Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Junk drawer miniatures swap -partners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Junk drawer miniatures swap -partners Next Topic  

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1267 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1267 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile
I have been building a 1:12 scale dollhouse and as a result have been making a lot of miniature things and reading up on ideas and techniques. Awhile ago, I came across an interesting post in a dollhouse group: they had done a challenge to see who could make the most creative mini item from junk. I thought it might make a fun swap! For this swap, you must use recycled materials to make at least part of your item. Think tiny things, like caps on bottles, tips of ink pens, popsicle sticks, old toys, fabric scraps, corks, empty containers, buttons etc. Here are some pics for inspiration. I have found that once you start making miniature items, you see the whole world differently, I am always seeing the potential in things to be a mini treasure now.

Anyone want to play?
Mail out 5/20

Partners: me and Vanessa!! :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Edited by - mrssarahhall on May 07 2024 04:35:50 AM

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1445 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1445 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2024 :  7:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, I love this idea!! :) Let me see if I can come up with an idea and I will let you know for sure! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1267 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1267 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2024 :  04:25:11 AM  Show Profile
Let me know Karen! It looked like a lot of fun. It could be anything- whatever brings inspiration. :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4934 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4934 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2024 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, I did a whole dollhouse back in the 1980's. A book from Family Circle magazine, you had to send off for it. It had instructions for making everything for a dollhouse with household items. Beds from

kitchen matches boxes. Hurricane
lamps from beads glue together with a clear straw piece for the chimney.Toothpaste caps fir flower vases.
My hands are just too stiff to handle tiny things. I'll be looking back to see what everyone made.
It's a great idea.
Connie W.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2210 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2210 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2024 :  03:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up. I love little things.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1267 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1267 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2024 :  4:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, yay!! I have you down.

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1267 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1267 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2024 :  4:16:12 PM  Show Profile
How cool Connie, that sounds like a really Fun book! I would love to see your house if you have pics? This is my first house, I have done some miniature boxes before, mostly garden or Christmas themed, I enjoyed them so much I wanted to try a house. The house itself is a kit that I have made my own and I am trying to make all the little things for inside. I am Planning to make a little garden around it too :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4934 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4934 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2024 :  5:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, that sounds adorable. I ll Have to see if I can find a picture.
I also made a chest of drawers from the small matchbox glue 3 together.
Remove the drawers that held the matches.poke a hole in the middle for a knob made with a paper Brad.
Then paint it.
It was fun!
Connie w.
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Junk drawer miniatures swap -partners Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page