True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  07:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Tired of boring, flavorless rice?
Tea can boost the flavor profile of your grains without any extra salt or seasoning. Simply place a leftover tea bag or two in the boiling pot of water and let it do its thing. Then cook rice as usual. You’ll be left with a subtle tea flavor that’ll fool your family for gourmet. Jasmine green is very nice.

Make a Face Scrub
When your face needs a little TLC, pop open a tea bag and exfoliate away. While tea is typically digested, it can also be used on the skin. Tea is said to help shrink large pores and provide a healthy glow. Simply pour the contents into a bowl and add 1 heaping teaspoon of honey. Gently rub the mix onto your face in circular motions. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Tone Your Skin
The tannins react with proteins to tighten your skin pores. So if you’re looking for a mild astringent skin toner, peppermint and green tea , a moist tea bag is an effective and inexpensive remedy. You also can make the tea, cool and pour into a small spray bottle and refrigerate, spritzer on it feel wonderfully refreshing especially in warm weather.

Neutralize Odor
fridge: Out of baking soda? Used tea bags can work just as well to absorb odors. Place them in a dish in the back of the fridge and compost after a couple of weeks.
Garbage cans: give the house an unpleasant, lingering smell. Tea bags to the rescue! Neutralize odor by dropping a few leftover dried tea bags at the bottom of your garbage cans. Bye-bye, bad odor.

Make Affordable Air Fresheners
Skip buying pricey air fresheners. You can make your own good-smelling sachet in minutes. After you’ve brewed up a cup or tea, allow the tea bag to dry. Next, add 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil to the satchet. Hang it in the laundry room or place in your dresser drawers.

Relieve Swollen Gums
I bet you didn’t know that tea can also help heal your mouth. Yup! Dentists have recommended black tea bags for a temporary remedy after tooth extraction because they help stop bleeding, shrink swollen blood vessels and kill some bacteria. To treat gums, simply press a cooled wet tea bag against the gum and surround the tooth. Keep it there for 5 minutes.

Reduce Puffiness Around Eyes
Allergies, too much salt, and lack of sleep can leave you with puffy, swollen eyes. To help this, soak two tea bags in warm water and then pop them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool. Place one bag on each eye for up to 5 minutes, and you’ll see the puffiness slowly disappear.

Repel Pesky Rodents
Mice don’t like the smell of peppermint or tea, so peppermint tea makes a natural repellent. Collect a few leftover peppermint tea bags and steep in hot water. Then add a drop or two of dish washing liquid. Pour into a spray bottle and use around the nooks and crannies of the house to ward off unwelcome visitors.

Compost:
Toss used tea bags into your compost piles or around shrubs and perennials to give them a nutrient boost. The tea will decompose releasing the much-needed nitrogen for your plants. Flowering plants that need a lot of nutrients will be particularly appreciative.

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Deborah
jersey farmgirl

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  10:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, Deborah, I'll have to print this one out. Wonderful tips. Thanks so much.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  11:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Great tips. Thanks for posting!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  09:26:43 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Jean, I am going to print both the coffee grounds and tea list out for future use. I sure could have used the black tea idea a few weeks back to help relieve some of the swelling after a tooth extracted. Thank you Deborah!

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  10:40:21 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you all find this useful

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Deborah
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2021 :  06:27:43 AM  Show Profile
I do the composting and eye puffiness Deborah. Can't wait to try the others! Also tea dies paper in the most beautiful ways!! Thank you for sharing!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2021 :  02:13:33 AM  Show Profile
Thank you . I love the paper dying idea

Deborah
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Amazing Tea Uses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page