Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2021 :  08:28:26 AM  Show Profile
This is all completely nuts... Is the Post Office giving any rational reason for all of this?

So the other day, I received an entire fistful of mail for a house ten doors down - where was mine? I called the Post Office and miraculously got through. She said just put the envelopes back in the mail, marked "wrong address." I started to tell her about that crazy postal worker jiggling my door handle, and she stopped me mid-sentence, informing me that taking this report was not her responsibility, and that the postmaster had just gone to lunch, so I should call back another time. ANOTHER TIME?! Are you KIDDING ME? You can't take a lousy report or have HIM call ME back??? Ugh.. Then this past SATURDAY our next door neighbor, whose house has been on the market for MONTHS, stopped by to check on the house. She came over and handed US a fistful of OUR mail that had been sitting there for God only KNOWS how long! Our house number is right on the front of the house, clear as day. WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!

We have also been having days of no mail here and there...the neighbors have confirmed that it's not just us.

Funny thing is, my husband's insurance agent is trying to get us to save money by having his prescriptions mailed directly to us instead of going to the pharmacy. Uh uh..no way! NO WAY!!!

Just remember, we're all in this together... I can only imagine what it's like for the innocent postal workers who are doing their jobs - or making an honest effort to do them - right?

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2021 :  09:40:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh My Stars! I just isn't getting better any time soon.
Sadly, I still have some mail MIA.. including my 'Test' letter I sent to my house..

What ever happened to Pride in a Job well done!
I am tired of shoddy work being blamed on COVID-19.. Sorry, I don't buy into that excuse! This has been going on well before COVID started..

What ever happened to accountability & Pride.. It saddens me that we have become a Society of, "blame it" on someone/thing else!
UUHG!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2021 :  10:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Back in 2019, Ed and I were on a cruise and he had his mail on HOLD. When we came back it was to be delivered. It didn't show up on the first or second mail day after we returned, so he went to the PO. They looked and said they didn't have it there. The next day the mail was in the mailbox - put there in the middle of the morning (and mail didn't usually come until 3 or later). It was a stack of mail 8 inches tall and bound with a few rubber bands. It had been put in someone else's mailbox. Give me a break!

It has only gotten worse all over it seems. And it is always someone else's fault - no one will take responsibility.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2021 :  10:19:08 PM  Show Profile
It is getting much worse. Two weeks ago I ordered something from Portland Oregon. I checked the tracking today. It is in Fargo North Dakota. I live in northern
California, 700 miles south of Portland. Why on earth was my package sent 1500 miles east to North
Dakota?
I wish Amazon would deliver the mail. The USPS doesn't be able to do it anymore.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2021 :  08:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yes. I got a new library card at the local library yesterday and they said they had to Mail the card to me to verify the address. I said good luck, that we have been having trouble getting all our mail. Since it is local, I'm hoping it gets here. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  3:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My postmaster is about to get an earful in the morning.
The USPS strikes again! I package that was supposed to arrive Saturday and didn't was Out For Delivery, according to my daily Informed Mail email. I picked up my mail at the mailbox at about 4:15 pm No package in the box and none at my door. At 4:45 pm the posted tracking information said "Delivery attempted. Unable to Access location." I was SITTING in my living room looking out the window at 4:45 pm, and no US Mail truck went by. I have a feeling he/she was running late and did not want to get out of his truck to bring the package to the door, so he delivered the mailbox mail and then later, down the road a bit, posted that there was no access. This is ridiculous. They always leave the packages at the front door.

This is completely unacceptable, and though I doubt anything will happen to the driver, I am going to talk to the postmaster.

GRRRRRR - I AM MAD!
PS: I have a doorbell camera, and at no time did he/she walk up the walk to try to deliver the package.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 22 2021 3:54:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic P.O. strikes Again! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page