MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  2:21:55 PM  Show Profile
It has been many years now since my dad informed me that he was building multiple components for the Harry Potter roller coaster for Universal Studios. From that moment on the nerd in me has really wanted to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Last week we finally traveled to Universal Studios in Hollywood and I finally got to see the Harry Potter land and ride on the roller coaster my dad helped build. It felt like a dream come true! LOL! To say I felt like a kid again is an understatement. But then it also made me feel old because my body doesn't handle roller coasters like my younger self!! My whole family had an amazing time and we are already talking about going again in the future. Of course the rest of the park was amazing as well, but the Harry Potter stuff was the best! ( I may be biased, but when I asked my kids their favorite part they agreed!)

Krista

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  2:25:33 PM  Show Profile
All the kids also seen the ocean for the first time. This picture is just to cute to not share!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17068 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17068 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  2:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Krista,, you guys have made (Thanks Dad) such great memories with your trip...
I so miss living in SO CAL.. even though people up here bad mouth California,, I still love it and miss it... and have such happy memories..
For me, making a thermos of coffee and hubby and I heading to the beach for an evening drive , with the top down in the convertible..
Everyday was like a vacation..

I luv your photo of the 'littles' standing in the water on the beach! just precious...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1133 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  2:48:43 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful Krista, such a sweet picture, and I bet they loved the ocean as well. My son and his new wife just went to the one in Florida this past weekend. They took her sister for a graduation trip. They went exclusively to see Harry Potter World. It’s a ten hour drive, so they drove down Friday, saw HPW on Saturday, then drove back home on Sunday. They are all HP fanatics and had a wonderful time!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6479 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6479 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  4:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh how wonderful Krista for you and your family. You made great memories. I love Harry Potter!! I am almost 68 Years old and I want to see Harry Potter At Universal Studios so bad, I would ride every ride they would let me ride and do all my heart desires.
Thank you for sharing Krista.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1462 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1462 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2023 :  6:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow, Krista! I'm so happy you got to experience HPW and the roller coaster. What great memories you have made! And the beach too??!!! What a blast! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4130 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4130 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2023 :  03:37:59 AM  Show Profile
that is fantastic Krista.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3021 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3021 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  09:48:14 AM  Show Profile
That looks like an amazing trip! Not sure I'm brave enough to try the roller coaster though (even if my dad worked on it LOL!) I'd love to experience the rest of the Harry Potter stuff though!!!! Love the picture of the boys on the beach. Thanks for sharing!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  12:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Grace, the traffic in California is what made me crazy! LOL I don't do well with lots of traffic. It gives me anxiety. We actually flew into Burbank just to avoid some traffic. But I agree, the beach was wonderful. We visited the Santa Monica Pier.

Wanda, that is so awesome! I would love to visit the Florida one. The Harry Potter world there is bigger. We are hoping to go there when the baby is old enough to ride all the rides.

Debbie, it truly is magical! I really hope you get the opportunity to go. You will love it.

Heather, I bet you would love it too! There are so many fun things to explore. They did an amazing job of making you feel like you are really at Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. If you ever go, try the roller coaster. You won't be disappointed!

Krista

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  12:32:40 PM  Show Profile
It was also the kids first time flying! They were super excited, but it was super stressful for me lol! Between all the packing and entertaining 4 kids on a plane, I'm happy to wait a couple more years before we fly again!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17068 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17068 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  1:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, you think traffic is crazy around SO CAL,, try Seattle!!! even with our GPS,, we just about pulled our hair out! That being said, for people who have lived in major Cities are intuitive with driving in crazy traffic.. me, not so much! For me, I plan my excursions into Spokane according to avoid peek traffic and now with all the new "Round abouts" I may need some Prozac just to go to the Dollar Tree!! lololl!

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2685 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2685 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2023 :  6:14:50 PM  Show Profile
What a fun experience! Beach pictures w/ the kids is always my favorite!! You have a beautiful family, Krista!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2023 :  1:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I can only imagine! I don't even like driving to my parents town because they have much more traffic than where I live. And then California had triple that lol! So you can see why I needed Prozac! I think I will avoid the big cities and stay in my small town. My husband did say that the worst place he has ever driven was Atlanta. The traffic is horrible there. So I am okay to avoid that.

Thank you April.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17068 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17068 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2023 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Krista,, Prozac cocktails for us,, or we can forego Big Cities and hang out by our Glampers and craft! :>)

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2866 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2866 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2023 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Krista, you are an awesome mom, and one of my favorite farmgirls! Always so positive!
I can't even imagine handling 4 kids on a plane.
When my nephew was young and he would spend the night it took me 2 days to recover.
Looks like you had a trip all will remember!
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1462 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1462 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2023 :  7:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Invited or not, Grace and Krista, I’m crashing your glamper and craft party! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7450 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7450 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2023 :  06:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Great trip, Krista. I can’t imagine handling 4 kids on a plane. More power to you.

It is so nice you got to see it, especially since your father worked on it. I’ve been to the Harry Potter areas - yes, you have to pay for both halves of the park to see all of Harry Potter. I loved reading all the HP books and seeing it brought to life. I also couldn’t believe how much people spent on HP items - robes, wands, sorting hats, everything.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 21 2023 06:18:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2023 :  7:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I vote for hanging out in the glampers and crafting! Sounds way more fun!

Lisa, thank you! I really do try to be a good mom and look on the bright side of things. I feel the same way when I have kids over that are not mine. I babysit a toddler on Mondays but since school has been out his older brother comes too. Just that one extra kid exhausts me LOL! So I know exactly what you mean.

Karen, you are more than welcome to crash our party!

Linda, I just learned about the Harry Potter land being in both parks just a couple months ago. I still have books 5, 6, and 7 to read. I am hoping to get around to number 5 this year. Oh I agree! There were so many people there dressed in robes and carrying wands. I love Harry Potter, but I just have no desire to go all out like that LOL! I got myself a key chain, shirt, and the "Monster Book of Monsters" book to display with my Halloween decorations.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2023 :  11:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Krista, what great vacation photos you shared of the fun and adventure you all enjoyed in Hollywood! I can only imagine how stressful the traffic of this huge area felt after living on your quiet and scenic farm. I am like you, give me the quiet and simple any day of the week! However, I am happy to hear that you and hubby navigated the crazy traffic and had a wonderful trip. Your kids will always remember how fun and new it all was to them.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1628 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1628 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2023 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Krista, thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation pictures. Such wonderful memories.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."
Sister #8572 6/9/2023

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2023 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I am lucky to have a hubby who drives large air force trucks from state to state for his job, so the traffic didn't phase him! I was able to sit back and close my eyes lol!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Favorite Vacation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page