Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirls Southwest
 Project Discussions
 Summer Plans . . .gardens, outings, etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Summer Plans . . .gardens, outings, etc. Next Topic  

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  3:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd open up the topic of WHAT'S EVERYBODY PLANNING FOR THE SUMMER???

- planting gardens?
- travel/vacation plans?
- special family activities, etc?

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball games, swim, games, swim, Branson with DD and GD. Not alot but things I like to do!
Go to Top of Page

Rusty
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Rusty
Las Cruces NM
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not much this summer - my mom is very ill so we are staying close to home. I plan on working for more badges and staying out of the heat. It's already 100 degrees here in Las Cruces and I hate the heat. Oh well - maybe next summer.

Enjoy-

Rusty
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Diana
orofino ID
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  5:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next week Oregon coast with SIL, Then July is Oregon Sister's quilt show with DH. August is Spokane with my DD. September Alaska and try to keep the weeds out of the garden when I am here.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  6:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me, it'll be work as usual, but we have planted a garden . . watching for things to pop up. Bought my tomato, pepper, eggplant and cucumber plants today and they'll sit on the deck for a week or so and get used to being in the sun and wind, etc. Trying to keep the lawn mowed . . . wore me out today!!! Keeping things watered is a challenge in this dry climate and June is usually pretty dry before monsoon season.

Camping as we can, sit on the deck in the evening every minute possible. Enjoy our daughter and her family visiting, possibly my oldest brother and wife from Oregon.

We will be attempting to sell our craft items at Farmers Market every Saturday morning, starting this coming Saturday, through September.

Like Diana, try to stay ahead of the weeks. . . ha, ha.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

JudyT
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  2:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear about your mom Rusty.
Not much going on right now for summer. We do have the gardens and we are trying to secure a loan to buy a log home on 20 acres in Wisconsin. Taking it easy this year, maybe a quick trip or two to Minnesota to see our daughters.
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

188 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
188 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  08:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My plan is to stay away from work as long as I can and help the BF at his orchard. No cherries this year, but we are taking of putting in a root cellar and a greenhouse.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baseball games, hopefully some fishing, camping and some hiking. I always look forward to out towns 4th of July program too. Love fireworks!
Rusty, so sorry to hear about your mom, you will both be in my prayers. Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rusty
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Rusty
Las Cruces NM
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  07:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you fellow farmgirls for the well wishes for my mom. She is 92 years young and very handicapped. We pray every day for her and now I have a cold so my dear sweet husband is taking care of both of us. Have a great summer.
Love-

Rusty
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

CJ
Dolores Colorado
USA
541 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  08:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rusty . . I'm sorry you have a cold too!!! That makes for misery, huh??
Thankful for dear sweet husbands too!!!
Take care of yourself . . . rest up, drink fluids . . you know the routine!!!
God Bless you!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  11:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rusty, you have my thoughts and prayers. Your husband *is* very sweet to be taking care of you both.

Blessings,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  11:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had some big gardening plans but wasn't able to get as much planted as I had wanted. For this year I'll just have some kale, chard, lettuce, and tomatoes. Oh, and I did manage to get a few zucchini seeds in the ground that haven't come up yet.
I'll be making some clothes for my granddaughter as she's decided she doesn't want anything pulled over her head and needs button shirts. That needs to get done right away and after that I hope to start on some lap quilts.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  5:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little late but I'm here! I started the summer of getting any bright ideas for next school year on paper so I don't forget! Then I started sewing. I have made 4 skirts, a pair of shorts, and have an assortment of other things waiting to be put together! My cousin came to visit. We have celebrated my dh's 40th birthday. I am working through some more of my badges. I will be playing in my garden and tenderly care for our yards...this gives me great pleasure! I will be going to my 20th year high school reunion...hmmm?! I will also be hanging out with my ma and pa in Colorado for about a week and a half. My dh & ds will join up with us for the 4th of July! I'm going to get more sewing done. I also have a bit of that "spring" cleaning that can't be done in the spring so I wait til summer...that way my ds can help out! I will also be heading to Vegas for a teacher conference! I'm actually really looking forward to the conference...not Vegas! Vegas has lost it's thrill with me! Then I start back to work the end of July! My students start by the 5th of August! And we're off again! So my summer will be short but very sweet & fulfilling...at least I will make sure to do my best to do so!!!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
201 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  5:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Robin, that sounds like a BUSY summer. Aren't summers supposed to be for relaxing? lol My summer has been packed even though I had very few plans. I need to do some "spring" cleaning too. I managed to get the living room done and then other things came up. I was thinking today I need to get back to the cleaning. But then I went out to water the garden and noticed a bunch of things that need to be done outside. I'm not sure which to do but this week is going to be busy no matter what I choose.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  06:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be working most of the summer but will be taking a few weeks off to relax. Ok so maybe not relax but get some things caught up on and a little relaxing. The hubby and I are both teaching at a Department of Education workshop in Pueblo for a week and then its back home to rest. Gardening, sewing, crafting and simplifying are on the agenda. We may take the "glamper" out for a spin for a short trip or two. Other than that work work work.

Heather

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Summer Plans . . .gardens, outings, etc. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page