Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED ***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic
Page: of 9

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  11:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm so glad you like Pearl, Sheila. I had fun adding things to her. Here are pictures of Pearl, the Dotee Doll I made for Sheila.

Front

Back

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 13 2021 5:35:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7514 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7514 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  12:08:01 PM  Show Profile
I love her legs! Pearl is beautiful!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  12:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Darlene. I used a piece from an old cutter quilt for the front, and I called those her patent leather Easter shoes. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7514 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7514 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  4:06:49 PM  Show Profile
How cute!
Nice work!
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  4:13:52 PM  Show Profile
aww pearl is such a cute lady!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Linda-Granny of 10 for my Sweet Dotee! I have never gotten one before! I love her hair! and thanks for the Vintage Buttons, I use them a lot! and the yummy treats and your sweet card was a Blessing! Farmgirl hugs!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Granny of 10
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Linda
Salina KS
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  4:26:41 PM  Show Profile
So glad you got her,you are very welcome.Big hugs and blessings to you too!!

We live by Faith,not by Sight 2Corinthians5:7
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  5:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
This has been a fun swap. We all now have a new something to make - Dotee dolls. LOL! Love all the ones shown here.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7514 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7514 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  5:47:13 PM  Show Profile
What a cutie Dotee doll Connie!

So fun to see all the different ones?

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  6:47:03 PM  Show Profile
This is my beautiful Ruby made and given to me by Judith Baker.'She is so pretty and I have enjoyed her for a few days as I was overcome with "Covid 2nd Shot". Ruby and the gifts were such a delight for me. Thank you, Judith and Ruby.
Very much appreciated,
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  6:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Another cute Dotee. So cute.

Sorry about shot reactions. I had reactions with my first shot; second scheduled for March 24. Hope I do better with it.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  7:22:57 PM  Show Profile
I did great with the 1st shot, just a tender upper arm but the 2nd one I had on last Tues. and boy did it ever do a job on me. Makes [:)me wonder how I would have survived the real thing? Oh well, I am alive and thankful I got the shots.
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7514 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7514 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  11:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Ruby is cuuute!
Love her!
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  05:22:45 AM  Show Profile
Kathy I'm so sorry you had a bad reaction like my friend did.

These dotee dolls are so cute!
I did not join in because I had so many swaps in the works and had fallen behind.
Next time I should be able to participate.

These remind me of the tiny prairie/ homestead dolls that my first graders made during our pioneer unit one year. I of course made the "bodies" and stuffed them. They then had to add face, hair and clothing...of their choice. They were about 6" tall and 1 & 1/2" wide. I also made little bags with one handle so they could carry them, and perhaps keep them a bit cleaner!
My reason for doing those little dolls was because people who came west in the 1800s had to make their own toys. Dolls were made from corn husks, but they've aren't very soft and cuddly.
Also what better way to take little ones to church, than to take along a quiet baby doll or cover.
We were going to a small country church when the kids were little. I made several little cloth church toys and "books" so they could sit quietly.

I love your dotee dolls. Each one is so special and so very cute!!!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  12:30:33 PM  Show Profile
I love all the dolls!!! Such a creative group!!! Each one is so different! I would love this Swap to be done again!!!

My doctor was worried about my reaction to the Covid Shots. He said many patients have had a bad reaction to the Second shot. He is having me wait to have the Johnson and Johnson shot since it is only 1 shot. I might be getting it this week. The district I work for is trying to hold a clinic with that shot if they can get hold of it. We are on a waiting list for the doses. We should know by Thurs. morning. I am nervous - I am horrible with needles and I always have reactions to shots. Plus I am just nervous about leaving the house. I have to get better about that.
Life has to go on eventually...

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  12:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait for a repeat of this swap. I have "Ananya"'s dress and face all ready to assemble just as soon as I decide on a hairstyle for her. How fun . . . I've decided that all my Dotee's will be twins. So I can keep one and send one.

jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I read an article today that says that women get more reactions to the COVID vaccination shots than men, in fact, of those having reactions, 80% are women. Why are we the lucky ones. LOL! And this is true for other vaccinations, too.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  2:28:19 PM  Show Profile
I go for second shot (Moderna) on Thursday. And, I absolutely refuse to get a reaction as I simply have too much to do to be under the weather.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4334 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4334 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  2:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Each and every dottee is so unique and have their own special personalities!! I just love these!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Ida
My Dotie is about to be born. So ... be expecting her soon!!!

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2021 :  8:16:21 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Madelena

Ida
My Dotie is about to be born. So ... be expecting her soon!!!

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

Hi Mary,
I will be looking out for it. Have you not yet received yours? I sent it within a day after partners were posted.

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  06:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Ida,, Love the Wall Art Dotee awesome. And little sister ..soo cute.

Will try to post pics later.

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  06:43:17 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  09:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Interesting idea, IdaJane. So cute - both of them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  10:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Have any of you heard this: if you take the covid vaccine, then die within 12 months, your life insurance will not pay off. I heard it again this morning. You

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page