Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Sporty Farmgirls
 Songs for my running playlist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Songs for my running playlist Next Topic  

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  3:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farm Sisters - I was fortunate enough to get a new sports watch for Christmas and I am able to play my music through it via bluetooth speakers. So, I am updating my running playlist and thought I would put it out there for any suggestions of your favourite upbeat music to motivate and energise me as I run! Look forward to your suggestions.
Cindy

Farmgirl #6058

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  6:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy - I'm not running as much as I used to but my music always depended on my mood. When I was feeling good and going for a run through the pasture and woods I seemed to run with Elvis. When I was running on the road or not feeling very motivated to run it seemed I turned to Miranda Lambert or Sugarland a lot. I don't have a lot on my MP3 player though.

I'm not sure how you get your music but I've been doing some workouts on youtube by Pamela Reif. Most of them are pretty upbeat and she advertises that you can get her workout playlists here: http://wmg.click/GetActive Not sure what is costs or anything but it might be something to look into.

Happy running!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  5:17:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather! Some great suggestions there. I was able to listen to Pamela Reif's playlist. I can then pick out the songs I like and purchase them from itunes. My itunes account links straight to my sports watch.

Farmgirl #6058

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  7:41:11 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a nice watch to have for running! I bet it's easier than trying to hold onto an MP3 player or having it fall out of your waistband when you're tired of holding it LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  08:26:51 AM  Show Profile
I have a couple different play lists based on my moods as well. I recently discovered that I get Amazon music with my Amazon prime membership.

I have a hardcore type run playlist with heavy metal type music which I don't normally listen to but it hypes me up. Marilyn Manson, Kid Rock, old school house music - really a big mesh up of music. Then I have a more laid back one for days when I'm just enjoying being out there. That one has disco, old 70's songs and some more recent artists like Foster the People, Lovely the band.

I'm going to check out the link Heather posted - looks like I can listen on Amazon music! Fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  12:10:58 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Heather, I do like that I no longer have an MP3 player cord dangling from my pocket. I used to find that it would pull as I ran and eventually the ear pieces would fall out of my ears. It took me a while to find blue tooth ear buds that I liked. I ended up getting some Jaybird wireless sport headphones and so far they seem to be working ok.
Thanks for your ideas Deb! I actually quite like Foster the People & Lovely the Band. I might add some of their music. I've got some old 60s & 70s too.
My most recent favourite running song is "Dance Monkey" by Tones & I.

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  5:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm still running! My goal is to run a marathon for my 40th birthday in July. I'm gradually adding distance and, so far, on track to complete the 42km. I'm not sure what organised events will be on in July - many have still been cancelled due to COVID restrictions. Either way, I have found a great rail trail in Victoria that I would like to run on (& hubby will be on his bike as my support vehicle). If State borders are closed again due to COVID, then I will run on our local Brisbane Valley Rail Trail. We're currently in Maryborough, QLD, for a few days, so this morning I went for a run out of town through the cane fields. It's a great way to see the surrounding scenery.

Farmgirl #6058

Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Songs for my running playlist Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page