classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies, its been awhile since I've posted. Have been really busy with mom. She'll turn 87 the 25th of April. Last week she was outside and fell right on her face in the driveway. And laid there for awhile before anyone heard her. We took her to the hospital, she had a qoose egg on her forhead the size of a baseball. Blood from hairline to her chin. They did a ct and said there was no damage in the head but she broke her nose. And her arms are really bruised, I guess trying to stop herself from falling. She looks like a little raccoon. Her left eye was swollen shut for a couple of days. But she's doing better and she's a toughy. We have to check in with her often to be sure shes not doing something that she could get hurt at. She doesn't want to live with any one and diffently will not go to assited living. So we'll go as we are now until something else needs to be done. She cooks for herself, cleans house, and does her laudry. I just hope I will be doing that well when I'm her age. I am sorry that I've not been here to keep things going, but I hope that we soon have some nice weather. Had a few days, but I'll be glad when the tornado season is over. I always have to be prepared to get mom somewhere. Let us all know what is going on with you all. And wish you all a wonderful Easter. Hugs,Brenda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
  Bulletin Board: Previous Topic Finally back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page