Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Gotta Luv Embroidery Machines..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Gotta Luv Embroidery Machines.. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  8:28:37 PM  Show Profile
With my close up vision getting worse,, I just don't enjoy hand/cross stitching as I use to...
I pared down my bin of cross stitch kits and a lot of my cross stitch paraphanaila,,,(stuff)...
That is why I am sew enjoying my Embroidery machine..
The patterns are easy accessible and a lot of times I can be multi-tasking while my machine is stitching away..
I have several binders, with those clear sheet protectors,, I print up the design info, photo and color chart for easy access..
I do a lot of test patterns to sew how they turn out..
here a few I just did recently,,

Since I still have a week or 2 before I can really get out and work in my garden,, I think I will continue to have fun with my machine...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  8:30:06 PM  Show Profile
OOPs!,, I forgot to mention, the camping design is a small deco pillow... the soccer one is a 'flag' to hang,, the sewing one is a key fob and the gnome is a wine bottle bib...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Apr 22 2021 8:32:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  09:45:49 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful Grace! Do you change any recommended settings such as tension, speed, automatic jump stitch cutting etc.? I seem to have trouble with wording in particular. Also I have given up on doing distowels and the like as the back side never seems to come out neat enough for me. Jump in on this Kathy, too. As I know you used to teach machine embroidery for Bernina. I'd appreciate any tips. My eyesight is also diminishing more rapidly than I would like, so machine embroidery projects are quickly becoming my go to craft. I particularly like in the hoop projects that finish up complete usually with no (or very little) hand work to finish. I have now even discovered double sided tape to finish the opening when having to turn a project inside out. I still haven't found a way to do binding entirely by machine as you, Grace, can attest to from my feed sack pot holder.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  2:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Grace, the gnome with wine is my favorite! He is so stinking cute! At first I was thinking you made it into earrings. It would also be a pretty design on some kitchen towels.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  6:15:00 PM  Show Profile
Krista.. yep,, gotta luv them Gnomes...

Jean, I don't do terry toewls.. but I have done some cotton towels,, but I agree,, not crazy about the back side.
I don't mess with the tension, but I do switch needles depending on the thread, especially metallic thread..

I usually make a demo before I commit to the design,, as 2x now I have bought patterns that did not do the outline stitching correct. Grrr!

But still like playing with my E.M.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  9:27:55 PM  Show Profile
If you will try stitching on BadgeMaster OESD, or some other clear heavy wash away stabilizer you should be fine with toweling. I hoop one layer of stabilizer then use 505 spray glue and lay the towel down unhooped, then cover your design area with another layer of regular wash away, which will then hold up your stitches so they aren't buried in the pile of the towels. This should work for you. Don't mess with the tension, use an 80 needle.
I don't know what kind of software you are using but unless you have editing function you likely won't be able to correct the outline problem.
lesson one LoL
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kathy and Grace for the tips. I have a supply of cotton dishtowel blanks and like to make them for hostess and shower gifts. Main problem for me is sloppy looking backside. My machine is a Viking Designer Brilliance 80 and I love it. My embroidery patterns of choice are Viking, Kimberbell, HoopSisters, and Accuquilt GO Embroidery. I'm currently working on a really neat in the hoop journal cover. Will send pix if it turns out OK.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Gotta Luv Embroidery Machines.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page