to see everyone. I too hope to be working on starts in between the daily activities of the growing child and work. I have to go to Montrose and start cleaning up the compost pile I had started. Mom doesn't want it and we have a huge garden that needs it. Our Farmer's Market starts in May though we don't go until we have fruit so most of my time will be around gardening and the orchard.

Mom will be back from Florida and I can't wait to start our weekly girls day again. I've missed having her around. I also hope to keep my once a week trip to the coffee shop for writing and hope to get query letters out for the revised book. Oh yea, I have to get started on the new book.

Laurie

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
laurie-i have missed this- are you published? what, dear...details....

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  08:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How dreadful of me!
I didn't mention Debbie and Marilyn's planned visit to MY house in April! How could I have left that out . . . oh me, oh my!!!

And, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD to have them come. We're gonna sit on my deck if the weather allows, maybe go thrifting, have lunch with "calicogirl" another farmgirl who lives near me, yak, laugh, let my hubby cook for us . . . yak, laugh . . whatever!
YES!!! COME ON OVER GIRLS!!!
CJ

P.S. I echo Marilyn's invite . . if ANY of you are anywhere near when any of these things are happening BE SURE TO STOP BY!!!!

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Sylvia
Stamford TX
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spring and summer plans: First is to get back in touch with the forums and my farmgirl sisters!!! This month I have Spring break trip to Victoria Texas to see my folks, and then work conference in Houston at the end of the month. April means staying close to home for fundraiserrs for a camp for blind kids I am coordinating this summer. In June inhale two conventions in Dallas, and I am helping with church campmand a blindness camp in Houston and in July I have my Braille camp and then a trip to Washington DC and New York City. HOPEFULLY in Auguat we get to make our trip to Colorado.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD to hear from you Sylvia! I knew you had been very busy but not sure HOW busy and it doesn't sound like you're going to be sitting around eating bonbons, bored out of your mind, either!
Glad to hear how things are and hope you can check in more often and keep us posted.
Hang in there!
CJ

living life: www.snippetscja.blogspot.com
"the Purple Thistle": www.ceejay48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Sylvia
Stamford TX
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks CJ! I have missed everyone but a busy Sylvia is much better than a bored Sylvia....ask anyone who has known me a while. ;) Of course, my ever expanding waistline makes it look like I have been sitting around eating bon bons...LOL Gotta get the eating back under control, fast food seems to equal fat food....

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

481 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  8:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I will be starting off in April with a trip to Washington D.C. and New York on April 6th for a week. Before anyone gets jealous....LOL....my hubby and I are joining our daughter's 8th grade history class on their annual historical "field trip". Just to give you a brief idea....plane leaves San Francisco at 10:30 p.m. We fly all night, land in Washington D.C. and go directly (yes directly) to the Smithsonian. We do not check into our hotel until 8:00 p.m. I think I must have been crazy when I signed us up! When we get back, my son turns 25 on April 24th. My daughter turns 14 on May 16th....hubby's birthday is May 18th...whew! My daughter graduates from middle school in June. We will be spending 4th of July in Tahoe with friends at their beautiful home on the lake, then heading up to our house in Bend, Oregon for a couple weeks. In between, I will be working on my paper art books, and hopefully doing lots of farmgirl swaps! Busy, busy, busy!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic SPRING PLANS?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page