Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Anyone want to make the Beth Dutton Quilt?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Anyone want to make the Beth Dutton Quilt? Next Topic  

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  12:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am taking a survey here to see how many people might be interested in making the Beth Dutton quilt (from Yellowstone). I have never watched the series, myself, but I love the quilt. You can see many examples of the quilt on Pinterest.

It is an easy red and black 9-patch with alternated grey squares and borders. The strips would have to be cut 2-1/2" wide to make 6" finished size 9-patch blocks. Since the grey for the alternated squares and borders, you will have to provide it yourself.

I have designed a quilt in my QuiltPro software. It calls for 192 red squares (7/8 yard of reds) and 240 black squares (1-1/8 yard of blacks). 1 yard of fabric yields 14 2-1/2" strips of fabric. It also calls for 2-1/2 yards of grey.

Please let me know below if you might be interested in a swap for black and red 2-1/2" strips. When I see if there is interest, I will host a swap for red and black fabric strips so we can enhance our choices of reds and blacks.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on May 29 2023 12:43:42 PM

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  3:02:15 PM  Show Profile
I might be interested in this. I have some black and red fabric in prints. Would that work?

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2023 :  3:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I think the fabrics are mostly black or red, but, yes, they can also be prints. I noticed a few of the pictured quilts used the same fabric for all blocks, but I like the one pictured above that uses many different fabrics. I'm thinking mostly red on red, black on black, red with white print, black with white print. They just have to look red or black from a distance. That's what most of the quilts on Pinterest appear to use.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on May 29 2023 4:34:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2023 :  2:29:39 PM  Show Profile
I would love to give this a try. I'm new to quilting...working on one for my Momma with the help of a lady at the quilt store. I love the Yellowstone series! We are currently watching the prequel "1923".
It looks like a simple design that I could do. :)

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2023 :  2:41:54 PM  Show Profile
I will watch! Sound nice!

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Anyone want to make the Beth Dutton Quilt? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page