Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 January Card Swap in Memory of Portia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic January Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic
Page: of 3

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  5:08:06 PM  Show Profile
I was reading all the cards to my daughter - she said she loves watching my face light up as I was reading them! It has been a rough couple of years for me! I had a good group of friends (so I thought), as my auto-immune issues worsened and I just didn't feel like myself I started feeling like I couldn't do as much. We all would get together once a month and host a dinner party. I couldn't always make it to the parties, I would have bad weeks and there would be times the pain was too bad. We would go on a girls trip twice a year and I was unable to go on the trips and many of the women started talking about me behind my back - not believing I was ill, felt I was just not wanting to participate. When Covid got bad last March, they all still got together and I have not left my house due to my illnesses. They have said I am being over dramatic, over cautious... you still need to live etc. None of them talk to me anymore. I had 11 friends and not one even said Happy birthday in a text or a Birthday card to me this past Dec. These are women I have known for over 20 years. I have been getting sicker and sicker over the past 7 years and they just don't want to see it.

Getting cards from each of you and reading what brings you Joy, seeing positive messages - Made me so Happy! I have them posted all around the room where I teach remotely from! Thank you!!! You Don't know me but you lifted my Spirits in the most amazing way!

Niki

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  5:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Niki, I'm so sorry. I have auto-immune too, Multiple Sclerosis. Sadly, I too have experienced some of the same reactions as you have from Friends and family.
Farmgirl mail always lifts me up!!
Big Hugs! and Prayers!!
Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  6:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Nikki... and with Covid you really need to protect yourself. Covid season has been hard. My girlfriend has multi multi health issues and she said she had mot stepped foot out of her house since Covid started. She’s so sweet and I miss her.. I went to a real store for the first time today. Hubby's in Rehab nursing facility and he wanted a couple of new pairs of jeans. I have to say I was not comfortable. My daughter hangs with friends etc and go out to restaurants to eat....worries me. I might have to quarantine from her as we now have the England and South African variants in America now. They say to Double Mask.... so in a year or so things will likely settle down.
—. So, Hang in there, girl, it’ll get better. I’m sure your friend miss you too. And MJF site is a great place to be. Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

Edited by - Madelena on Jan 28 2021 6:34:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  05:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Got a sheep card yesterday... anyone want to post a Oucture???

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  4:52:50 PM  Show Profile
What is an Oucture?

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  4:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Mary, hope your hubby is doing lots better and on his way to recovery.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2021 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
He is doing better, thank you. It is like night and day. Visits are about 20 minutes long per NH. He’s doing well. Physically he has a ways to go.
Tires easily though. After seeing g what he’s been thru at his age, I wouldn’t do it myself.

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  06:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
I love, love, LOVE all the cards I am receiving. I have them all taped to my bedroom door and view them daily. Thank you farmgirls, you brighten my days!

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Silly me. Always last minute. My card are need just a touch and will go out Monday. Always the caboose. :-)

Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  07:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Mary - the caboose is a vital component of the train. I look forward to another card. Choo choo!

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  2:22:30 PM  Show Profile
REBECCA....... MJF. PLEASE. SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.........
the computer would not accept the address I used.

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  4:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gail. You are fun!!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  12:08:56 PM  Show Profile

Nora! I just squealed when the snow flakes fell out, so did my granddaughter! Love it!
Connie
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Niki, I love your card and what a cute Bookmark! Thanks for the Seeds! I'm ready for Spring!
Hugs! Connie#3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August
2014,Sept.2018.

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 06 2021 11:14:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2021 :  12:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Loved the chicken card with built in book mark!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  2:09:51 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to wait and post Pictures , I'm so sorry! Its the Photographer in me!! LOL!! February, I wont spoil it for others!

Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2021 :  10:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Mary! I got your precious card today!! Oh how I agree!! You know I'm busting at the seams to post a picture, I will wait!!
Hugs!! Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4922 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2021 :  10:57:52 AM  Show Profile
Terri, your card came back to me today. I got your correct one now!#
Connie#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 12 2021 10:58:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic January Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page