Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!
 Jubilee Giveaway from MaryJane-WINNER!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Jubilee Giveaway from MaryJane-WINNER!! Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  10:50:24 AM  Show Profile
I am excited to post a giveaway from our MaryJane for the 2021 Jubilee. She is giving away a copy of her Outpost book which is filled with all sorts of ideas for enjoying the the outdoors. There is something in this book for everyone and you will just love reading and getting inspired to plan more outdoor activities as the weather warms up for everyone.

If you would love to win this book, add your name below and tell us about your favorite outdoor activity. Are you a camper? A Glamper? A hiker? A backyard star gazer? Please let us know! MaryJane's Outpost book full title includes "Unleashing your inner wild". What is your inner wild?

Sign up will go through April 23rd and I will put all names in a basket and draw a winner on Saturday April 24th. If your name is drawn, I will need your full mailing information to send to the MJF Home Office so that they can mail you your book.

I hope you will join in the fun and I look forward to hearing about your outdoor fun!

I am delighted to announce our winner today for MaryJane's OutPost book. A big congratulations to Becca, becsbecaw, from Elsie Michigan!!!

Becca, please send me your mailing information so I can forward it to the Home Office for mailing out your book. I know you are going to love it!!

Thank-you all for jumping in and sharing your stories of favorite outdoor fun and I will be sure to let MaryJane know so she can stop by and read what you posted when her time allows!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Apr 24 2021 08:33:45 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, that's a wonderful giveaway and you know how I like giveaways. Thanks MaryJane. I'm not signing up because I'm not an outdoor person (never have been) and wouldn't put the book to good use. Hope you have many sign-ups and let the fun begin.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:30:02 PM  Show Profile
I already have this book so don't enter my name but I had to tell everyone that my favorite outdoor activity is farming LOL!!! But this is a great book - like all MaryJane's books :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  7:42:14 PM  Show Profile
My favorite out door activities,, other then kayaking is sitting outside my wee trailer, with my gal-pals and a lovely glass of wine and some munchies.. preferably by the lake or river.

Thank you MaryJane for your generous give-away gift.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, MaryJane and Winnie! How fun!

We love walking at the local park by the lakes daily - winter, spring, summer & fall; sunshine, rain or snow! There is nothing like it - fresh air, all the sights of the woods and by the lake. Every season brings something new to see! In the winter, people are out on the lake ice fishing and skating; in the summer there are pontoon pedal boats to enjoy. And watching the birth, life, passing and rebirth of all the flora - it's just life affirming! There are MANY parks in our area like this. We are very blessed. There is one about an hour or so from here up in the mountains that has a conservatory full of all sorts of native plants and trees. They have outdoor classes that teach you what to look for, and then you can go out and find live examples in the woods to see everything as it should be in nature!

We also live by and enjoy visiting a Revolutionary War battlefield that is now a park with Native American named trails, picnic areas and a lovely field where you can soak in the sun or play frisbee with the dog in the grass. They also have a great little historic center and museum that packs a wallop of information in as well as educational classes about local flora and fauna. Their book shop is amazing. You can find all sorts of books teaching Native American languages and history, American history in general, historical cookbooks, you name it. Love it there!

My husband's family owns docks on one of the major rivers, and it's a favorite family summer gathering place. When we were younger, my husband really enjoyed water ski-ing on the river. I never was brave enough to try. My brother-in-law really liked to take things into high gear, and having my contact lenses slowly slide out of my eyeballs was plenty exciting enough! LOL! (Just kidding!)

Back home in New England, I loved horseback riding, sailing, boating, fishing, and visiting the oceanside rocky cliffs and coastlines. I get so homesick for the ocean sometimes that on a windy day I will sit outside close my eyes and imagine the sound is that of the seashore. It gets me through. ;) (We have fishing here at the lakes, but it just doesn't hold the same excitement for me as saltwater fishing.) When we were kids we were also big into ice skating, but now that I'm older, I'm a bit rusty and don't like the idea of slipping and breaking! LOL! We also were really into going out into the woods at my aunt's and uncle's farm to pick wild berries. She made the MOST amazing wax-sealed jam. One time we were invited out into one of her neighbor's fields to view the moon and stars with a high powered telescope. It was AMAZING. It was as if you could reach out and touch the moon. One of the best childhood memories. Highly recommend it!

One thing I've always wanted to do is geocaching, but I haven't had time. It is a favorite summer pasttime of my foster kids and grandchildren. I love seeing the kids eyes get wide and tell me all about their adventures and the treasure they find! They have SO much fun!

We are really big about poolside cookouts with family and friends here at home; but my husband and I have always enjoyed picnicking. When we were first married we didn't have much money, so on our anniversary we would load up a big picnic basket full of cloth table linens, china and crystal and fancy breakfast foods like waffles, strawberries, whipped cream, eggs, bacon, coffee and mimosas. We would take our feast over to a local park and set up in a grassy knoll overlooking the water. We always had such a wonderful time, and as years went by, we continued the tradition, going so far as to incorporating our fancy picnics at the local zoo or farm! I guess you could say we were really into "glam-picnic-ing!" LOL.

Oh! And on the 4th of July we loved going up to the North Shore of Boston where my husband's aunt and uncle live. They would take us out on their boat into the harbor where we would enjoy a lovely afternoon of sunshine and sandwiches. As day turned to night, we would greet all the other boats coming out to meet us. Suddenly a cannon would signal, and all the boats would go dark. Everyone would lie on the deck facing the sky and watch the most incredible patriotic fireworks display you could ever see, ashes falling all around us and everything! Best 4th of July memories, ever!

I guess we're pretty low key as far as outdoor entertainment; but we truly do appreciate the incredible garden God has given us, whichever part of it we happen to be in! :)

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Nini - I love the picnic tradition you and your husband share!! We've had a lot of picnics on the tractor fenders but it's never with the fine china LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4892 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4892 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  12:22:35 PM  Show Profile
My favorite outdoor activity is Flower and Vegetable Gardening done on smaller scale now as I've gotten older. I love Outside! I stayed outside as a child until I was made to come inside! LOL!
I wish I could release my inner wild and climb a Tree again! LOL!
Its why I was drawn to become a member of Mary jane's farm, to be connected to those who love the land! While in this season of my life I can't do as much as I would love to, I so enjoy reading and seeing pictures of those who can!
This Hosta is 25 years old and the Iris are as old as me, 64! I transplanted these from my Grandmothers in 1976 for my first Home and moved them in 1987 here to the country where I live now. They are so special to me! My Granny planted them the summer I was born, May 1957
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  9:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I have to laugh, I too would like to channel my inner child and climb a tree,, but, then you'd have to call the Fire Dept., to rescue and get me down out of the tree!!! lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  07:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank You MaryJane and Winnie for a wonderful give away. My favorite outdoor activity is gardening. I love having my hands in the warm earth.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

becsbecaw
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Becca
Elsie MI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  12:38:22 PM  Show Profile
What a fun giveaway! My favorite outdoor activity is hunting! My husband got me into hunting, and now I spend much of my free time in the fall in a deer stand! There is something special about working hard to harvest your own meat, and knowing exactly where it comes from and knowing that it lived a natural and humane life in the wild.

-Becca
Farming in MI
Sister # 8348
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  10:09:27 AM  Show Profile
These area all wonderful outdoor stories and yes, they sure do change as we age!! " The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be!" LOL!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

becsbecaw
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Becca
Elsie MI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  08:43:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Thank you so much, Winnie and MaryJane! I am so excited to add this book to my library - I already own MaryJane's Idea Book.

Winnie - I responded to your message - let me know if you didn't receive it.

-Becca
Farming in MI
Sister # 8348
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  08:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Becca, I got your message and thank-you!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  10:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Becca,,, soon as you get your book,,, have fun and let us know what type of camping mischief you get into.. heeheehee...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  8:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!! Congrats Becca!!!!!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

becsbecaw
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Becca
Elsie MI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  04:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies! I am very excited to check out the "how to build a tree swing" guide in the book for the Knotty Farmgirls Merit Badge! I am sure there are so many great fun ideas in the book! Happy Jubilee!

-Becca
Farming in MI
Sister # 8348

Edited by - becsbecaw on Apr 26 2021 04:19:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  3:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Becca! Enjoy your new book! I can’t wait to see your tree swing. And good luck with your badge.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  6:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Becca! It is a wonderful book.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  05:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Becca!!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4892 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4892 Posts

Posted - May 02 2021 :  1:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Because!
Grace, that's exactly what works happen to me also! LOL!
Connie#3392
Go to Top of Page
  2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Jubilee Giveaway from MaryJane-WINNER!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page