Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Congratulations to our new FSOTY!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Congratulations to our new FSOTY! Next Topic
Page: of 2

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  3:00:32 PM  Show Profile
I want to send a huge shout out to our new Farmgirl Sister of the year! Congratulations Cindy Kinion (AussieChick) on being selected for the year 2021!

Cindy grew up on her family farm in Australia and after a few years of traveling and living in different places, she has settled back in Australia with a farm of her own. She is also a registered nurse and hopes to use her skills to help those who are less fortunate. Cindy has completed 10 Merit badges and the Outstepping Badge has been her favorite so far. Cindy also enjoys making lists and then checking items off of her list!

Be sure to read all of Cindy’s wonderful story in MaryJanesFarm Sister Issue!

Congratulations Cindy! Enjoy this wonderful year!

Krista

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  11:07:43 AM  Show Profile
Awesome! What a wonderful way to begin the year!! Huge happy congratulations Cindy! Looking forward to reading your story and congratulations again!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  11:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy -- what a great honor.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  11:13:34 AM  Show Profile
Amazing story Cindy. Congratulations . . . you set quite a benchmark for Farmgirls. Loved reading about your journey.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
From one nurse to another, Congratulations Cindy! Wonderful to meet you and looking forward to reading your story. Enjoy your year!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy for being named Farm Sister of the Year!!!!

We are so Happy for YOU!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  12:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy. Have a wonder year.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  6:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your kind words! It is so nice to be surrounded by like-minded farmgirls. My New Year goal is to eventually achieve the Sharpshooter merit badge (earning 200 merit badges). Yes, that means I have created "yet another list" of the badges I would like to work towards. I am having so much fun since I got my Merit Badge Planner. I am putting the challenge out there! Let's see who can get their Sharpshooter badge by the end of 2021!
Blessings to you all from hot & sunny Australia!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  6:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Cindy!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2021 :  1:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, that is an awesome goal to have! Good luck. I really hope you can reach it! One day I will get there lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2021 :  4:36:45 PM  Show Profile
Sending Cindy lots of Florida sunshine soaked Farmgirl Hugs as our 2021 FGOTY!!!Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading all about your interesting life and look forward to hearing more about all that you are doing. Enjoy earning those merit badges too!!

Have fun, enjoy your reign here at MJF and keep us updated on what is happening over in Australia!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  9:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Cindy! Your story was so inspiring! Have a wonderful year!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy!!! AWESOME!!! Enjoy your year!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2021 :  7:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Cindy,, Congrats on being the MJFGOTY
Have fun and get into lots of farm girl fun!
:>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 27 2021 3:49:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  12:04:11 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to thank MaryJane for allowing me the honour of being the 2021 Farmgirl Sister of the Year. It was a delightful surprise and it truly reignited my participation in the famrgirl sisterhood. During my 12 months as Farmgirl of the Year, I wanted to give back to my fellow farmgirls, so I committed to writing follow up cards to some of our newest members for 2021. This has been so rewarding as I have made some great friendships along the way. I also set the goal of attaining my Sharpshooter merit badge. I am almost there with 171 badges. This process has been so much fun. I have developed new loves (Bakeovers, photography, Cambodia, reading biographies) and reinvigorated some old loves (quilling, my gratitude journal, watercolour painting). There have been badges that have encouraged me to connect with members of my community and others designed to improve my own health and wellbeing. Congratulations to all of the merit badge achievers for 2021.
I will now pass the baton on to the next deserving recipient, and I wish the Farmgirl for 2022 much joy and happiness.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  05:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  07:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow, what an awesome privilege Cindy. Don't know how I missed that but belated congratulations! Well deserved!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, you have such a beautiful spirit - I love hearing how so many of the merit badges that you completed have provided you some sort of inspiration to re-ignite and better yourself in ways that only Mary Jane could encourage us to do. She always has a special way of "reminding" us who we are. Your words have encouraged me to re-ignite my merit badge path as well, hoping to be graced with the same inspiration as you have shared. I believe I may only have two merit badges completed, but it's a start! I lost my way again these last two years as my dad was terminal and I lost him January 19th, nearly a year ago. Time to recharge my batteries, re-discover my path and my inner truths again. Wishing you a beautiful new year!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, you have been an amazing Farm Sister of the year. I have really enjoyed reading all about the badges you have been working on and I can’t wait to see the new ones you will accomplish next year. You are a huge inspiration and I hope to have as many badges done as you in the future. You will have the Sharpshooter Merit Badge in no time!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Cindy on being chosen! Enjoy your special year!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  08:59:08 AM  Show Profile
Cindy - Congrats again for being the 2021 farmgirl of the year. It has been wonderful getting to know you on the forum. I appreciate you sharing your life in Australia with us. The photos are amazing, the silo paintings were incredible!, and hearing of your running a marathon to celebrate your birthday is inspiring. Not to mention all the tid bits of info you've shared while working on your badges. You're an amazing farmgirl.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  12:25:50 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, Have a great Farmgirl Year !

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion has been our Farmgirl Sister of the Year for 2021. "I want to thank MaryJane for allowing me the honour of being the 2021 Farmgirl Sister of the Year. It was a delightful surprise and it truly reignited my participation in the farmgirl sisterhood. During my 12 months as Farmgirl of the Year, I wanted to give back to my fellow farmgirls, so I committed to writing follow up cards to some of our newest members for 2021. This has been so rewarding as I have made some great friendships along the way."

Our 2022 FSOTY will be introduced in our Sister Issue arriving in your email inbox January 1, tomorrow morning!

I'll post a link here also in case for some reason you don't get an alert w/link.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  08:43:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, 2022 arrived here with a snap, crackle, drop. It's 8 degrees below zero this morning. I'm going to print this photo for my office wall to look at when it hits 100+ degrees this summer.

As promised, here's a link that introduces you to our Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2022, Candy Hogan!!!!

http://www.farmgirlsisterhood.org/MJFSisterIssue/NewsletterImages/2022-01.pdf

Also, a l-o-n-g list of new and renewing Sisterhood members and the badges we've earned in 2021. It's impressive, no it's amazing. Plus, new 2022 badges.

Grab a cup of of something warm and read through the many pages, letting it inspire you as you ponder your goals for 2022.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  11:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Candy Hogan! I hope you enjoy a wonderful and blessed year!!

A fantastic sister issue and congrats to all our new and renewing sisters! This forum sure has grown over the years since I joined 14 years ago.

MaryJane, I am so grateful for this forum and all the women you have brought together and all the friendships forged here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile
A big Shout out to Candy Hogan from way over here in Florida as our 2022 Farm Sister of the Year!! What a year it has been for all of your many badge accomplishments too!! Congratulations and enjoy your special year!!

It was wonderful to read our new Farmgirl Sister issue today and learn about all the wonderful badges Farmgirls have earned this past year. It is mind blowing!! Congratulations all of you for all of your hard work too.

Denise, you stated it perfectly about how important this forum is to so many. I joined in 2010, I think, and have enjoyed every moment and met so many kind, caring and wonderful Farmgirls here.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Congratulations to our new FSOTY! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page