abigail.maryjanesfarm
Schoolmarm

2 Posts

Abigail
Moscow ID
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2023 :  4:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello there! It’s finally time for more Mail Art.

My name is Abigail; I’m taking over some things here at MaryJane’s Farm. I know it’s been a little bit since the last Mail Art; MaryJane is really excited to get it going again.

A little bit about me: I work as a math professor at one of the universities nearby, and I specialize in preparing future teachers. I started working at MaryJane’s Farm in April 2022. After the pandemic, I was desperate to find some summer work that did not involve staring at a screen, and MaryJane graciously hired me even though I had virtually no practical skills to speak of on my resumé . I love working here and have learned so much from the work here and from MaryJane.

I just got married this past August. MaryJane was very generous and let me and my girlfriends stay at the farm the night before the wedding. We had the most magical girls’ night. I put together personalized gifts for all the girls, including MaryJane. Planning a wedding really puts a strain on the finances, so I wanted to find a low-cost way of packaging the gifts that was still beautiful and special. I pulled out some paper bags I had been storing in a cupboard and my acrylic paints. I painted the same floral design on each bag and then added each girl’s name to her bag. When the girls arrived for the wedding-eve girls’ night, each girl’s bag was set out waiting for her. What started as a cost-saving strategy ended up being even more special than store-bought bags. MaryJane even told me her favorite part was the bag. In the end, I really only saved myself a few dollars, but I’m still glad I did it. The girls raved about the bags all weekend.

With this anecdote as inspiration, the theme for January’s Mail Art is “Paper Bags”. I encourage you to find creative and beautiful ways to make art out of ordinary paper bags. Of course, if you feel like following your own theme, you are welcome to create whatever theme feels right!

If this is your first time signing up for Mail Art, please visit the topic Farmgirl Mail Art to read our guidelines.

For January Mail Art, please leave a comment on this thread stating you'd like to join in. Sign-up is available through December 15th. If your comment appears after you've posted it, that means you're on the roster.

I’ll send an email with your partner to you by December 16th. Please send your Mail Art before January 31st and be sure to include enough postage for your Mail Art to reach its destination.

Please post a comment on this thread once you receive your mail art to let your sender know that you received their art. If you can add a picture, I’d love to see your mail art!

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me an email. I'm happy to help! My email is abigail@maryjanesfarm.org.

Happy creating and swapping!
Abigail

"Do you know how incredibly brave it is to say `I don't know' when you're pretty sure everyone else around you gets it?"
-Brené Brown

"Comparison is the thief of joy"
-attributed to Teddy Roosevelt

Edited by - abigail.maryjanesfarm on Dec 01 2023 4:26:17 PM

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2023 :  4:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Abigail, welcome. Is this Farmgirl Mail Art the same one MaryJane posted I am confused which one to sign up for and if they are different. Thank you

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2023 :  5:38:19 PM  Show Profile
This is the place to be Sheila. Sorry to confuse you. I went to the thread where I'd asked you to stay tuned and posted a link to this thread.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1452 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1452 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2023 :  8:53:52 PM  Show Profile
I’d like to join.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2023 :  12:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up as well please!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2023 :  12:47:13 PM  Show Profile
And me too, my first ever mail-art challenge. Abigail's paper bag idea has my creative juices flowing.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2023 :  08:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up pretty please.

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2023 :  12:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo Auntie MaryJane! We are both doing our first ever mail-art challenge together! This will be fun.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4338 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4338 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2023 :  12:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh HI and a huge welcome to you Abigal!! So nice to 'meet' you!! Such a sweet story too about your girls night out before your wedding too! What a wonderful addition to MaryJanes family!! ( mathematics is so not my forte tjo! You must be brilliant!!;) sign me up. I'd love to art up a plain paper bag into something beautiful someone can use! Thank you!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2023 :  3:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi there! I emailed everyone with their partner's information. If you have any questions, you can send me an email (abigail@maryjanesfarm.org). Be sure to send your Mail Art before January 31.

Enjoy the creative process! :)

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17056 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17056 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2023 :  9:11:08 PM  Show Profile

Have fun, I look forward to seeing your creativity....

Edited by - katmom on Dec 16 2023 11:08:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17056 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17056 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2023 :  9:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh and I hope you ladies won't mind if I 'borrow" some of your ideas...

Edited by - katmom on Dec 16 2023 11:09:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2023 :  1:42:37 PM  Show Profile
I am excited to try something new!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2023 :  09:27:41 AM  Show Profile
If you're wrapping some last-minute gifts this morning, here's a paper bag idea I'm going to borrow from Winnie who mailed me a bubble-wrapped jar of her homemade marmalade, gift-wrapped in a paper bag.

Grabbing a tattered old quilt I have for just these kinds of projects, I'm cutting out some trees in different sizes, adding a button here and there using string that I add a gift tag to. Perfectly reusable and oh so farmgirl.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great day!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17056 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17056 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2023 :  10:10:50 AM  Show Profile
What a very sweet farm girl idea!
Merry Christmas…

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7516 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7516 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2023 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile
That is really a cute idea for a gift!

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4338 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4338 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2024 :  5:49:42 PM  Show Profile
Shiela, I sent you a return response to your email a couple weeks ago and was hoping to hear from you soon please?? I'm ready to create!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Jan 20 2024 11:59:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2024 :  04:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Dianna I sent you a you an email a week ago I think it was. I am not on the computer much so not sure of the date. January always seems to be a busy month after all the holidays. But I am going to schedule myself to do some mail art over the weekend! I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17056 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17056 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2024 :  7:51:38 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to seeing what you ladies come up with...
I spotted this idea on a German website.. and thought I would share it with you ladies..

How fun to make for a child's birthday, ex: 6th birthday,,, 6 bags/sacks..and fill with goodies... or if a special friend needs cheering up, fill 1 bag for each letter of their name.. EX: MARY = 4 bags.. fill with lotion, nail polish, mints, body spritz..
Just thinking outside the Bag..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

Edited by - katmom on Jan 21 2024 7:57:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4338 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4338 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2024 :  08:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Darling picture Grace!! I love it!! I sent Sheila's out last week. We both have so much going on in our lives but I can't WAIT till she gets hers!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2024 :  11:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Auntie MaryJane, I will be taking yours to the post office first thing tomorrow morning.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2024 :  11:39:28 AM  Show Profile
Same here, only tomorrow late afternoon for mine coming to you!

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1452 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1452 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2024 :  11:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Here is the mail art I received from Abigail! Thank you so much!! I absolutely love it!! It’s so my decor style!! It’s so truly amazing!

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2024 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow, that is beautiful! Oh how I wish I could draw. And I never would have thought to frame my bag either. I will need to think more out of the box next time.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6465 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6465 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2024 :  12:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Abigail and Karen that is so pretty. Like Krista I too wish I could draw.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4338 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4338 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2024 :  4:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Sheila??? Haven't you gotten yours by now??

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic January Mail Art 2024 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page