HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2021 :  08:46:31 AM  Show Profile
Girls---I was going through my old letters and diaries since high school and throwing it all out---I discovered I am much the same. Except I hated black clothing---now I live in it. I always loved animals and loved to read---I was a basic bore. My principal made me work in her office instead of my study hall---and years later I learned she was having an affair with the coach! That is OK because I learned all of the files on the good kids---LOL! They were not so good. I also learned my favorite singers were Mick Jagger and Charlie Rich---Split personality maybe---LOL! Keep on rollin with the flow. Are you girls a lot the same or much different? I was always a rebel without a clue---LOL!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2021 :  09:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Ladies---I was there so she could see her coach and my dumb friend came in after me to do her work. A lot of people in school knew---but not me. I always wondered where they both went and then our coach came in to teach physics high as a kite!!! No wonder I almost failed that stupid class. And I hate physics until this day---LOL!
L

i,

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2021 :  8:40:26 PM  Show Profile
HaHa..Barbara, sometimes it's ok to be clueless...

When I was in my Junior year of High school I couldn't decide on being a Nun or Stewardess... then I fell goofey in love with my future hubby and decided to de neither Nun or Stewardess. LOL!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2021 :  1:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness, I would have to say I'm a lot the same. Probably the only thing that really changed is I’m way more crafty now then I ever was. I also was very die hard on being a child psychologist and it wasn’t until my final year of college I took an architectural drafting class and fell in love. I completely switched gears and went into drafting. But then I learned later on that they only wanted computerized drafting rather than the hand drawn (which is what I fell in love with). Dang technology got ahead of my dreams lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2021 :  3:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Grace--- you would have made a beautiful stewardess for sure. Krista---I think technology ruined things for a lot of us. You have all those beautiful children and I think you are amazing. I wanted to be a social worker and now I realize I would have been too kind hearted for that. I am happy as my farm woman self---never was a people person---so this life is good for me. I think God puts us where we need to be. I always remember I thought I would live here one day at my Grandpa's old farm---and here I am.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2021 :  1:36:11 PM  Show Profile
You know I agree Barbara. Growing up I could have sworn I would live in the busy city and work in the tallest buildings, but here I am on a small farm in the country and I feel like I’m the happiest I have ever been. I love having cows so much and staying home to raise my kids.. And most of all I love the lack of traffic lol. I feel like we definitely end up where we are supposed to. Oh and most definitely there is no way I could have been a child psychologist. I get to emotionally attached and would really struggle leaving work at work.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic change since high school Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page