Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED ***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic
Page: of 9

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2021 :  2:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Mine was made by hand too.

It is done.
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

Granny of 10
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Linda
Salina KS
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  07:11:17 AM  Show Profile
I only see one Linda on the list lol,and I am a Linda also I hope I am going to be added as I am starting my Dotee this weekend. I shave so many ideas lol.

We live by Faith,not by Sight 2Corinthians5:7
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  10:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am a Linda, too, and yes, Ida Jane needs to add your name to the list.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  11:22:32 AM  Show Profile
I hope this swap will continue as I'm already planning my next Dotee :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  11:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
lol! THEY ARE CUTE

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  12:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for joining, ladies - I'll be sure to include y'all when I post partners.

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  3:13:41 PM  Show Profile
Same here Judith!! I'm so in love with these little cuties and ALL the wonderful possibilities!!

Thank you Ida Jane!!!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  3:59:28 PM  Show Profile
Haven’t started mine. Been dealing with bitter cold. Just got our electricity on a noon on Thursday from a power outage Monday.. Hang in there. She will be born yet.

When do we post partners..

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2021 :  10:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Stay Warm Everyone! I can't wait to find out who my Partner is. My little lady is eager to know where her new home will be!
I had so much fun making her! This would be a fun swap to do again!

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  1:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Madelena - where in Texas are you? Luckily our power ddidnt go off and only one pipe froze minorly - we got it thawed and kept heat on it in the nights.

Texas has had it BAD! And I saw articles saying we were a few minutes away from a TOTAL shutdown of power. Not good, at all.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  1:36:51 PM  Show Profile
I read somewhere that Texas has it's own power grid separate from the others in the U.S. Is that correct? If so, is it more efficient? As I understand it, the rest of the grids sort of "support" each other, but Texas stands alone and isn't connected to the others for support during outages. That sounds ominous.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  1:43:56 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I just read that Texans receiving their power bills are in shock over the enormous price hike. My heart sure hurts for everyone out there. I know of one family member of a friend who has 27 blankets to keep her warm. I also saw a picture of a frozen fish tank. What can we do to help??

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  1:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jean -

I hadn't heard that, but you are right. Lots of talk now about why they should NOT have gone off the grid. ERCOT supplies the power and ONCOR delivers the power. ERCOT CEO said a week before this hit that they were prepared for cold temps and all power stations had been checked. I guess his managers don't know what "READY" means. After a bout of cold weather in 2011 there were supposed to be major additions to the power stations so this would never happen again. NOT! And some of the wind turbines in west Texas froze and production was reduced by at least 40%.

My house uses electricity for lights and small appliances, but our HVAC, stove, and water heaters are gas. Some people have only electric in their homes. However, the igniters are electric. LOL!

My son's house is all electric, and had their electricity 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off for 5 days. Their water was off for a while, but now their water is trickling and they have to boil water. My DIL says it is coming out of the faucet green, and even through the kitchen sink filter it is green. They are having to use some of it for the animals, because they are getting dehydrated. Some won't eat the snow and their outdoor faucet is frozen. Temps are in the upper 20s today, so hopefully it will thaw. My son found some more bottled water near where he works.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 20 2021 8:14:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  2:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Dianna -
That is true. Some people who were not on a "contract" with an electric provider, who signed up with Griddy and other carriers who charge a variable rate that is adjusted daily, are getting bills in the thousands. One man on the news had 3 different locations: house, office, and guest house. His usual bill was around $300. His bill now is $14,000. Even a small house can now have a bill over $1,200. I don't know how people will be able to pay these bills. One woman's bill for an empty house is $4,000 right now; she has to keep it on so the pipes don't freeze. People are saying that Griddy (the wholesale variable rate provider) called them a couple days before the freeze and told people to change to a flat rate plan and when they called the other providers they weren't taking new customers until the 20th or 22nd.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 19 2021 5:29:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  2:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear heavens thats outrageous Linda!! Hopefully they can get some sort of assitance??? Thats just so crazy!!
Oh I'm so sorry for your son and his wife! Gross, green?
This makes me want to get a solar powered generator to have on hand, as well as water and necessitys!! This is scary stuff! No one was really prepared for it were they Linda??

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  4:50:32 PM  Show Profile
That’s crazy! What do they think people are doing it’s their electricity? How horrible!

Wow!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
People were not prepared for it, and neither, it seems, were the energy providers. We have been 233 hours below zero (not continuous) but 139 continuous below zero. The record was 295 continuous hours previously.

Our normal temperature for this time of year is 60 degrees; we will be there starting Monday or Tuesday. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 19 2021 5:32:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  6:53:06 PM  Show Profile
I feel horrible for all of you dealing with this! Being cold is the worst! Worrying about the warmth of your family and water for yourself and your pets. Is there anything that the rest of us can do to help?

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  7:00:25 PM  Show Profile
Pray
And hope that there will be help for those people with those outlandish electric bills! That is just wrong!
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all. Lots of people in the NE seem to think Texans are sissies because they deal with snow and cold every year. This was not just cold, it was unusual cold and something southerners are not used to. I grew up in Illinois and my husband in Michigan, but people here do not know how to drive on snow or ice. Ed helped push someone who had cut a corner to short and his rear wheel was off the road. Ed told him to "rock" the car - go between drive and reverse, drive and reverse. The guy looked at Ed with this WHAT????? look so Ed had to talk him through it. It worked, but none of the 3 other uys pushing or the driver had ever heard of it. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

Granny of 10
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Linda
Salina KS
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  08:02:01 AM  Show Profile
I have a son in Gary TX and he is a trucker.He cant even get out because of the snow and ice to get to work.Thankfully he had a generator but since he couldnt get out to get more gas he had to conserve running time.No Teaxans are not sissies that is true.Also have other family and friends in Texas who are going through so much without water etc and those that do must boil it.My prayers are for ALL Texans...a tough and resiliant people.

We live by Faith,not by Sight 2Corinthians5:7
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  5:36:35 PM  Show Profile
I sent Patsy my address.

Hugs
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank uou Ida Jane. I have Jill's address already! Will mail out Wednesday next week. I've got appointments Monday and Tuesday! Oh Jill, I hope this brings you some springtime inspiration!! ( hint, hint!!)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Not Sissies at all!!! It is about not having the Plows, sanders/salters etc. Generators and stores with prepped items for Stores. When My Brother in law moved from Upstate NY to NJ He was surprised the First winter when his boss called him and told him not to come into NYC the first winter storm because they were not going to have work because the storm was 2 inches and everything in the City was shut down. When he was telling my Husband about it, he was saying how crazy that was because up here they don't cancel school for anything less than 5-6 inches... But my husband was saying to him about the Plows and people not used to driving and not being prepared.
At the end of the day - it is about caring about each other! It is awful feeling that there are people out there in danger, without what they need, essentials for basic safety and comfort. I hope I haven't offended anyone by saying up in Upstate NY we were prepared for the Storm or it wasn't bad for us. I didn't mean anyone in Texas or the South should have prepped better. I was just saying since this is the type of Winter storm we get we are lucky enough to have had the municipalities to have the plows and salt and sand to take care of the Roads and we were lucky to not lose Power. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I have been worried about everyone. I have a Brother in law and Sister in Law and Niece in Texas.

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  8:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have emailed my partner for her address. I'm still working on the Dotee doll and should be done soon. I've been having fun thinking of what to do.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Dotee Doll - February Swap ***PARTNERS POSTED *** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page