Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 February Card Swap in Memory of Portia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic February Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic
Page: of 3

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2021 :  3:08:10 PM  Show Profile
He’s doing pretty good. In a nursing facility getting some physical therapy. Not sure when he will be ready for discharge. I try to visit him every day. And we’re getting the house ready for his discharge pretty soon. Open heart surgery really is hard. I think heart disease runs in his family because he’s always been fit and athletic when he was younger.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  8:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Can’t believe our weather this next week. Was in 70’s a day or two ago. 60/50’s rest of this week and beginning of next.... THEN. .Going down to the teens. - — twenties and thirties at starting Feb 11th. Maybe a snow flake or two. Hmm. More likely to get ice than snow in Texas. Everyone gets to stay home and nap!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  2:12:03 PM  Show Profile
Temp in Iowa right now is 3 degrees with blowing and drifting snow. We have 5 ft drifts next to the driveway. Had to use 4 wheel drive to get back up driveway after leaving an hour today Would gladly take 20s or 30s.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  2:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie and Mary for great cards.

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Hubby is doing well. Still tires easily. Gonna get out of NH Rehab next Wednesday. And go back for his second Covid shot on that Friday.
He’s excited to come home. His dog will be beside himself to see daddy after over a month. Cat might complain that he’s sleeping on his bed. Ha Ha!!

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  2:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Connie sent me a pretty Valentine card. I won’t post a picture yet...to make sure others are surprized.
Actually sign up is still open....

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  3:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Lenora for cute card. Good to know your husband is coming home soon Madelena.

Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  8:36:44 PM  Show Profile
Did the new list of addresses come out yet?
I hope I didn't miss it.
My cards will be ready to mail out this week.

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  06:01:01 AM  Show Profile
No..No.....ThE SIGN UP IS STILL OPEN UNTIL FEBRUARY. 12.......

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  2:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I did a Boo Boo on January card swap. I posted pics. Forgot to wait till the end. Im so sorry!

I mailed out my February ones because they were Valentines. Still checking back to see any other names that may join.
Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Well, my hubby is FINALLY coming home from the nursing Home Rehab tomorrow, after having open heart surgery in early January.

My girl friend surprised me by coming over and cleaning the house from top to bottom. WOO,HOO !!!
It’s been a quiet month with me and his doggy and my kitty. Miss Molly (dog). will be soo happy to see her daddy !!!!
( shhh.The cat won’t care... he just likes food)

So. My cards are almost ready... the Almost part is that they are buried somewhere on my crafting table. It’s been a year.. albeit a short one so far.

I pray that all of you and your love ones are staying safe and healthy. Mary

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2021 :  7:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Connie,
Thanks for the sparkly valentine, loved the ribbon too.

Mary,
Hope things are going well for you with your husband back home now. Bet he got
quite a welcoming from the kitty and dog after all that time.
I mailed out my valentines to the regulars and will wait to receive the list on the 12th
that has the new sign ups.
We are due to have anywhere from 2" to 13" of snow over the next 3 days. Our home
is in a higher elevation area so we usually get more rather than less. Should be all gone
by Sunday evening so that's good news.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  05:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Great Linda... I bought some valentines yesterday and now I’m looking for them. Ha ha. Probably left them in the car.

David’s home and loving it. Most notable is his total lack of energy ...not just from the surgery but being bed bound for so long. He is doing well and is fairly independent with his walker. I got him an awesome electric chair that helps him explore different comfortable positions. He loves it!!! (I done good :-)
So, doing good..

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marlene for the pretty card and bookmark! I always love your little poems inside!
Hugs! Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  7:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Mary, that is great news!! continued prayers!
Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  12:50:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Mary that is such good news. I know you will both be happier now. Slowly his energy will return. Walking with the walker will help. You did good with the chair.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  12:53:01 AM  Show Profile
my valentines will be late. Too much time was spent trying to get ready for this big winter storm.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  08:59:56 AM  Show Profile
I Am Officially Declaring The Entire Month Of a February as Valentine Month. Mails those Valentines and Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa....

Gonna send out addresses to day. If you keep a record of frequent participant start using those...I know a few if you do.

My car is literally encased in ice...and I would have to stand on a sloping icy drive way to try to scrape enuff off to open a door. Might order delivery Pizza for lunch.
God planned Ice and snow event for Monday...and likely Wednesday in Cen-Tex. One Reason I live in Texas was to get away from the lake effect snow in NE Ohio.
Most of electric is out at my house...think we had a power surge...Heat still working. A few wall switch’s too.

Stay warm. I hear Santa’s planning a Bermuda vacation next week. I think I’ll go with him. Enjoy... your Swap!!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  11:00:00 AM  Show Profile
Linda Terry, got your beautiful Valentine today!
Connie#3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Nora. I got your pretty hanging Valentine!
Connie#3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  5:02:10 PM  Show Profile

BECCA.... email rejected the email address I have for you. Please. Update your address.

Anyone else know Beccas address please email me.

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2021 :  3:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Could/Would someone email me the list, Madelena and I are playing tag while I am trying to get my email address to her - rtelecky@mchsi.com

Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2021 :  5:36:10 PM  Show Profile
Gail - I just emailed you the list but we all need your address.

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  06:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I created confusion by coming to Florida to help with my Mom's care. My address here is: Gail Telecky 560 Key Largo Drive S Titusville, FL 32780, thanks for the list Niki.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2021 :  09:06:10 AM  Show Profile
49:degrees in house.... no electric for a few days... wrapped in triple layers of clothes and blankets.

ICE STORM..SNOW...DANG COLD DAY or so...REPEAT TONIGHT....thru THURSDAY

3-4 inches of snow fell over iced drive and roadways.... probably until Sat or Sunday when this mess melts.

Cards too be mailed next week...Send all complaints to Jack Frost via. North Pole. #129420;#129420;#129420;#129420;#129420;

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic February Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page