Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Goals Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  09:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the time going? As we conitnue into 2011 I thought I wuold just post a goals section for us. this isn't necissarily about badges since we have a topic for thatbut just in your life.

My near goals will be to paint my new library once the soon-to-be hubby gets the wall built. We're waiting on the window to come in. Once I've done that, we'll get the carpet installed, and then I can officially move in! I'm very excited by that, thoguh it won't come until mid April at the earliest. Home for a week and then back to work. The rest of the spring will be spent in planting. We are adding lavender (lots!), raspberries, chokecherries and other berry bushes. And of course, the garden. We are expanding on it. Before all that will be planting the new fruit trees coming in. It will be a busy spring.

Laurie

Best Growing

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm . . . well, let's see.

January is the month in which I re-organize my project room. That is necessary to start making items that I sell on my blogspot and at Farmers Market. Then by February I can get started on making my aprons, cards, journals and jewelry.
I plan those projects with time/work management efficiency in mind.
Farmers Market starts the first Saturday in June and it is a busy season. It leads into the fall months when I need time to prepare for Christmas Bazaars. So the "sell" season can be very, very busy.

Aside from that there is:
- clean out my many flower beds
- finish cleaning up the garden
- clean-up/whatever is necessary in my herb garden
- determine if any trees need pruned
- start tilling and preparing the garden area
- "plant" our black plastic mulch in the garden
- plant SEEDS in mid-May (hopefully when there is a warm spell)
- plant PLANTS after June 9th (usually a late killing frost in early June)

I planted wildflower beds last year so I'm going to be curious to see if they reproduce this year.

Looking into ground cover options for areas that I've been mowing . . . need to "downsize" on the areas that get mowed.

Try to keep my house clean and finish getting my project room "workshop" in order (here REALLY soon)

GO ON A ROAD TRIP with my daughter the end of June into early July, to our AVON Walk for Breast cancer event in the Dillon/Breckenridge, CO area, meet up with Henhouse Chicks in Denver, then head west on the Women of the Wild West/Farmgirls on the Loose trip!!!!

Okay . . for now, go finish baking my famous waffles for our Sunday morning breakfast!!!
Take care!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

from my heart: www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
from my hands: www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  9:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there! It's already April and the year is flying by. I have started putting together a stash of gifts for next Christmas, thinking about my loved ones when I am out and about and see something special. This spring is busy...next week we are having the exterior of the house painted so we are preparing for the painters. Next month we have two kids graduating in two differnt states, with all the family attending both graduations. Much to celebrate! I would like to put together a photo album for our high school graduate to take with him when he goes across the country to college this fall.
Meanwhile, I am about to go on a two week break from school and I am looking forward to some gardening and I want to set up a project area for myself. I have a project I hope to start; I have traced the hands of our family members and I hope to embroider them and a dear friend has offered to turn them into a quilt.
So much I want to do...need to focus.

Pam
Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Pam
Phoenix Arizona
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  07:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again! Just wanted to shout out that my house is painted. The painters were here for 5 days and the place looks great. My back yard is completely enclosed by walls, which is typical in Phoenix. We have a low retaining wall behind the pool and we painted it a vibrant Southwest Clay and it perked the place right up. The color changes from terra cotta to a more pinkish color, depending on the light and time of day. It is a great backdrop for my plants and I am feeling a renewed energy to get out and spend time in the garden. Just in time too...we are planning a back yard party for the family next month to celebrate my son's graduation.

Hope everyone's spring projects are coming along.

Aloha, Pam

Pam
Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  11:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam, Doesn't it feel great to have your house painted? It's like a whole new house. I once painted my living room a color that I thought looked like a southwestern terra cotta color. It turned out to look pink! It's a very large living room, dining room, stairs to the upstairs, and hallway area. In the low light and wet it looked okay. As it started drying I was thinking, "It will season up and look just fine." Well, it just kept getting more pink. After days of work and 7 or more gallons of paint I couldn't just paint over it. We lived with that color for several years. I learned to always try a sample first before committing to a color for such a large area.

I've been in the mood to clean out and get rid of things. I used to do that on a fairly regular basis but the last two years I haven't wanted to do that. I started in the bedroom and that has taken me over a week to get through. I only spend about an hour a day so it could take me a long time to get through the whole house. lol My daughter is moving into her own place next weekend so that will free up some space for my to start rearranging things. I don't know if that will make the process go faster or slower. Probably slower as I will be missing her and working through tears.

I planted some chard and kale about a month ago and it's finally coming up. Right now it looks like I've got only about 50% of the seeds coming up. I used the same seeds as last year when I didn't have a whole lot of germination rate either. I think I will need to switch to a different company next year.

With cleaning, gardening, and wedding plan details I've been busy with not much computer time. I've been missing my "sisters" and it's nice to have found this time to keep in touch.

Hugs,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Goals Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page