Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 Denver "Chick" Lunch - - what fun!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Denver "Chick" Lunch - - what fun!! Next Topic  

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  06:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I can't describe in words the wonderful time we had at Ilene's house . . . and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry you missed it, if you missed it. Ilene has a beautiful home furnished with many, many treasures from her travels and other treasures. She made the most fabulous lunch, set a beautiful patriotic themed table. We shared our lives with each other, laughed, giggled, adn shared some little "chick" gifts.
She showed us her "Miniatures" boxes that she makes. We visited her little "tree house" which is a special retreat under her huge spruce tree. She has a fantastic player piano with an amazing library of rolls for it. Robin selected one and Ilene pumped it . . . after that I put up the "pump" pedals and played it the "real" way . . on the keys. What a treat!!!
Alas and alack! We were having so much fun and then it was time for us to hug each other . . . again . . and say our goodbyes.
Such a wonderful, wonderful treat!!!!

Ilene and myself in the back; Marilyn, Kathy and Robin in front

Ilene, Marilyn, Kathy and Robin

Ilene, CJ, Marilyn and Robin

Ilene with the "Tea Room" miniature she made

Ilene pumping the player while Robin looks on . . the rest of us were at the table enjoying it!!!

THANK YOU GIRLS for the Sweet fun!!!
THANK YOU ILENE!!!!
CJ . . .and Birdie, too

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jun 28 2011 07:03:54 AM

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was a wonderful time and Ilene prepared us a feast! The piano playing was awesome. For those who don't know it I will tell you that CJ can really play well. The conversation was interesting and entertaining and it was great to meet everyone.

Thanks for the pictures, CJ. I have pictures of individuals but not one of the group.

Kathy

Edited by - KathleenL on Jun 29 2011 10:07:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

mountain mama
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Marilyn
Divide Co
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJ & Robin

Thanks for the great pictures. Since I forgot my camera I really appreciate them. I think we all look pretty darn good. We did have a feast and a half Ilene is a great cook and a terrific hostess I think that everyone would agree that she made us all feel extremely welcome. Her home is spectacular everywhere you look there were interesting things. The player piano was such a treat not only listening to the rolls being played but CJ played for us also. Her miniature house boxes were really cool. Had a great time and am looking forward to the next time we can all get together.

Marilyn

Sunshine in our hearts
Farmgirl #408
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4014 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4014 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  10:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How wonderful that all of you were able to get together and have so much fun and I am sorry I missed meeting all of you.
Marilyn I will email you.
Thanks for the wonderful pictures.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Denver "Chick" Lunch - - what fun!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page