jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  6:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Nik, what a beautiful story! True love is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  7:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, that one DID make me cry Hammah Nik. What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing.
Big Farmgirl hugs for your soon to be anniversary.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  09:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I just joined the Sisterhood in April, 2020. Where do you find out who becomes Farmgirl of the Month? I have looked but can't seem to find out where to get that info. I would appreciate your help.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  09:39:43 AM  Show Profile
The next Farmgirl of the Month is chosen by the previous Farmgirl of the Month. I was chosen by a sister I had swapped with and communicated with on the Over 50 Farmgirl Thread. I had participated in and hosted a couple swaps. The one action I did was to help a friend set up a new home after her building had been totally damaged by fire. Just keep doing what you are doing. Someone will notice and grant the award.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  5:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Joan -- Marie pretty much answered your question about FGOTM. There really are no rules or particular "qualifications". It's pretty much just a personal choice made by the outgoing FGOTM.

Everyone -- I spent my afternoon today working on a prototype for Scrap Happy . . . I got it finished and it needs a little tweaking, but I like it. . . . that's the good news. The bad news is that I will have to make 8,000 of them for it to put a dent in my scrap basket, oh my.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  6:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Jean, where can I find Winnie's post on "Making Do"?

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  6:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan -- in was in the Across the Fence thread. I went back to find it and re=read it. It is such a great message, I am "reprinting" it here in it's entirety. Very fitting for our Scrap Happy Swappers me thinkks:

"Oh my!!!!! I am honored to be chosen as our January FGOTM for 2021!! Thank-you Nichelle for your very kind words and I am happy that my original postcard felt welcoming to MJF. Our “Farm”is a special place filled with beautiful, talented, and loving Farmgirls. My hope is that every new Sister member will feel welcomed to join and participate at whatever level they feel comfortably doing. We all have enjoyed your sharing of family and interests this past month too. It is our diversity that makes us all unique and whole. We all pull forward the gifts and struggles of our family heritages to help make life better for the current generations. MJF is a great example, I believe of this action in real time.

Thank-you again for the surprise honor of being our FGOTM as we usher in a beautiful new year! I am up for new adventures and some old fashion fun.......aproned up as MaryJane would say!! I love a good apron, don’t you?? When I put mine on , several times everyday, I feel like a Farmgirl despite the fact that I live in an old suburban neighborhood. But, I wallpapered my office space to look like a LogCabin because I always wanted to live in one. Aprons and pretend cabins......Yep, imagination is everything!! LOL!! Of course, those that know me also know that apples are always close by , and in abundance!! And added to that, I have the farm name here of Red Tractor Girl, but I have never driven a tractor , let alone a red one. However, I was given a Farmall toy red tractor at age 4 when my Dad did some research for the company. I played with that toy tractor for years and years and loved it dearly. So, in my mind, of course I have driven a red tractor!! With my hand pushing it on the floor!! LOL!!! I am a strong believer in the “Make Do” policy. Not all things are possible in life, but sometimes you can get real close when you make do with what you have. I also think Make do is very Farmgirl oriented. Many of you who do live on a farm with animals know all about making do sometimes to get by to a better place.

I am putting on my apple fabric apron today to celebrate this honor! WooHoo, let’s have some fun here together. Please share with me how you “Make Do” . I would love to know some of your best answers to making things happen as best as you can."

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  06:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Jean! You are right, that is a great post by Winnie. She is in the fabric swap that I am in. I will have to check out the Across The Fence thread and do more exploring of threads. Thanks again.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  10:28:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh my where to begin. Amazing stories of how couples met! Happy, emotional, exciting and fun all at the same time. Here is how I met mine.

He came knocking on my apartment door and announced he was selling Jewel Tea products door to door and would I be interested in buying anything. Well I looked at his products and signed on as a customer. At the time I was divorced and had a 2 year old son. Eventually, he asked me out even though it was against the rules. We dated for a time and he was reassigned to another area to far away for a relationship. During the next few years I had met someone else got married and had two more children. My first husband died from leukemia caused by Agent Orange used in Vietnam. He was a very abusive man and came close to killing me and our son. He did get his life together later and accepted Christ as his Savior. He was only 38 when he died. Difficult for my oldest son. My second husband had an affair and didn't want me, the kids or the house. We were in the process of a divorce when one Sunday morning I came home from church and decided to call the parents of the Jewel Tea man to see how he was doing. I had never met them, but new where they lived. I looked up the name and called the number. The Jewel Tea guy answered the phone. He was house sitting for them. We talked and he came over the next day. We picked up where we left off. He and I had both gone through a lot and became better people for it. From that day on we either talked or saw each other every day since. We didn't go out in public on dates at the time, but got reacquainted and the kids got to know him. Well a few months later the divorce came through on December 7th. We planned our wedding for the 14th. Even sent out a few invitations to family only. Yes! it was cutting it close. I knew from the beginning God was guiding it all. The kids and I would have a someone that loved us all from the start and we loved him. My husband had been in love with me all that time in-between. Our wedding was 30 years ago this last December. As far as my kids are concerned their Dad is the one who has been there for them through everything since they were small children and a young teenager. Life has been very good the last 30 years. The Jewel Tea man is loved very much!

Also, I would like to keep doing this Swap every other month too! I have tons of scraps and lots of ideas.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  11:44:55 AM  Show Profile
Awwwww, Brenda . . . I'm a "third timer" too. And it really HAS been the charm for 37+ years. Good story. Thanks for sharing.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  12:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Love your story, Brenda! Actually, my husband is my 2nd & 3rd husband so you, Jean & I are in "the third time around club".....lol.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  12:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Well ladies, my romance is not as exciting. I am the oldest of 6 children, me, 4 brother, then a sister. I grew up living just 5 or 6 blocks from the boy who would be my husband. I did not know him, but my brothers did. We were Catholic school kids and he a Public school kid along with his 2 younger brothers, so it was not unusual that we did not know each others before high school. We had different groups of friends in high school, and we really didn't meet until my Senior year and his first year of a local vocational school when we both had part time jobs at the local Red Owl Store. He gave me a ride home one evening and we began dating. To my surprise my brothers all knew him, so they were ok with our relationship, we married young, me right out of high school, I was 17 and he 18. Eleven years ago at the age of 59 he passed away due to pulmonary fibrosis. Too young, but we had a wonderful 40 years and he left me with 3 great children, 7 grandchildren and my 2 daughters in law and one son in law. I was blessed.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  1:06:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gail, thank you so much for sharing your bittersweet story. Lots of good memories.

Farmgirls -- It seems many of you would be interested in keeping Scrap Happy going for a while to relieve our scrap baskets of their burdens. So please tell me what you think of this idea -- it would be a monthly activity but with a twist. First month swap with a partner. Second month OPTIONAL challenge to make something for yourself or a friend/loved one, such as make a Valentine gifty for your DH or a new "something" for yourself. Third month swap. Fourth month another optional challenge. You can post photos of your optional challenge projects . . . . Let me hear your thoughts.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  6:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Everyone has such wonderful Love Stories! Finding your soulmate is the best! True love is worth it!!!
I think that is a great idea Jean! I like the idea of swapping every other month but an Optional Challenge every other month too!

Fun!

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  7:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a great idea, Jean. The optional could even be just to finish a UFO.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile
I love that Idea, Jean! I and my scraps are all in!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  04:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful love story Nik!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile
These love stories are wonderful. Loved reading through the thread and reading them. I can't commit to this swap this time but maybe next time around.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  07:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good to me!

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Well Jean and Joan guess we have something in common lol...as a kid I wanted to be married to the same person for at least 75 years. It didn't happen, but I'm happy. Wouldn't change anything. God is so very good!

REAL LOVE stories are wonderful!

I agree. Switching from Swapping and optional each month sounds good to me.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  7:30:48 PM  Show Profile
All righty then . . . the response has been awesome. So we will have a sign-up every other month for a two-month activity. First month a Scrap Happy swap. Second month an optional scrap happy challange. So those of you who are signed up for this one -- your February optional challenge is to make a scrappy item for a friend or loved one and post a photo. I already know what I am going to do. I will make a fabric valentine for my DH. Will post a pix when it's done. Can't wait to see what you all come up with. But remember, don't let yourself get overwhelmed -- the challenge is optional and just for YOU personally -- no farmgirl partner. You can choose to not do it if you prefer. I will post another 2-month Scrap Happy swap/challenge for March/April. Woo Hoo. . . . this is fun!
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  8:20:59 PM  Show Profile
So, no partners this month. That's okay . . . I guess. I was really looking forward to giving my project to a farmgirl.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  9:45:58 PM  Show Profile
OK, Marie, let me try that again. I guess I didn't make myself clear. This is the first month of the Scrap Happy Swap. Partners WILL be posted this coming Sunday, January 17. I gave you a month to send your creation by February 20. But you have an optional challenge to make something personal for February. I will post the next swap for March/April probably on February 20 and will adjust the timeframe a bit to make this all work more smoothly. Hope that clarifies things.

Keep those beautiful love stories coming Farmgirls. They are wonderful.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  08:01:56 AM  Show Profile
AAAaaahhhhh! Okay, duh. Um . . . yeah. Sorry, I am about to turn 60.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  11:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I just read every love story...amazing! I enjoyed your stories so much!
When I left for college...I remember well the words from the older women at church..." Now honey you go make good grades, new friends...and you get yourself an MRS degree!" To which I said, " what is an MRS degree? I'm going for a BS degree!" Well the first lady told me the answer!
Did anyone say the same thing to any of you!
College in a small town in 1961 was very different. Every evening the ROTC Marched through the old campus chanting! We crowded the upstairs window to see what the heck could make so much noise! Then one evening we heard these words, "MAN IN THE HALL!" Later one of the girls downstairs told us what that was all about. The Dr. Pepper man came to fill the machine,(which iced the Dr.Pepper and there was nothing better!)
In February, one evening, we were studying in our rooms, when someone knocked on the door. The message they brought was that all of the boys were gathering up the hill...because they were planning a panty raid, and we needed to get ready. Stupid kids! Eventually the boys disbanded and someone called an all clear.
My roomie and I then made our way to another dorm to ask some questions of our friends who were upperclassmen...sophomores.
The three old clap board buildings were connected to a big big room and our BRick dorm was connected to.the big room also.
There were 300 girls and 900 boys, my freshman hear. Only three old cars were parked in the girls parking area. Seems to me that about a dozen boys had a vehicle there.
On Friday afternoons I was amazed to watch as 298 girls loaded into old cars, or pickups so they could ride home for the weekend. My roomie and myself and the dorm mother were the only females left on campus.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Scrap Happy Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page