Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 NANCY JO! Scrappy Taggy Junky JJ Gift-away!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic NANCY JO! Scrappy Taggy Junky JJ Gift-away! Next Topic  

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

Monday, January 23rd,

I randomly drew from the bowl of names this morning and NANCY JO was drawn!!

Nancy Jo, please send me your mailing address and I will get your junk journal mailed off this week.

Thank you to all you ladies for expressing interest in one of my hand made junk journals. XO

Well, when you struggle with anxiety, sometimes you need a little something to keep your hands busy, so I crafted a handful of scrappy, junky, taggy, junk journals awhile back. Because I'm overflowing a bit, I would love to gift one away just because! (Oddly enough, I don't like to use my OWN junk journals, I love to use onescreated by others, ones I've received as gifts or that I have purchased from Etsy, the addiction store.) But, I do love to make them. :-)

If you're interested, please leave a message in the thread below on what you love about a junk journal, Do you love to use them, make them, give them away, record daily thoughts, or family history, use as a travel journal, a recipe keeper, etc. Please share! Perhaps your sharing will inspire other junk journal lovers for the new year! Or, even inspire someone NEW to junk journals!

For those interested, I will enter your names into a bowl, and draw one name randomly. I mail out same week. Sign ups through January 23rd.

Happy Junk Journalling -and- thank you for sharing inspiration here, lords knows I've needed it recently! xo

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Jan 23 2023 11:25:54 AM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  10:16:47 AM  Show Profile
PRETTY HARD to not be interested in "A SCRAPPY,TAGGY JUNK JOURNAL".
So April I would love to have my name in that bowl.
Hugs Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  10:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love the junk journals for their uniqueness. I have a couple and can look through them and see different eclectic additions every time I open them. My creative media is fabric, not paper; those who can do so much with paper fascinate me.

I'd love to be added to your giveaway. Thank you for offering.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 04 2023 10:35:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  11:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Please add my name April. I find making Junk Journals to be very relaxing and I enjoy personalizing them for who I am making them for. To let that friend know how much I appreciate them and their friendship. Made with love from my heart.
Thank you April for your generosity.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  12:59:06 PM  Show Profile
I am always in awe at the creativity of anyone who can make a Scrappy, junky, tangy junk journal!! Please add my name to the draw. I see them as a piece of artwork!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  6:43:09 PM  Show Profile
April, you’re so sweet!! What a great idea to share the love! :) I love junk journals because their is no right or wrong way to do anything. The process is more important than the outcome…just being creative.

I am lucky enough to already have an April created junk journal…so please leave my name out. I just wanted to share what I love:)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh April please add me to the drawing. I am new to junk journaling, but have made a couple. I love the fact that “anything goes”, just letting your creativity flow as you go, lol. I enjoy seeing how others create them to get new ideas. My last one was truly junk, because I decided to see what I could make with one day’s worth of junk mail and a piece of cardboard from a cereal box. It was a challenge but interesting.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2023 :  09:17:51 AM  Show Profile
April, I'd love to win a junk journal you made! I LOVE your style and you make such beautiful creations!!! I'm new to junk journals, but here's what I plan to do with them. I have a little one from Karen that's dairy themed I want to put some recipes in. I am hoping to make one for some herbs. I'm getting into growing, drying, and using herbs (for cooking, tea, medicine, etc.) and I thought it would be nice to have a junk journal rather than a notebook to write notes in. I'm thinking that if I had lots of pockets and tags I could rearrange the tags as I need to - say for the ones that are ready to dry, or group ones that I want to mix together for tea, or some I'd like to try growing in the future, etc. We'll see if I actually get time to get it made LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2023 :  11:15:57 AM  Show Profile
I love all your comments and ideas and that you love the creativity and scrappiness of a junk journal. Nancy Jo, I love all your scrapbooking you do, so much love and comfort in the creations you share! Heather, I love how you are wanting to branch out with junk jounralling into recipe books and note taking. I find so much love and comfort in a junk journal, junk notebook, junk recipe book, junky planner, junky travel journal. Anything with bits of paper, ribbons, tags, notes, tickets, pictures, history, emotions, memories, is all down my alley and speaks volumes to my heart. You should see my desk!!! I have pens and papers, notebooks, jourals, mustard jars, my fathers wooden box, little trinket trays full of odds and ends, my favorite little lamp with it's shade all decorated with decorated clothes pins hodling up tags, ribbons, my grandfathers dog tags, little bits of art created by friends and farmgirls, my grandmothers tea cup filled with my lip balms. a clay bowl my oldest son made me in pottery class in highschool filled with pretty post it notes, address lables, glue sticks, it's over flowing. It would appear messy to most, but I find so much comfort sitting at my desk, working or crafting. Junky is beautiful!! I have you all in my bowl!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2023 :  4:29:07 PM  Show Profile
April, thank you for introducing me to Junk Journals. I had never heard of them until you presented me with one of your incredible creations. I am thinking I might try and put one together as a recipe keeper for my niece who is currently undertaking culinary studies. It's also a great way to capture memories of a loved one - my Mum will turn 70 in 2 years, so a Junk Journal of memories could be a great gift idea. Oh, how the mind flows with creativity!!

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".

Edited by - AussieChick on Jan 08 2023 4:30:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2023 :  08:50:12 AM  Show Profile
I would love to have my name in the bowl for one of your beautiful junk journals April. I love filling them with memories.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  05:16:07 AM  Show Profile
Junk journals can be anything you want. A keeper of memories, treasures, sayings, photos. Please add my name to drawing. Thank you April.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2023 :  12:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, ladies, I love that you all love memory keeping as well... I usually have 3 or 4 going at one time for different things. Another idea.... keep a running junk journal/scrap book as a growing up keepsake for a child... I have two going - one for each of my boys. Along with a timecapsule for each of my boys, I just add to them as they grow and will one day hand them over to them. I plan to do the same for any grandchildren that may come my way someday. Meanwhile, I have created time capsules for my god daughters and nephews... and each year as I send a birthday gift, I also include something special that mom can insert into their time capsule they will receive some day. I'm crazy sentimental that way.

Cindy, Julie, Marlene, I have your names in the bowl! xo

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  3:27:29 PM  Show Profile
April,
This is really exciting, thankyou thankyou!!! I will post a picture as soon as I get your gift.
OH BOY!!!
NANCY JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  3:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nancy Jo, what a lovely gift!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1116 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1116 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  3:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nancy Jo!!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  6:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Nancy Jo!! I’m sure you will LOVE the journal April sends your way!! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  12:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Nancy Jo! You are going to love April's junk journal.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  05:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Happy for you Nancy Jo. Enjoy!

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nancy Jo! I just know you are going to love your new junk journal!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Nancy Jo!! You will have so much fun with April's Junk Journal.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic NANCY JO! Scrappy Taggy Junky JJ Gift-away! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page