HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2021 :  6:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Have any of you seen the BBC documentary series Called Seven Up? We first saw it when I was about twenty eight and then I saw it at thirty-five. I forgot about it until I was 56 and I ordered it and again I just thought of it a few weeks ago and now I have 63-UP> It is a documentary of British school children started at seven in 1964 and then they are filmed every seven years. It is so wonderful---especially for me because I was seven in 1964. Would love to know if any of you love it too. I am so excited to soon be watching the 63 one---but oh so awful to realize I look as old as they do---LOL> anyway---it is a great reality show spanning the years since 1964!!!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2021 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Barbara I have never heard of this series. I too was seven in 1964, and would love to watch. Is there a way to access the older episodes?

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2021 :  7:29:12 PM  Show Profile
I just got on Amazon and looked it up---They are sold in a set. Not sure if the 63-up is in one. Ours was mailed from England and you have to have a special DVD player to play it in the USA. I learned this from ordering from BBC before. Just get on Amazon and type in the Seven-Up series and see what they have. I think you would love it---I cannot imagine myself so young and it is fun to see. Lots of info about this series---just look up! Hubby and I are a great fan of British TV and have many comedy shows. This seven up series is fun because as they change---I see the changes in myself---I think we all age so much alike.

Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2021 :  7:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the info, I will definitely look this up! I have enjoyed several BBC series through the years.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2021 :  08:35:22 AM  Show Profile
I saw this series on the BBC and it was very interesting!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2021 :  10:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Barbara I have never heard of this series. I too was seven in 1964, and would love to watch. Is there a way to access the older episodes?

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2021 :  11:06:30 AM  Show Profile
Ladies---I finally got to see 63 UP and it was depressing. Hubby made me watch it all from seven years old and each night I felt myself growing older and older---LOL. Finally at 63 UP Hubby said this is worse than a horror movie---can we bear to watch it---L0L again. We did and I have felt OLD and OLDER all week. Since they and I are now 65 it is only five more years until 70 UP---do I dare to watch---of course!!! One man had throat cancer in 63 UP and one man was crazier than I am--just kidding! Only five more years until 70 UP. Time sure do fly!!!

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2021 :  11:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I checked these out. Unfortunately they do not have closed captioning or subtitles . . . so how are us "old" deaf folks supposed to partake. But then after HollerGirl's latest review, perhaps it's just as well. LOL
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2021 :  11:24:35 AM  Show Profile
So true Jean---but it is still a great series. Not really depressing---but the truth do hurt. I am sorry you cannot hear---I can't see well and have cataracts and have macular degeneration. I have 20/400 vision---have had it since eighth grade. Old age do get tedious.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Seven Up BBC series Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page