StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2022 :  1:02:03 PM  Show Profile
It happens to us every summer. I get up in the morning, walk into the kitchen, turn on the light and see a column of ants. I cleaned like crazy. I used to use my mother's never fail sugar and borax bait but last year it failed. I tried every ant bait available and none worked. Finally when cool weather came they went away. This summer was blissfully ant-free until last week and they were back again, more than ever. Cinnamon worked temporarily but is a big mess. DH wanted to call an exterminator but I have had an organic house and yard for 35 years. My daughter said she sprayed orange oil around her house and it worked so I mixed CitraSolve 1 to 4 with water and sprayed the ants. They were gone the next morning and haven't returned.

If ants are your problem, give it a try. CitraSolve 1 part to 4 parts water. The plus is everything is really clean and smells good too.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2022 :  1:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Judith. We get ants as well and I have tried so many different things and nothing works. I’m going to write this down for next summer when they will be back.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2022 :  11:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, that's pretty interesting. And just as an aside if you happen to be into junk journaling. Spray colored magazine pages (especially National Geographic) with CitraSolve and let dry. The wet ink on the page does wacky things and you end up with some really interesting stuff for making collage pages.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

"When life gives you junk, make a junk journal."
. . . .jean pici
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2022 :  9:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judith, when we lived in Moorpark CA,, I swear our home was built on top of a Ant Hill!!
Wish I had known about the Citrisolve

But good to know for next year…

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page
  Try This:  Ants! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page