Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What's your favourite casserole recipes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's your favourite casserole recipes? Next Topic  

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

345 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
345 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  1:55:02 PM  Show Profile
My husband's aunt & uncle are coming to visit us in July. His aunt is allergic to gluten and dairy. I was thinking of making a casserole, accompanied with rice and steamed vegetables. Does anyone have a favourite casserole recipe to share?

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2022 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I'm sorry but I can't help you because all the casseroles I make have pasta or sour cream and cheese in them.

Hugs, Sara "FarmGirl Sister" #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2022 :  10:46:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, I guess technically it's not a casserole, but it's quick and easy and would meet your dietary needs. Put nice meaty chicken thighs in a large baking pan along with halved red potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and oregano or Herbes de Provence. Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. Turn everything over and make a space to add asparagus, coating them all over with the seasoned oil. Add a little more oil if necessary. Bake an additional 25 minutes When you don't have dairy restrictions, liberally sprinkle feta cheese over all when you add the asparagus. But it's delish without too. Add salad and dessert and you have a nice dinner.
I like to serve this when I have company because it's not very labor intensive and only messes up one baking pan in preparation, so I can spend time visiting with my guests.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

345 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
345 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2022 :  2:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jean! Sounds like a great idea.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's your favourite casserole recipes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page