MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2021 :  7:23:20 PM  Show Profile
Finny finally got his baby brother yesterday! He is so happy and is the best big brother too. They are always cuddling with each other and walking around together. We decided to name the new baby Zeus. He is also very vocal. In Finny's whole month here I have only heard him Moo 2 times. Zeus does it all day long and the kids just love it! He's been an exciting new addition to our family.

Krista

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2021 :  12:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh my what a darling face on Zeus!! I bet Finny is very happy to have a companion too. The photo of your little boy feeding Zeus his bottle is adorable. So cute the two of them!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2021 :  11:24:10 AM  Show Profile
AWWWWWWWW I love your pictures!! Thanks for sharing! so those of us who love farms but cant live on one can share in the Joy!!
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  1:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, isn’t his face just adorable! I love his half and half nose. Finny loves his brother and his mood has become more peppy since bringing him home. Feeding both boys at the same time is a little trying so I have definitely needed his help to feed them.

Connie, I love sharing with you all. Everyone is like family.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  04:20:21 AM  Show Profile
How sweet! I bet they will be best of buddies, Finny and Zeus! Love when the children get involved and enjoy helping. Adorable pictures Krista.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  11:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, my heart is absolutely melting! Congratulations on expand the family, Krista! Zeus and Finny must be so happy to have each other - they are just so adorable!!! I just love seeing them! Please keep us up on how they are doing! I will love hearing about them growing and all the funny, entertaining things they do!

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  12:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Denise, the kids go out with me every time and are always helping with one thing or another. It makes me very happy seeing them work so hard and feeling proud of what they do.

Nini, I for sure will keep you updated. It’s too exciting not to share. Zeus is now a week old and getting around so much better. Won’t be long until they are playing with each other. We still need to get Zeus a halter so we can talk him for walks as well.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4086 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4086 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  03:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Good luck with the new baby! You can put Finny on the bucket, he is plenty old enough. (That is what we called it) Back him in a corner, straddle him and have your milk in a bucket. You will have to put your hand under his chin and give him a finger to suck and lower your hand and his nose into the milk. Will take a few times, but he will get the idea. It will be easier to feed him that way. (just a warning...You might end up with some cuts on your finger, those teeth are sharp.)

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Michele. We have actually given Finny water from a bucket so he already knows to drink from one. We have struggled with Finny’s eating for awhile. He has a sensitive stomach and any time we make changes to his feeding he will stop eating all together. So we are giving him time before we decide to put his milk in a bucket. It would make things a little easier but Finny has been finicky lol! We have let Finny suck on our fingers from the start and we haven’t had a problem with teeth, but he has bitten my calf before and that definitely caught me off guard. Was not a fun feeling. Hopefully we can keep making progress with him!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  1:38:55 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe it's already been over a month since we got Zeus! He has been such a tremendous blessing for Finny and really turned him around. Everleigh has become quite attached to him and its so cute watching her walk him around. Both boys are getting so big and so smart! Finny has started on some hay and Zeus has become a fan of it as well.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  7:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Krista! SOO adorable, but mostly, I CANNOT believe how grown up Everleigh looks! What the heck!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  10:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Krista. How adorable! I wish you many happy years with your adorable fur babies. They are way too cute. Your kiddo's are adorable too, and growing up so fast.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  8:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! How precious!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2021 :  1:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Tell me about it Lisa! It makes me so sad how fast time has flown.

Thank you Marcy. I still have my hopes high for a Scottish Highland! We have been really looking into them, but boy are they pricey.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  08:17:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm so happy to hear things are going so well for you and your calves! It's great to see your kids enjoying them. They are adorable together :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  1:53:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Heather. That dang Finny was sure giving me troubles at first, but I’m so happy to see him doing so good now. Zeus is just the calmest little guy. While I’m convinced Finny needs a chew toy lol. He is always trying to suck on my hands or arms as well as my shirts and pants. Not one day goes by that I don’t have his goobers all over me.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Finny has a brother! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page