Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Revival of the Mini Apron Swap - Patriotic Theme
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Revival of the Mini Apron Swap - Patriotic Theme Next Topic
Page: of 6

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 24 2022 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOO HOO! Thank you, Andrea. Just need to hear from Marilyn and Karen!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 24 2022 :  7:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!!! Mine will be going in the mail tomorrow. I have had a horrible cold and am finally up and moving. :)

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 24 2022 :  7:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear you are under the weather, Karen. Get well and then you can mail them.

WOO HOO! You still have time, Karen. Just let me know when you send them. You, Andrea, and Wanda are the 3 new ones to this swap. You will LOVE the mini aprons. They are very addictive!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on May 24 2022 7:51:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 25 2022 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Andrea - I'm hoping your minis will be here tomorrow - they are scheduled for Friday delivery but so far every package has been a day early.

Wanda - Your minis arrived today!! YEE HAW!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 25 2022 4:45:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 25 2022 :  6:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I mailed mine out today. I emailed you the tracking number!! I’m excited to see what I get in return!! :)

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 25 2022 :  7:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nice - I'll be on the lookout. Getting closer to distributing and mailing out.

Marilyn had machine problems and i'll be getting hers next week - probably around the same time I get Karen's.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - May 25 2022 :  7:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo! Sounds like the mail is getting back to normal!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 27 2022 :  08:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Another Yee Haw! I received Andrea's minis yesterday. They weren't in my box when the mailperson left, but were there this morning - she must have circled back and put them in.

You all are going to LOVE all of these mini aprons. They are all different and so so CUTE!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - May 27 2022 :  09:57:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm excited to see them all!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  3:36:44 PM  Show Profile
This is my opinion...for what it is worth...the best parts of a cruise. . . you do not have to wash dishes EVER or COOK! And you have wonderful food! Now some might say the entertainment and leisure...both were good...but since I was with my sister...you had to WORK... To be first in line, etc..I begged to take a nap and read a book...BUT NO!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on May 28 2022 3:38:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  5:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have received all minis except those from Marilyn. I should receive those soon. All are very cute! You will love them!

One thing - only Debbie, me, and Grace remembered to put our name on the minis. Shame on you! So - - - I will be sending a whose is whose email after you receive them to let you know who made which aprons. LOL! Unless I have time to label all of them.

I got the stamp, Judith. Thank you.

Karen - I think I have figured out how to use the top off your return envelope with the stamps on it and tape it on a larger envelope. I KNOW I cannot get all the minis in the envelope size you got yours in. LOL! You'll see why when you receive them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  6:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I’m so sorry, I didn’t really even think about the size of the envelope. Would you like me to send you another one? Oh geesh…I’m so, so sorry. Rookie mistake. Lol I can also make a label real quick and drop it in the mail…thoughts??

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  7:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I was driving away from the PO when I thought “Aaaggghhh, I didn’t sign my aprons!”
I am so very sorry.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  7:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh sheesh! Sorry -- I didn't sign mine either, but I have no problem with being anonymous.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 28 2022 :  8:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Karen - No please do not send another envelope. I will use one I have and tape the front of your envelope on it.

Everyone - No problem not signing. I will make a cheat sheet and send with the aprons.

Marilyn had a problem at the PO today and she is going to personally mail out her aprons to all of you. I will send out your aprons on Tuesday.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 29 2022 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Woo hoo!! All minis are in their return envelopes and ready for the PO on Tuesday!! 2 of us included an extra mini (some of mine are extras from previous swaps - LOL! I didn't want to waste any minis.) Marilyn will be sending her minis separately, so more farmgirl mail in your mailboxes! I also put names on the back of all aprons.

And - Karen - I managed to get all your minis in your envelope. I squeezed all the air out of the bag and it FIT! Yea haw!!!

If the bags need no extra postage I will be putting your $1 back into the package, so make sure you look when you get them to be sure you don't toss it in the trash.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on May 30 2022 10:50:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - May 29 2022 :  3:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Way Kool!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - May 29 2022 :  3:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Linda -- That you for hostessing with all the attending work and worries. I'm looking forward to receiving mine, names or not they will all be special.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 29 2022 :  6:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Yay for the small envelope win!! Lol. Glad it worked out!!! Can’t wait to see all the mini-aprons!! This was a fun swap!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 30 2022 :  10:53:41 AM  Show Profile
Yep, the plan is to mail mine Tuesday morning. I must go to the bank also.
I went to the P O...of course the one woman who was not busy..is the reason I had been going to Pack 'n Mail Plus...she should never come up front! Her people skills are horrid.
Why did I go there??? Because I was down town, on the way to spend the end of my money for a dab of gasoline for my thirsty car, in hopes it would take me home, and back again on Tuesday.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  3:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Well - let me try this again. I had it almost all written and hit the wrong button. GRRRRRRRRR!

All minis are on their way. I have sent you each your tracking numbers. All should be there by Sat June 4 or sooner. Everyone that sent $1 got it back in the envelope somewhere.

Most return envelopes had too much postage on them, a couple over $1 too much. Since most of the packages were about the same weight, why do some post offices seem to weigh the packages with higher weights than others. I've noticed this before, too. I asked if I could gently peel off the stamps and put them inside your envelope and he said "No." He said I couldn't reuse them. Well -- IMHO -- if I took them off BEFORE I mailed the package they haven't been used yet. Right? I didn't say that - didn't want to start a scene. LOL! Marilyn mailed hers off to you all individually and paid $.88 per envelope which means $6.16 in postage. I mailed all of Marilyn's minis to her for $4.50, but she lives about 65 miles from me in Texas so could have been a bit cheaper.

I'm thinking that for the next swap of minis, if there is one, mailing individually would be cheaper for all, because you are not paying postage twice. Some POs may charge more because they CAN charge more just because they would probably need to be hand-cancelled. My previous PO did this and didn't charge me, but other POs can and do charge if something needs to be hand-cancelled. What does everyone think?

You will love the minis. Please - everyone post a picture in this thread when you receive your minis because several sent all different aprons. We want to see them all!!! And maybe we will interest more people in making minis.

I won't post until at least one other person receives their minis. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  3:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Different postmasters do things differently. Unfortunately ours is a stickler, actually he's an over and above stickler -- he made me pay for an extra ounce stamp because I was mailing an ATC in a regular envelope and he said it might not go through the machine correctly and get all torn up. It actually weighed about ¾ oz. I made fabric postcards for Halloween one year and cost me over $4. to mail each one ( he said they were small packages). My sister mailed hers for the going letter rate. Fortunately I have figured out ways to get around him on the matter of ATCs. Other than being the epitome of postal police he's a nice guy. Other post offices are more relaxed.

I think they invented the sticky stamps so you couldn't soak them off and reuse them. An unused stamp should be allowed to be used. At least stamps don't expire on a given date here like they do in some countries.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  4:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That's what I mean about post offices and their differences. If an envelope is the least squishie, my former PO would hand cancel and not charge me. The machines can damage envelopes that are not smooth and damage the contents, too. They never charged me more for postcards, either. The PO here does, I think. BOO!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  5:08:51 PM  Show Profile
And postage is going up again soon? And they are struggling to remain in business....?
We had a guy who worked at our post office for a long time and because of him, a lot of people started going to the other mail/ups center in town. He was over the top with his rules and regulations. I swear he either had some postal regulation book memorized or just made stuff up as he went to just antagonize people! Thankfully, he got moved to the next town over!!! Now the help that we have in our office are wonderful!!!
I also think if a stamp hasn't been used in any way, why can't it be transferred to another envelope? Gotta love the government...haha!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Maybe they should let Amazon take over the post office.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Revival of the Mini Apron Swap - Patriotic Theme Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page