Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Debbie Fischer!! Love Inspired Junky Journal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Debbie Fischer!! Love Inspired Junky Journal Next Topic  

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  12:33:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

Good Morning, Ladies,

I drew from my bowl of names this morning and DEBBIE FISCHER is the winner of my love inspired junky junk journal gift away in honor of my beloved Mr. Frank.

Thank you all for expressing an interest in my love inspired junk journal and helping me to honor my dear friend. Love to you all for this month of February. XO

Mr. Frank, Beloved Friend
February 28, 1926 – January 25, 2023

In honor of my Mr. Frank who passed away this morning, my best friend, a 96 year old WWII, Korea and Vietnam veteran, a spritely, fireball of a man, a difficult man at best, but with a heart full of love and turmoil.

My family and I were blessed to have him move across the street from us about 4 years ago. I loved that man from day one. He would go to his favorite fish and chip joint (it had to be halibut) and bring me back a mint or two. His favorite sweatshired read: I'm retired, but work part time as a pain in the butt. He spent Holidays with us, we shared dinners and baked goods with him. We had a key to his house and checked on him every single day and night. He loved to share a "snort" of whiskey with my husband. We took him to dr appts and picked him up from the hospital after he had brain surgery, we helped take care of him every day for almost two years before he moved to assisted living four hours away from us. Once he moved, we would talk on the phone multiple times EVERY single day. His caretakers always new it was me calling. Breaks my heart he didn't have any other calls or visitors. I'd send him happy mail once a week. He had a stack of cards and pictures from us. He was there for me when I lost my dad, no words spoken, we just sat side by side and he's put his arm around me. He called me babe. He was so full of stories and history and love (and onri-ness). He had been married twice, both wives passed. Four children who were distant. He loved his beloved kitty, Lola. He was a stained glass artist and I'm fortunate to have a piece he made and gifted me. It breaks my heart that his children did not see the side of him we did. (Giggle, as I remember when my husband and I had to explain to the police he was of no harm, when he threatened his phone company when he couldn't get his phone to work) I'm grateful to have know such a man and I will always love my Mr. Frank.

So, it's something so very small, but in honor of my Mr. Frank,
I have a Love inspired junky journal I created and would love to gift away to someone who would love it for the month of February.

If you're interested, please sign up below by leaving a comment about how you show others they are loved. Or, how others have made you feel loved in unexpected ways.

I will randomly draw a name on February 7th and mail out with hopes it reaches its destination by February 14th. Depending on and subject to Mr. Post masters delivery skills.

Thank you ladies for listening to me ramble about My Beloved Mr. Frank.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Feb 07 2023 10:34:36 AM

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  1:26:09 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful story! It sounds like you were a blessing to him as much as he was a blessing to you :)

I try to show my love by doing little things. In the grand scheme of things it's not always much at all, but little unexpected surprises - like some home made cookies, a card in the mail, a phone call, etc. can really brighten someones day. And I've found that usually what means the most is just to know some one is thinking of you, no matter how you express it.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  1:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet April I am so sorry for your loss! Mr. Franks was a gem and truly loved you and your family, so Blessed to have each other in your life. Thank you for sharing a part of him with us.
Our older veterans are indeed very special, some no longer have family or friends, and just wants to talk and be loved. It reminds us not to forget them as they are part of our history, memories and freedom!
Thank you Mr. Frank you are a Hero!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  3:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Frank sounds like he was a precious soul, and so wonderful that he had your family to love on him.
Love and prayers for you and your family. That always means the most to me, when someone remembers me with prayers. I try to do the same as well as send a card or letter letting them know I am thinking of them.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  3:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Aww, April, so sorry that your world will no longer have the physical Mr. Frank in it. But clearly his delightful memories remain. Makes me think of the great one-liner: "Friends are the family you get to choose." I don't need to be in your drawing though. Your precious story was enough of a gift for me. Thank you so much.
Big hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

"When life gives you junk, make a junk journal."
. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile
April, what a true blessing it was to have Mr. Frank in your life. And I it sounds like he would get a big kick out of you doing a handcrafted gift book in his honor too! I am glad he was able to be a part of your life and a friend like no other!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  4:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies, he was such a hoot. Life should definately be celebrated while we are here on earth, that he taught me. Every little thing, highlight, good deed, loving friends and family, accomplishment...all should be celebrated every single day. Let no day go by without celebrating something. Bring out that special candle, use that china tonight for dinner, splurge and buy yourself a pretty bouquet of flowers, paint your toe nails and eat that chocolate for petes sake. Life is too short. Time is far too precious.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  7:33:16 PM  Show Profile
My sweet fried, April, I am so sorry for your loss. What a dear man, Mr Frank was. You blessed each other! I totally agree with you about celebrating every day!! Life is too short and just never know what will happen. Spending time with family and friends and telling them how you feel is most important! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Lacey
Chapter Guru

160 Posts

Rea
Davis Ca
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  8:45:34 PM  Show Profile
April tha was such a wonderful tribute to you friend Mr. Frank. He was a very lucky man to have you in his life and that you stood in contact even though he was miles away. It is always interesting what we can learn from our elders when we take the time to listen. Hugs to you April.

Rea Nakanishi
Farm Girl Of The Month Jan. 2022
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
– Pablo Picasso
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  10:15:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies, but "I" was the lucky one. He was an amazing man, so full of zest, and history. My goodness, he was a WWII veteran - not many of those historical veterans left on this earth. So much knowledge and history gone. I pray he is resting in peace now. He surely deserves it.

His kids have not yet posted an obituary. They've not yet reached out regarding any services. I doubt they will. Breaks my heart.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2023 :  6:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Debbie! I know you will put the journal to good use! :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2023 :  6:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much April, I am so honored to get your journal honoring Mr. Frank. I will always treasure it.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2023 :  7:30:10 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Debbie, what a treasure and honor to have this journal. Mr Frank served our country well through three wars!!

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  12:47:01 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy and honored to share April’s Junk Journal to honor Her Mr. Frank. It is absolutely Beautiful April and I love it!
And I will treasure it always to honor a very Special Veteran Mr. Frank!
Thank you so much for sharing his story with us. I will fill in a couple pages with your story of the time you knew him and the photo of the two of you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  1:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Stunning job April! Blessed are you Debbie!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  1:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  2:35:06 PM  Show Profile
So beautiful Debbie and April!

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  2:36:24 PM  Show Profile
April, that turned out beautiful. Great work.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies, you are all so sweet. Debbie, you are the sweetest to include pictures and my memories of him in your journal, I almost did that, but then I didn't because I wasn't sure you would want pictures of some strange man gracing the pages of your junk journal. Although, Mr. Frank was a total HOOT and you would of LOVED HIM, TOO!! Thank you all for allowing me to share my Mr. Frank with you. Love makes this world go round, even after if our loved ones have passed. I think it's up to us to keep their memories alive. Love to you all.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1418 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1418 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2023 :  6:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Gorgeous job, April!! :)

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2023 :  1:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Dearest April - they say that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I believe that you and Mr. Frank came into each others lives as a blessing to each other. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us & I am so pleased to be able to put a face to the name you have so often talked about during our coffee dates. Your love-inspired junk journal is gorgeous and I am certain that Debbie will enjoy it and treasure the memory of Mr. Frank as you will.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2023 :  11:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Happy Heavenly birthday to my dear Mr. Frank.
(These photos were taken on his 94th birthday (2020) just before COVID went gangbusters, hubs and I took him out to sushi for his birthday lunch)
He's 97 today - I'm sure he's enjoying his snort with Mr. Glenn Levitt and raising a happy ruckus up there! He was always good at that. Love you, Mr. Frank.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Feb 28 2023 11:14:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2023 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Happy, Happy Heavenly Birthday Mr. Frank. I feel like I know you thanks to your girl April you are a very special man.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2023 :  2:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Such a gorgeous photo of you and Mr. Frank, April! I'm sure he's smiling down on you right now!!

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Debbie Fischer!! Love Inspired Junky Journal Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page