texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  5:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun! Okay...so I love makeup and am a girlie girl, even when I am cleaning the chicken coop, lol! So, usually I try to wear all-natural makeup, whatever it is. However, I do like a bit of major glam once in awhile, expecially at the holidays. SO last year, we couldn’t help it. My best friend, my daughter, and I were out shopping last year (in February, I think). All three of us bought magnetic false eyelashes. They were like $10, and they looked so easy. We thought they would be fun to try, like for our Christmas party. Of course, that party did not happen. Anyway, I tried them on Christmas Day and loved them! So, I decided to wear them today, too. All glammed up, no where to go, but we are eating a fun meal and watching movies with the pups! I wouldn’t want to wear them everyday, but how easy! The eyeliner goes on, and the lashes attach that are magnetic! They last all day and easily come off. I am super super sensitive, but they are not bothering me, or bother my contacts. Fun glam for all the zoom calls to family and friends tonight! Anyone else try them? Oh how fun they are!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  6:33:50 PM  Show Profile
I don't do makeup but I am changing my wardrobe. Staying home all the time meant jeans and t shirts every day. I got tired of jeans and t shirts so I am embracing my bohemian self with sari skirts and other colorful garments. Watch out debit card -- I discovered online shopping!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  4:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judith,

I hear ya. I get tired of jeans and t-shirts too. I might be in the chicken coop or outside gardening, but I have my lipstick on, lol! The lashes were fun to wear and really pretty, but not something I would do everyday. I do like to dress in skirts and dresses, too, I have never had a sari skirt, but they are beautiful. I do have a few skirts that are colorful, similar to the sari skirts.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  4:48:16 PM  Show Profile
When I was in college I used to wear colored mascara. I found little bottles that were like sample bottles for a good price and bought one in every color. Green, Red, Blue, Purple...they were very bright and fun! I think the lashes would be fun to try!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  6:36:15 PM  Show Profile
I must admit that about 40 years ago I tried false eyelashes. I had trouble keeping my eyes open. That was my last eyelash experiment. My kids thought it was hilarious.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  7:09:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm so giggling at this post Nicole!! Sara, my 16 yr old is really into glam makeup, tiktoking, hair, nails etc!! She lives doing makeup on me ( although I'm a natural kind of gal) and yes, t hff e fake eyelashes. By the time she finished with me I looked like groucho Marx's sister!! :0. My looks were totally changed and I must admit she did do a great job and I looked nothing like me!
Judith, I'm a 511 workpants and black tshirt gal working on the property all the time! I was feeling very unfeminine this past year being a country gal all the time so like you, I tapped in on my artsy hippie side and bought some colorful dresses and boots. I must admit, dressing up to go to the grocery store is a little much but oh so fun!! Havent gone out in the fake lashes tho. I think I may try the red lipstick while wearing my 511's!!;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  12:34:59 PM  Show Profile
They were easy, and great fun! I have worn them twice. My elderly mom wants some, lol! I haven’t tried them again since New Years, but they are reusable, which is nice. The only other time I tried false eyelashes, was for a Christmas party and the glue was a mess! Can you imagine how much money someone would have made if these easy peasy ones came out in the 1960s? I don’t know when I will try them again. Maybe next time I go to the grocery store with DH!

Heather, I remember the colored mascara! We must be the same age. My favorite color was the cobalt blue, because I wanted blue eyes, not brown, and that was the closest thing back then, lol. The green was pretty, too.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile
And then, remember the "permanent" ones? My bestest gal pal at the time was a beauty operator -- that's what we called them in those days -- not stylists. Anyway, she used me as her guinea pig and it was great fun. She would attach individual lashes with some kind of non-toxic cement/glue. They lasted quite a while until each hair follicle grew out. They were so gorgeous with my tall bee hive hair do that felt like a motorcycle helmet from all the hairspray. Add short hot pants and knee-high boots . . . . boy, was I a babe!!

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  12:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I have so badly wanted to try some form of eyelashes but have been afraid of the allergic reaction I may have. I have been a stay at home mom for over 5 years now and it has wracked havoc on my girly appearance! Lol I’m not much of a girly girly, but like you I enjoy dressing up for special occasions. I keep thinking that if I get some eyelashes ( my natural are very short and super blond) that I may actually feel more of a woman rather than just mom. I will have to look into these magnetic ones! Thank you for sharing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  5:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Nicole - I just turned 41 - are we close LOL?

Jean - I'd love to see a picture of the babe that you were LOL! I can't imagine what a beehive would feel like. My hair is long but super thin. There's not enough hairspray in the world to make is stay curly so I'm not sure if I could get a beehive. I do LOVE boots though!

Krista - farm life did it for me. I can't even tell you the last time I had on makeup. The cows don't care, hubby loves me the way I am...I'm not even sure the last time I had on a dress!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Heather -- Rejoice! You can have a beehive if you really want one. I have super fine very straight hair. When I got married the first time in the 60s the hairdresser did my hair in a beehive. She used great amounts of hairspray and used beer to set my hair so I walked down the aisle smelling like a brewery. That was my last beehive and I don't miss it (or the husband). It was a real mess to brush/wash out.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Hahahaha . . . . Remember that song, "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair I guess you did!! LOL. Who sang that? Was it Doris Day?

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile
I think that was Mary Martin in South Pacific.

It only took 20 years and a lot of shampoo to wash that man out of my hair --LOL

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  6:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Krista,

I have so many allergic reactions to things and have to be super careful, but the eyeliner does not bother me and I wore the eyelashes all day and did not feel them. I also wear contacts and they did not bother me. You might be okay with these!

Jean, love your story! I would rock a beehive if I could! I was too late for that trend, but girl, I had the tallest broccoli bangs in high school! It is a wonder I have hair today after that, but being from Texas I could tease and spray like nobody’s business! (Had to be careful around open flames, Lol).

Heather I am about seven years older than you, so yes, close. :)

Judith, omg! I am giggling right now!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2021 :  1:51:30 PM  Show Profile
Nicole thank you for the info! I will look at trying some! Do you mind if I ask what the brand was?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2021 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Not at all! I got the “Ardell” brand. They were not priced too high, and are latex free. To be honest, the eyeliner is wonderful without the lashes, too!!!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  1:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I'll see if I can find some!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  09:52:05 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha....
Heres a story....
In my 20s the rubber on my eyelash curler was no good and it cut all my eyelashes off on one eye...
...and i was on my way to work....lol
I did nothing that day, but, the next day I bought some fake lashes from the then drugstore(I am in my 60s, so that tells you about the time)
I tried and tried to glue them on(these were individual ones then)
Never did get them in but, sure did make a mess with the glue though.. lol
Finally bought the full ones and made a mess w the glue, but, those worked...
Took months for my eyelash to grow out....
Wish they had the magnetic ones back then....lol

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2021 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Terri, that would have been horrible. It’s good that you can look back and laugh about it now! Oh the poor things women have to go through lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2021 :  5:11:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to pay better attention to my eyelash curler!!!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2021 :  6:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, then it was horrible, cause I was sooo vain....I can laugh a belly laugh now !
Thinking how dumb I was about such things !!!!
Thank you for laughing with me !
Never tried magnetic lashes...how do those work ?

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Magnetic lashes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page