Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Heart of Texas Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 Summer Project for our Henhouse members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Summer Project for our Henhouse members Next Topic  

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  3:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hotties,here is a summertime challenge for you: if you travel anywhere in Texas this summer, come back here and give us a "report" on it. Where did you go? What attractions did you see there? Would you like to go there again sometime? If not, why?

This will be something fun for us to do this summer in our group!

Caron

Beloved Father, give me a farmer’s faith, which sees the harvest in the seed time.

Farmgirl Sister #254

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  4:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I'll take you up on that! Hubby & I are going to Houston and Bryan/College Station next week.

Kyria

www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This past weekend we went to Jefferson,Texas. This is a wonderful town with beautifully kept up older homes. There sre several stores which sell antiques, a really nice Christian store, a cool old-fashioned General Store (with a soda fountain inside) and some nice junk/garage sale/resale type stores. There are quite a few bed and breakfast Inns that you can stay in. The downtown streets are red brick, so cute! There are quite a few nice places to eat too. And, like I did last weekend,each year in May there is a big Civil War weekend where the whole town steps back to the 1860's!
I recommend Jefferson as a travel spot if you like to do any of the things listed above!

Caron

Beloved Father, give me a farmer’s faith, which sees the harvest in the seed time.

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  9:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You were very close to where I live! We live outside Carthage, TX; Jefferson is about 45 miles from us. It's a great little town.

Right now we're in Houston. I'm going to get acupuncture tomorrow to control some really rough hot flashes. Then we're going to Bryan/College Station for my husband's work. I don't know if I'll get to see any sights, or if I'll just relax in the hotel room for a couple of days. Either way is great!

Kyria

www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remembered that you live close to Carthage, of course did I remember that when we were close by? Nooooo. I rememberd that later on that night after we got home. Duh.
Enjoy your stay. Shoot, staying in a hotel and just lounging around is one of my favorite things!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  1:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be sure to report. With gas as high as it is, we will probably not go far from home. There are so many things to see and do in Texas, so maybe we will check some of them out. Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  2:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a picture from Bryan/College Station.

All I did was rest in the hotel room and visit Goodwill. I had bought some yarn & a crochet hook, so I made a dishcloth, too. Went to eat at the Outback with my hubby and one of his coworkers one night, and that's about it!

Kyria

www.crossyr.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  6:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's pretty!
Your trip sounds relaxing,and that's a good thing!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  4:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goodwill is my favorite place to shop. My husband used to travel around the area a lot for his work. I knew where most of the Goodwills were; on the days he was going to be working near one I would go with him.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  09:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you, Catherine. I think I have found most of my most favorite things over the years from Goodwill or a garage sale! I love to go to them!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Summer Project for our Henhouse members Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page